Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: They Are Who We Thought They Were  (Read 3108 times)

MU83

• Walk-On
They Are Who We Thought They Were
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »
Watching the Pitt game, it struck me that MU is too small, doesn't have a bench, and relies too heavily on the three point shot.  Pretty much what we all knew going into the season, but what we all overlooked after the mid season run and our dream of finishing in the top four of the Big East.  Now we find ourselves ready to leave for a three game road trip, probably having to win all three to set up what would then be the biggest game of the year against Louisville.  Lose any of the three road games and we are NIT bound.  When the dust settles, I think this team will turn out to be exactly what we all thought they were; add in their consistent strong effort, and I'll live with that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:31:58 PM by MU83 »

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
Re: They Are Who We Thought They Were
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:08:08 PM »
We don't need to win all three road games.

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:54:58 PM »
Watching the Pitt game, it struck me that MU is too small, doesn't have a bench, and relies too heavily on the three point shot.  Pretty much what we all knew going into the season, but what we all overlooked after the mid season run and our dream of finishing in the top four of the Big East.  Now we find ourselves ready to leave for a three game road trip, probably having to win all three to set up what would then be the biggest game of the year against Louisville.  Lose any of the three road games and we are NIT bound.  When the dust settles, I think this team will turn out to be exactly what we all thought they were; add in their consistent strong effort, and I'll live with that.

What should we crown your ass since you have all the answers? ;D

MU83

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 09:16:33 AM »
Crown me "King of the Idiots", at least as it pertains to this post. ;D

Mu2323

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
Hopefully cincinatti, seton hall, and st, johns will let us off the hook, but i doubt it bc thats why they took the damn court :)

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
We don't need to win all three road games.

Agreed.  I think we need to take 2/3 of them and defend home court against Louisville and ND.  Seton Hall worries me the most, some has to try and shut down Hazell...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »
Agreed.  I think we need to take 2/3 of them and defend home court against Louisville and ND.  Seton Hall worries me the most, some has to try and shut down Hazell...

Just like West Virginia did today.  No Hazell, no win.

MU83

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
I just don't think we can afford to lose to another mediocre (or worse) team.  The fact that we lost to Pitt leaves us with only one really strong win (against Georgetown), and even that is being diminished by their play of late.  I think we need the three road games and then to beat Louisville to get in.  Obviously, there are many other factors related to the performance of other teams, so this is just my gut feeling.  I hope you guys are right though, because I think winning all three of these is going to be really tough.

gumbyandpokey

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »
Cincy is the big road game.  The other teams don't have a shot of getting in.  IMO, MU can only afford a single loss (not against Louisville, though) from here on.

I still say the BE gets six and not seven teams in.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
Cincy is the big road game.  The other teams don't have a shot of getting in.  IMO, MU can only afford a single loss (not against Louisville, though) from here on.

So both Seton Hall and SJU will just phone it in? You are really fooling yourself if you think they will not want to knock us out.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »
So both Seton Hall and SJU will just phone it in? You are really fooling yourself if you think they will not want to knock us out.

No kidding. Seton Hall particularly. It's their senior night and www.selloutmarquette.com has been live for weeks.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
Who did you think they were?...

Silky

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

Dumbest post of the year.  Bet you a million bucks.  Name the other conferences who will get more?

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »
I think the Big East will get 7 bids.  Top to bottom it is the best conference in the nation and the NCAA tournament committee knows it.  We are also going to benefit from the terrible Pac-10 this year, they will be lucky to get 3 bids as opposed to last years 6 bids.  i think a 10-8 conference record gets us in for sure. 

feedback