Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why I LOVE Buzz (vid of "the jump")  (Read 3623 times)

Wade for President

• All American
Why I LOVE Buzz (vid of "the jump")
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:01:17 AM »

I could go on and on, about my love for what Buzz has done here in 2 short years, but there's one image that sums it all up..."The Jump".  For those at the BC that didn't get to see it (and haven't seen SC yet), it was pure emotion...unplugged.  That emotion was directed for no one other than Joe Fulce (and his offensive rebound/put back).  Plain and simple.

The "jump" is why players love to play for Buzz (and why future recruits will continue to flock to Milwaukee).  Buzz wears his emotions on his sleeve.  When his emotions got the best of him (in a good way), they were specifically for Fulce.  It was a statement for Joe, as Buzz is his biggest supporter.  Fulce has had his shares of highs and lows this year...but what he's done the past  4 games is unbelievable.  Hard work, being a team player, knowing your role...gets rewarded with a sideline high kick from your coach.

The mere thought that we're talking about seeding right now, is nothing short of a miracle.  A miracle.

I don't know if it's been posted or not, but I have a couple rather ghetto video clips of "the jump"..but can't post it because it was taken on my iPhone in a .mov format (and thus can't be posted on this site).  If somebody wants to convert them to share with the group, reply with their email and I'll send you the clips.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:05:33 AM by Wade for President »

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: Why I LOVE Buzz (vid of "the jump")
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
i haven't seen any replays as i was at the game, but wasn't it the djo putback he was reacting to?

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »
i haven't seen any replays as i was at the game, but wasn't it the djo putback he was reacting to?

He reacted to both, for sure.  The one they showed on SportsCenter was his reaction to the Fulce put-back. 

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »
He was jumping for Fulce on the putback and 1 that made it 40-23 (I believe that was the score at least).  He also did a "jig" after the DJO slam at the end.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:33 AM »
no it was fulce. it was highlighted on SC

Wade for President

• All American
Re: Why I LOVE Buzz (attached vid of "the jump")
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
Here it is (apologize for the quality).  I love Mike Kelley and Lou in this highlight, "High Knees!!! Hup, hup...get it up!"

Funniest thing I've ever seen on a basketball court.  Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xRSRXEYWCc

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 03:11:37 PM »
Thanks for posting the link!  I don't which was more impressive, the Buzz jump or Fulce put-back.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »
Dude...buzz did 2 high kicks!  I bet 90% of the posters (including myself), couldn't pull that off.

I could watch that clip 100 times...and still walk away laughing.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »
What's hilarious is that he was already celebrating before Fulce went up for the shot--just getting the rebound was enough for him!

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »
What's hilarious is that he was already celebrating before Fulce went up for the shot--just getting the rebound was enough for him!

Maybe he knew the putback was coming.  I used to do the same thing with wide open Novak threes - celebrate before he even caught the pass 'cause you knew it was money!

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 03:52:20 PM »
His "jig" is better...which is saying a lot because the "wind-up" for the second jump is AWESOME.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »
Thanks for the post.  Been hoping all day that would turn up.

Keelsmeals

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 04:16:54 PM »
You can see a little bit of the jig after the DJO dunk on the MUTV recap- mostly just Buzz's legs and then the high fives after:

http://mutvsports.com/

The dunk is around 1:05 or so

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
After Buzz lands following his first jump, it looks like he either blew a knee...or looks like he's trying to keep from falling off a cliff. 

I literally have tears rolling down my face.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
After Buzz lands following his first jump, it looks like he either blew a knee...or looks like he's trying to keep from falling off a cliff. 

I literally have tears rolling down my face.

100% true..that was the funniest part of the video...he almost didn't land that thing..which hate to say it..as I wouldn't want Buzz hurt..but if he didn't land it...that would have been EPIC and all over ESPN/Yahoo/any media outlet...and sure would make Buzz look like a fun coach to play for...not to say this didn't..but imagine him crash landing that thing.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013