Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tom Crean Just Got Ejected  (Read 18080 times)

Bizzork

• Walk-On
Re: Tom Crean Just Got Ejected
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »
Officials included Jim Burr, Tom O'Neill, and Mike Kitts.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »
i didnt see it, but did he get tech'd twice separately? or did they just toss him on the spot?  because if its the latter, its quite a bit more excusable.

Bizzork

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Two separate techs from two separate officials.  Burr hit him with the first one, walked away, then he got tossed by O'Neill about 30 game seconds later.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 10:24:53 PM »
haha. perfect.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 11:00:19 PM »
Thanks Crean for making my night. I won't say Go Rodents ever in my life but watching Its Indiana Its Indiana melt down was so amusing.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »
It's gotta be pretty rare to see a high major D1 coach get tossed. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »
Just catching up with my Tweets.
Crean's tweet before the game:

"Get out here students. We need you"

interesting as it is not a saccharine laced tweet rather an inferred earnest one.
SS Marquette

HoopsMalone

• All American

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »
Is it to soon to feel bad for the guy?... I don't now, but soon this is just going to get sad, and as a MU grad I appreciate what he did regardless of my ignorance of his personality and neuroses.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Tom Crean =  Judas Iscariot

Hope he's enjoying the "big time" program he's now coaching.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 11:52:57 PM »
Is it to soon to feel bad for the guy?... I don't now, but soon this is just going to get sad, and as a MU grad I appreciate what he did regardless of my ignorance of his personality and neuroses.

We hope that he isn't really going through clinical depression, but he has about 2 million reasons every year to get over losing at basketball, not to mention a potentially lucrative buyout.  People have been through harder things and have broken off relationships in smoother ways than the way he took the money and ran to IU.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 11:58:39 PM »

Tom Crean =  Judas Iscariot

Hope he's enjoying the "big time" program he's now coaching.

Coaches leave programs all the time.  99% of people in his position would have done the same thing.
I think were doing fine without him, so why all the hatred? Just remember him for what he did for MU and the resurgence he started.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 12:03:58 AM »
How has the post not been taken yet?

Its Indiana, Its Indiana

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 02:02:03 AM »
HAHA.  Also never compare Tom Crean to Judas because Judas actually did something according to the Bible. 

Tom Crean really hasn't done much since Dwade left considering how many millions MU paid him.  But whatever at least he is Tan and Tim Buckley can tell him how good of a job he is doing since his assistants are probably pretty good at blowing smoke up his ass! 

When will Chicos come to his defense?  I mean its a soft bubble so IU shoud make the tournment  ;D

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 07:34:07 AM »
Damn, somebody already grabbed "It's Indiana-Indiana"

Oh well--Crean got creamed by the refs.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »
http://vimeo.com/9752259  --- only video I could find

If they lose to Iowa in their next game he's in trouble....to me, he realized they weren't going to win this game and started preparing for Iowa by getting tossed.

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 07:59:49 AM »

If they lose to Iowa in their next game he's in trouble....to me, he realized they weren't going to win this game and started preparing for Iowa by getting tossed.

I like how all he talked about in the post game was his "passion" and Rivers talked about "how much he cares about Indiana".  If you can't coach you can't coach, doesn't matter how much passion you have.  People can say what they want about how he brought Marquette back blah, blah, blah.  No he didn't.  He played patty cake with the school and all the donors to get us $$ for the program, so fine, thanks for that.  Wade brought the program back to national prominence.  He is doesn't have a genuine fiber or moral thread in his body.  So between not being a good coach and not being a good person, it's no wonder he's depressed...

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »
100 percent orchestrated. "Maybe I'll get myself ejected to show people I care."

I've said it once and I'll say it again, does anybody get their doors blown off more than Crean? Rebuilding or not, they should not be losing at home by 32 points to anybody.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »

Dick Strong was in the crowd behind him.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
Coaches leave programs all the time.  99% of people in his position would have done the same thing.
I think were doing fine without him, so why all the hatred? Just remember him for what he did for MU and the resurgence he started.

I agree. I have never understood the utter hatred for Crean since he left. Yes, the manner in which he left was shocking - to not tell his players before it hit the media is pretty low. But he did do great things for this school, this program...so why all the hate?

I like how all he talked about in the post game was his "passion" and Rivers talked about "how much he cares about Indiana".  If you can't coach you can't coach, doesn't matter how much passion you have.  People can say what they want about how he brought Marquette back blah, blah, blah.  No he didn't.  He played patty cake with the school and all the donors to get us $$ for the program, so fine, thanks for that.  Wade brought the program back to national prominence.  He is doesn't have a genuine fiber or moral thread in his body.  So between not being a good coach and not being a good person, it's no wonder he's depressed...

I disagree about not being able to coach, he got us to the Final Four. Part of being the head coach is getting dollars for the program, isn't it? (that's an honest question...from the person who wondered what Lazar was yelling about in the last huddle, so clearly I'm naive). I love what Wade did for Marquette, love being able to say he went to my alma mater, but he doesn't get all the credit for bringing the program back. There were a number of star players on that team, who Crean recruited. And by the way, Wade left us for the NBA paycheck...not too far off from a coach making a career decision to go where the money is...yes?

I can't speak to the moral fiber of Tom Crean. All I know is I met him once and he was very gracious. I was really bummed when he left, but that was before I knew who Buzz Williams was. I do take more to Buzz's demeanor and I do think he coaches better - the guys seem like a true team, a cohesive unit that plays unselfish basketball and plays their guts out for this coach. That said, that doesn't have anything to do with what Crean did for us. He brought us back from the Deane years, I mean come on.

Tom Crean is more polarizing than Hillary Clinton. Good grief.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 08:57:07 AM »
This reminds me of the Dukiet years. It was a moral victory for us when he told digger to F himself.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 08:58:29 AM »
I agree. I have never understood the utter hatred for Crean since he left.

Tom Crean is more polarizing than Hillary Clinton. Good grief.

The hatred comes from those who pretended to like him for so many years. When he finally left, they were free to voice their true opinions of the a-hole. He's absolutely loathsome.

I pray to God that last night was not rock bottom.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 09:18:33 AM »
The hatred comes from those who pretended to like him for so many years. When he finally left, they were free to voice their true opinions of the a-hole. He's absolutely loathsome.

I pray to God that last night was not rock bottom.

I understand the hatred.  We always heard rumors about his true demeanor, but publicly we didn't hear/see the same thing.  When he left, and most importantly, the way he left seems to show that those rumors were true. 

As far as him as a coach.  He got Wade, and deserves credit for doing so.  That's part of being a college coach, but if I'm an IU fan I'd be worried that players like Wade don't come around often (especially because of the way he got Wade).  I think TC realized this, took the IU job hoping he could land big name players, and we'll see if that works out for him.  So far, I'm getting a kick out of it.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »

So pretty much when he left you were able to voice your opinion because everyone didn't already know that he was going to Indiana years before he left. Your opinion got stronger because he left as well right??

While I agree to a certain degree that he sometimes put on a bit of a show, I respect what he did for Marquette.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2010, 09:26:11 AM »
Hard to believe TC using such bad language after this rant.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dasj3L4m8

It was pretty easy to read his lips a few times when he was saying "that is f--ing sh-t".  He probably said it about 4 times in a row.  I think he was trying to get thrown out to fire up the team and the crowd.

feedback