Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU perceptions from the blogs....good, bad, ugly  (Read 5972 times)

Fullodds

• All American
Re: MU perceptions from the blogs....good, bad, ugly
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
So you found a single blogger whose 'interests' include the Badgers to say that MU does not deserve a bid because he thinks that Buzz did not run a play at the end of 3 OT games?

Good work.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:33:09 PM »
Some guy with a picture of Camp Randall for their banner logo has negative things to say about Marquette?  Earth-shattering!

Hang on really quick while I start a blog in which I argue MU should be given a 1 seed and the entire tournament should be moved to the Al.  Then you can post that, too.

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:37:08 PM »
So you found a single blogger whose 'interests' include the Badgers to say that MU does not deserve a bid because he thinks that Buzz did not run a play at the end of 3 OT games?

Good work.

Actually, the blogger is right that it hardly looks like Buzz is running any plays on those final possessions.  Usually, they end up being screwed up broken plays.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
the two guys in the middle are idiots.
well the Louisville guy only because he is a Louisville guy.
the other is clearly a big time badger blower

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »
Actually, the blogger is right that it hardly looks like Buzz is running any plays on those final possessions.  Usually, they end up being screwed up broken plays.

Yup.  Buzz just rolls the ball out there and hopes for the best.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »

Good work.

I get a nice email several times a day that summarizes all the blog stuff about MU.  I just cut and paste, didn't have to dig at all.

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:53:57 PM »
Posting different points of view concerning MU Basketball? You douche! How dare you advocate points of view that are contrary to the majority of the others on this board! For shame! For shame!

That Chicos really hates Marquette. I can't believe he would acknowledge the fact that there may be contrary opinions about MU's tournament resume. That's darn near blasphemy

Did you know he also cheers for Indiana?

[insert additional snarky and unimportant comments here]

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »
Posting different points of view concerning MU Basketball? You douche! How dare you advocate points of view that are contrary to the majority of the others on this board! For shame! For shame!

That Chicos really hates Marquette. I can't believe he would acknowledge the fact that there may be contrary opinions about MU's tournament resume. That's darn near blasphemy

POTD = Post of the Day.

Warrior3211

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 06:10:27 PM »

Obviously he tries to draw up a play coming out of a timeout, but you're right the play breaks up easily. In my opinion, I feel like it's always too obvious on who we want to get the ball to on the last possession and teams shut that guy down.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 07:23:29 PM »

Not saying Chicos deserves to get bashed for it, but there was really very little of redeeming quality in blog post #2, Marquette snippet or otherwise.  It was pretty clearly a Badger fan that wanted to toss their opinion that anything Marquette-related sucks, and didn't bother to try and disguise it with facts.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 08:22:40 PM »
My favorite quote from the Badger poster: "his players have bailed him out by making some big shots to win the games."

makes it sound as if their heaving up half-courters or something.  Every win is based on a few breaks, and if your players can stay focused enough to take advantage of them when it counts and knock down those big shots, well, I'd say that has just as much to do with their coaching as does an offensive set. 

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 08:28:54 PM »

Bless Chico's heart that he can actually find something to cheer about with Indiana.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

Theory:  BirkieWarrior = Chicos Bail Bonds

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »
Theory:  BirkieWarrior = Chicos Bail Bonds
+1 - I've thought that for a little while..and it is interesting Chicos has accused others of creating multiple accounts and posting under different names.  Kind of like the guy who always accuses his girlfriend of cheating - 9 times out of 10, it's because that guy is cheating.  I was going to reply to Birkie and ask why "he" has posted in several threads immediately after Chicos.  Perhaps there is just a serious man crush going on between Birkie and Chicos, but it seems they may be the same person...just based on Birkie always coming to Chico's defense.  Kind of funny actually.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 09:32:29 PM »
+1 - I've thought that for a little while..and it is interesting Chicos has accused others of creating multiple accounts and posting under different names.  Kind of like the guy who always accuses his girlfriend of cheating - 9 times out of 10, it's because that guy is cheating.  I was going to reply to Birkie and ask why "he" has posted in several threads immediately after Chicos.  Perhaps there is just a serious man crush going on between Birkie and Chicos, but it seems they may be the same person...just based on Birkie always coming to Chico's defense.  Kind of funny actually.

Translation: "I have nothing legitimate to say besides resorting to conspiracy theories."

Nice try. I'm just allergic to idiocy and illogic, hence it always seems to happen in threads where you're active.

I guess I just don't understand the tendency to attack people offering insight different than my/your own on here.

For the record, Chicos has spent nearly as much time on my ignore list as you and Hayward have. I have about as much affection for his girl-bickering with Haywire as anyone else on here. Unfortunately I have this horrible tendency to click the "show post" button out of curiosity. I always convince myself that maybe, just maybe, you've got something valuable to contribute besides trolling, but again, you've proven me wrong.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Obviously he tries to draw up a play coming out of a timeout, but you're right the play breaks up easily. In my opinion, I feel like it's always too obvious on who we want to get the ball to on the last possession and teams shut that guy down.

