[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

Shaka interview by Zog from Margo
[Today at 02:08:01 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Before you rip on Cubillan...  (Read 7396 times)

avid1010

• All American
Re: Before you rip on Cubillan...
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
Yes, jack nut.  

I just don't see any reason to immediately after our 3rd road W in a row to jump on here and rip away at a starter who played 44 minutes.  Sure he does stupid things.  But so does Lazar (reach in fouls), so does DJO (lost on D), so does everyone.  

I have never, and to my knowledge no one on this board has ever, ripped Cobbie for his effort.  I see no problem with discussion on his shot selection.  I thought he played a great first half and a lousy second half.  Is that okay to say within your set of rules or am I a jack nut?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »
I have never, and to my knowledge no one on this board has ever, ripped Cobbie for his effort.  I see no problem with discussion on his shot selection.  I thought he played a great first half and a lousy second half.  Is that okay to say within your set of rules or am I a jack nut?

Avid, what you're saying is much much different than what the original poster said.  You questioned DC's shot selections, the original posted called him terrible.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:15:54 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GuyIncognito

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 02:19:34 PM »
Avid, what you're saying is much much different than what the original poster said.  You questioned DC's shot selections, the original posted called him terrible.

Please quote where I criticized his effort/character, jack nut.

Nevermind, I see you edited your post because you were wrong.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:26:32 PM by GuyIncognito »

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »
Avid, what you're saying is much much different than what the original poster said.  You questioned DC's shot selections, the original posted called him terrible.

Fair enough.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
How about the heads up play against St. Johns when it was 4 against 0, St. John's misses the layup, Coobey grabs the rebound and then is fouled.  Or how about today, the inbound pass hits the SH player in the back and Coobey is their to snatch it between three SH players.  Those are huge plays when it is 3 or 4 against 1.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
Do you guys think lazar takes questionable 3s at times?
Yes.  Especially in the Cincy game.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:33:13 PM by TJ »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
cubi wants to win and yes he did today take some questionable shots that in the grand scheme of things could have ended up in DJO or Hayward or Ackers hands for the smae type of shot.  he is guilty of that but he really busts his ass.  he is the best we have right now.

there is no doubt Acker and cubi are weak defensively.  The Shu post player had 25 of the easiest points today becuase we cannot stop dribble penetration. 

that has been the issue all season long so i am not sure the point of after every single game...28 times now...we need to rip on Acker or cubillan for being exactly who they are.

Mu recruited them and they are the players on our team.  You can either choose to point out their deficiences ad nauseum after every game or root for them to do the best of their abilities.  ripping on them is not going to suddenly make them defend dribble penetration like DJ used to.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »
I just want to know if I can call him Cubillionaire?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »
All I have to say is his abbreviated name should include a Cu since that is how his name starts out.  No Coo etc.  Ty :)

marquette99

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
I will apologize for calling him cube, but I watched him drive through sh 4 times for 9 pts, then end our 3-pt drought. He doesn't turn it over.  Thought he played great.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
I will apologize for calling him cube, but I watched him drive through sh 4 times for 9 pts, then end our 3-pt drought. He doesn't turn it over.  Thought he played great.

The lack of turnovers I think is the most overlooked stat out there. Can't say enough about a guard who plays 44 minutes and doesn't turn the ball over. Ok, so he jacked up 3-4 bad threes. You can consider those turnovers if you want, but they still had a chance at going in (he shot 33% from three point range, after all).

Basically, what I'm trying to say is...every player is going to make mistakes on offense. Cubillan's lack of turnovers allows me to overlook a couple bad shots in a game like this. His overall performance was outstanding.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2010, 07:23:05 PM »
I hope Cooby can breakout "the worm" after he nails 6 three's against Looeyville.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 10:21:56 PM »
I love the kid.  Busts his ass.  I thought he made some stellar drives to the hoop today, hit at least one (maybe two) three pointers, and his defense wasn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be.  I never understood the crap that people give Acker and Cubes here....they're kids, busting butt for our university.

Kudos to them all.

Doctor V

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 11:57:08 PM »
I hope Cooby can breakout "the worm" after he nails 6 three's against Looeyville.

Its been some time. Ill say senior night

mugrad99

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 06:28:05 AM »
I love the kid.  Busts his ass.  I thought he made some stellar drives to the hoop today, hit at least one (maybe two) three pointers, and his defense wasn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be.  I never understood the crap that people give Acker and Cubes here....they're CREAN'Skids, busting butt for our university.

fixed it before anyone else did

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »
I love the kid.  Busts his ass.  I thought he made some stellar drives to the hoop today, hit at least one (maybe two) three pointers, and his defense wasn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be.  I never understood the crap that people give Acker and Cubes here....they're kids, busting butt for our university.

Kudos to them all.

+1.  They've both played well beyond expectations, considering during pre-season we didn't expect either to get much playing time.  Yeah, they may occasionally do something I don't like, but I scream just as much each time Lazar gets a reach in foul.  They've contributed a ton this year!  These are a group of seniors we should all be very proud of.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »
fixed it before anyone else did

LOL.  Yes, that is definitely the reason why some people here have hated on these kids, because of who recruited them.  Pathetic, but that's the reason for a few posters.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
I just want to know if I can call him Cubillionaire?

It's not "Cubillionaire," it's "The Cubillionaire."

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:35 AM »
 Who wants to be a Cubillionaire? Thats awful I apogize  :D
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

feedback