Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:40:18 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DPU Student Section's Greatest Hits...  (Read 5556 times)

MUfan12

• All American
DPU Student Section's Greatest Hits...
« on: February 15, 2007, 09:01:10 AM »
1. FU-MU
2. Middle fingers after a basket
3. F*&% Marquette!
4. Marquette Mar-sux (edit: gotta be accurate)
5. Marquette Sucks.

And my personal favorite exchange with one of their students in the parking lot. Dude gets in my face screaming "Marquette SUCKS!" I ask, "What's your record again?" His reply.....

"Go buy some cheese!" That's right my friends, we should all buy some cheese.

For those who complain about MU students, go to a game at Allstate. A good turnout for them is half of what we got for Rutgers, and they are not loud. One of the most uncreative and classless sections I've seen. If anyone else who was there has any more pearls of wisdom from DPU's finest, please post them.... they never cease to amuse me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:51:26 AM by MUfan12 »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: DPU Student Section's Greatest Hits...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »
So .. what was the stadium breakdown?  50% MU?

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:27:16 AM »
I heard it was more like 60% from The General, alas I had night class and could not attend.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »
I would say MU was 40% but much more vocal than a similar crowd of ND fans last week. I walked in later than my wife and  4 kids who were seated near 3 rows of MU students. We moved because she said the students behavior was something she didn't want to be around.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 10:40:03 AM »
77... just curious as to what the problem was with the MU students. I was with a group of about 30 in Section 212, I thought our group handled themselves pretty well. There was some trash-talking before the game down to the DPU students, but other than that people were mainly focused on the game, but then again I could have missed something. If it was our group that caused you all to move, I apologize.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
If I recall correctly, it was actually Marquette Mar-Sux.

The DePaul Student Section grammar rodeo continues.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

thethethe

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 11:05:51 AM »
it did say "Marquette Mar-sux".  Which I thought was funny, considering I had just mentioned my favorite sign.. "DePaul DeBlows".. . curious similarities..

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 11:46:29 AM »
i can say that walking to my car after the game i was a first hand witness to some of the most classless victors i have ever seen.  i understand getting pumped after a big win, but i have gotten less yelled at me wearing an oppenents sweatshirt to a badger football game.  i had to keep reminding myself that these were just kids that have never been to a game before so they didn't know how to react.  if one more depaul student got within 1 foot of me to yell go back to wisconsin you f***ing cheesehead, i was going to lose it.  my girlfriend had to keep reminding me to just let it go.  i know there were a lot of them that just kept their mouth shut and enjoyed the victory, but the group that had to be vocal hurt everyone.  i have been guilty of razzing other teams fans in the past, but the things they were saying took it to another level. 

side note:  All-state is a dump and should be torn down.  that is based nothing on the outcome of the game, just the feeling being inside there.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »
I have nothing to add with respect to DePaul signs on MU. But a number of years ago, there was a Kegs n Eggs party and a couple of buses to Allstate. That was when Saturday games were still the norm between these two in Chicago. Anyway, one of my fondest recollections (of the very few... ahem) of that party was the sign hanging out the window over Fullerton Ave that read: Depaul = Taliban

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 12:06:07 PM »
That is CLASSIC!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »
I have nothing to add with respect to DePaul signs on MU. But a number of years ago, there was a Kegs n Eggs party and a couple of buses to Allstate. That was when Saturday games were still the norm between these two in Chicago. Anyway, one of my fondest recollections (of the very few... ahem) of that party was the sign hanging out the window over Fullerton Ave that read: Depaul = Taliban

LOL. Wow. That's excellent.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 03:34:53 PM »
There was also a go back to Indiana from a couple DePaul fans, but definately the Marquette Mar-Sux sign wins.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 05:18:01 PM »
77... just curious as to what the problem was with the MU students. I was with a group of about 30 in Section 212, I thought our group handled themselves pretty well. There was some trash-talking before the game down to the DPU students, but other than that people were mainly focused on the game, but then again I could have missed something. If it was our group that caused you all to move, I apologize.
She was trying to sit in ticketed seats in row c of your section. She asked someone to move and didn't get the reaction she expected. Your apology is accepted MU fan12. It probably wasn't yourself if you took the initiative to apologize. I'm not sure why she didn't sit farther back since it was apparent that you guys were into the game and most 3-8 year old kids can't see over adults. We sat over one section in the corner and my kids terrorized everyone around us. Apology to anyone sitting near us!

I attended a Miami - ND game in the Orange Bowl over Thanksgiving in the early 90's and that was the worst case of classless behavior I have seen. I saw punks running around and screaming in older peoples faces. I was shocked that fights didn't break out at that time.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:20:07 PM by 77fan88warrior »

MUBasketball

• All American
Re: My personal favorite
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
As pissed off as I was walking out of the arena last night, all I could do was laugh at the DePaul students. A loud chant of "NCAA!!! NCAA!!". Apparently they think they are now in the Big Dance? Even if they were, just being invited is worth a euphoric celebration?

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »
Whenever I run into an opposing fan screaming at me that my team sucks. I give the following reply.

ex.      The Packers suck.....!
reply    THE BEARS SWALLOW!!!!

ex......Marquette sucks...!
reply...DePaul SWALLOWS!!

Works everytime.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
There was also a go back to Indiana from a couple DePaul fans, but definately the Marquette Mar-Sux sign wins.

Yes, when Wes was taken down at the end of the 1st half, myself and a couple of other MU fans were giving the refs some choice words.  An intelligent Depaul fan yelled back to us, "GO BACK TO INDIANA!!!"

Wasnt sure what to think.....

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »
They're not used to attending, let alone winning games.

I pity them.  We got beat flat out last night.  Let them enjoy their win.  We have the better program, and a better future.

The Allstate Arena sucks, big-time. 

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »
Whenever I run into an opposing fan screaming at me that my team sucks. I give the following reply.

ex.      The Packers suck.....!
reply    THE BEARS SWALLOW!!!!

ex......Marquette sucks...!
reply...DePaul SWALLOWS!!

Works everytime.

I remember using that one in High School.  Should have seen the look on the Dean's face while we were doing it.  it was classic

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 09:18:38 PM »
They're not used to attending, let alone winning games.

I pity them.  We got beat flat out last night.  Let them enjoy their win.  We have the better program, and a better future.

The Allstate Arena sucks, big-time. 

Yeah that arena does suck....I kept mentioning how it looked like a giant Whitecastle and I even asked a couple employees where they sold Sliders and the crave cases.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
All-State Arena
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
I had less leg-room in my row than on a third-world airliner, and I couldn't believe the maze that you have to go through to find your section.

Good lord, what a crappy place.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »
Those kids were bad, one kid knocked down a 80-year old DePaul fan because he was jumping in circles around some MU fans. Disgrace.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »
I was at the party with the Taliban sign.  Awesome day. 

Though my recollection is that MU lost the game.  Close one. 

I think it was '04. 

feedback