I don't understand people's obsession with drawing up a great play on the last possession.  It seems pretty obvious that MU wants to get it to Butler on the right side because that will present a good match up and a place where he is comfortable creating.  That's what they do, and it has seemed to work pretty well.  Also, to argue against that philosophically I think is wrong because Butler has a great shooting percentage and points per shot, or whatever-that-second-stat is.  Further, that's pretty much what teams do-give it to your best player and let him make a play.

Finally, when people make the Buzz-can't-draw-up-an-end-of-game play argument, I don't think they bring up the game-I think it was the home game against Villanova-in which Butler got the rifle pass 2 feet from the basket and missed the layup.  That was a great play drawn up for a layup and it didn't work out. 

My point is I like giving it to your guy with the best matchup at the end of the game where he wants to get to work and let him go to work.  And I don't think that's outrageous end of game coaching that should draw criticism.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
Translation: "I have nothing legitimate to say besides resorting to conspiracy theories."

Nice try. I'm just allergic to idiocy and illogic, hence it always seems to happen in threads where you're active.

I guess I just don't understand the tendency to attack people offering insight different than my/your own on here.

For the record, Chicos has spent nearly as much time on my ignore list as you and Hayward have. I have about as much affection for his girl-bickering with Haywire as anyone else on here. Unfortunately I have this horrible tendency to click the "show post" button out of curiosity. I always convince myself that maybe, just maybe, you've got something valuable to contribute besides trolling, but again, you've proven me wrong.
 Sorry to let you down Birkie..since you aren't Chicos...I don't have any real issue with Chicos that hasn't been stated, and there are times I appreciate his posts and information he provides.  On occasion he drops a nugget of good information.  I believe it was just yesterday you wrote something to the effect of me being obsessed with Chicos like a fat kid is Crisco and twinkies??  And that is valuable content to contribute to this board?  That actually sounds like a Chicoism..something you might hear in the "O.C."  Nonetheless, it does seem you are a bit sensitive when people go at each other a bit on here..and when you have differences of opinion, that kind of thing is going to happen.  It's no different than a little smack-talking on the court between two competitiors..it doesn't carry over outside the lines of the event forum, nor does it here...I'd grab a beer with any of the guys here - you, Chicos, MU 84..and other "adversaries" and enjoy the debate and difference of opinion.  After all, we are all MUY fans and that is the common denominator
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 10:20:30 PM »
  Nonetheless, it does seem you are a bit sensitive when people go at each other a bit on here..and when you have differences of opinion, that kind of thing is going to happen.  It's no different than a little smack-talking on the court between two competitiors..it doesn't carry over outside the lines of the event forum, nor does it here...I'd grab a beer with any of the guys here - you, Chicos, MU 84..and other "adversaries" and enjoy the debate and difference of opinion.  After all, we are all MUY fans and that is the common denominator

You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'd take you up on that beer anytime.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »
You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'd take you up on that beer anytime.
Not sure that I'd qualify as a scholar, barely got through MU...but I don't have any type of hatred for anyone..so if my posts and occasional trash talk come off offensive, it's just in the spirit of debate.  I usually get back to MKE 1 time per year for a game, but not this season with the lack of Saturday night games..but next year..definitely will send you a message and we'll grab a cold one.  Cheers.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
 Sorry to let you down Birkie..since you aren't Chicos...I don't have any real issue with Chicos that hasn't been stated, and there are times I appreciate his posts and information he provides.  On occasion he drops a nugget of good information.  I believe it was just yesterday you wrote something to the effect of me being obsessed with Chicos like a fat kid is Crisco and twinkies??  And that is valuable content to contribute to this board?  That actually sounds like a Chicoism..something you might hear in the "O.C."  Nonetheless, it does seem you are a bit sensitive when people go at each other a bit on here..and when you have differences of opinion, that kind of thing is going to happen.  It's no different than a little smack-talking on the court between two competitiors..it doesn't carry over outside the lines of the event forum, nor does it here...I'd grab a beer with any of the guys here - you, Chicos, MU 84..and other "adversaries" and enjoy the debate and difference of opinion.  After all, we are all MUY fans and that is the common denominator

oh, didn't you know that everyone who questions Chicos is instantly labelled as 'obsessed' with him?

gotta love this board.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 11:16:07 AM »
oh, didn't you know that everyone who questions Chicos is instantly labelled as 'obsessed' with him?

gotta love this board.
Definitely - Chicos serves a good purpose here as he incites strong opinions one way or another.  I've definitely sparred with the guy on numerous topics...and as such been labeled obessed..which isn't quite accurate...but some of his posts require some rebuttal, which ultimately leads into a chain of back and forth sparring..which then gets labeled as being obsessed!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Definitely - Chicos serves a good purpose here as he incites strong opinions one way or another. 

Maybe that's my role.    :)  But I mean what I say and I say what I mean.

I think most people that meet me in person think I'm a decent fellow.  The printed word is always tricky because it can be read many ways.  I'll gladly take you up on the beer offer at some point.  Cheers.

feedback