[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Every time you are about to post something about Buzz's TO plays  (Read 1858 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Every time you are about to post something about Buzz's TO plays
« on: February 21, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
Think about that TO out of bounds play sending Jimmy on the go route.  Buzz isn't great but I think the play calling from TO's will get better with time.  Great call.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Every time you are about to post something about Buzz's TO plays
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:36 PM »
Buzz isn't the best I've seen but that was a tremendous call, the announcer had a good hunch.

and I'd like to see the foul instead of letting him go for the three as well but I'm not getting paid for W's buzz is.  The heart rate will just have to suffer.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »
Do you think Dixon taught him that play after the game on Thursday ;)?  They did it to us inside of a minute.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »
Think about that TO out of bounds play sending Jimmy on the go route.  Buzz isn't great but I think the play calling from TO's will get better with time.  Great call.

Buzz isn't great?  Tough crowd around here.  So many posts damning with faint praise.  "Buzz sucks as a coach, but that was a good one I guess..."

Poised for a tourney berth with nowhere near the talent level of some teams below us like Cincy and UConn, yet people are still ripping on Buzz.  Unbelievable.

storyhilltopper

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
second.  i rarely post on this site.  but i read it often.  many that post here need to lighten up. 

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »

Those of you with TIVO, watch the ballet that occurred prior to the actual "go long" in-bounds pass.  Specifically, note Cubes timing on his "fake" move (it happened just prior to the ref giving Zar the ball) and then Cubes coming back, setting a pick to free JB for the go route.  It was beautiful!  I'd love to know if Buzz set it up that way and I have to think that he did.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
Those of you with TIVO, watch the ballet that occurred prior to the actual "go long" in-bounds pass.  Specifically, note Cubes timing on his "fake" move (it happened just prior to the ref giving Zar the ball) and then Cubes coming back, setting a pick to free JB for the go route.  It was beautiful!  I'd love to know if Buzz set it up that way and I have to think that he did.

I saw that on the replay.

It was an NFL pick to the nth degree!

It also helped that the Lazar to Butler pass shifted the refs vision to the frontcourt.
SS Marquette

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »
Despite the injuries and the losses they had to graduation, Buzz should get consideration for Big East "Coach of the Year". Remember all the coaches everybody wanted like Miller, Grant, and Bennett. Be thankful Buzz is at MU!!
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 09:08:59 PM »
Buzz isn't great?  Tough crowd around here.  So many posts damning with faint praise.  "Buzz sucks as a coach, but that was a good one I guess..."

Poised for a tourney berth with nowhere near the talent level of some teams below us like Cincy and UConn, yet people are still ripping on Buzz.  Unbelievable.

Just for the record, I am a huge Buzz fan.  I just think that play calling from a TO is a bit of an art and Buzz is still kinda learning on the job. 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
Those of you with TIVO, watch the ballet that occurred prior to the actual "go long" in-bounds pass.  Specifically, note Cubes timing on his "fake" move (it happened just prior to the ref giving Zar the ball) and then Cubes coming back, setting a pick to free JB for the go route.  It was beautiful!  I'd love to know if Buzz set it up that way and I have to think that he did.

I had to go back and watch the reply on espn360.com - and Cubie's fake and pick were just awesome - really got Jimmy loose for the touchdown pass. A thing of beauty :)  And Jimmy's catch and stuff were well done!

feedback