'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Win 8 in a row...  (Read 3082 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Win 8 in a row...
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »
I know it's highly unlikely, but was just doing the math on winning another 8 in a row after losing 2 stright.  By my calculations, that would have us win the next 4 regular season games (including Pitt), get a bye in the BET and WIN the BET with 3 games in a row.  Then, win one game in the NCAA tourney.

So, curious, as fans...would you take that now, or would you rather give up a loss or two, and go farther in the tourney? (assuming it was a tradeoff - I know...all highly unlikely anyway)

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: Win 8 in a row...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:29 PM »
I know it's highly unlikely, but was just doing the math on winning another 8 in a row after losing 2 stright.  By my calculations, that would have us win the next 4 regular season games (including Pitt), get a bye in the BET and WIN the BET with 3 games in a row.  Then, win one game in the NCAA tourney.

So, curious, as fans...would you take that now, or would you rather give up a loss or two, and go farther in the tourney? (assuming it was a tradeoff - I know...all highly unlikely anyway)

Can't we have both, and just make it a 14 game winning streak?   ;)

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »
I think almost all fans would take losing the rest of our games to go further in the tourney. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 10:25:22 PM »
Can't we have both, and just make it a 14 game winning streak?

Crap!  Why didn't I think of that???

p.s. - I know you're just trying to pad your smily total

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »
Can't we have both, and just make it a 14 game winning streak?

Crap!  Why didn't I think of that???

p.s. - I know you're just trying to pad your smily total

damn! they're on to me...

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »
Whatever it takes for the shot selection to improve.  I don't know if we'll get better at ft's, but i'm positive our decision making can/should/must improve by March.  Never fun to see MU lose, but hopefully this one sticks in the player's craws and marks a change in the areas of the game completly under their control (25 ft. 3 pointers and boxing out).  This MU team has the talent to go far, they just need to make the right choices.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »
By the way...

Ever since the Selection Sunday Countdown Clock was added to this site, we've lost.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:33:54 PM »
not the rest of them, i would be ok w/ losses if we keep ourselves in a position to get a first round BET bye and can get a decent seed come tourney time...then we can win and make it to the final four  ;D

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 08:24:47 AM »

Wow that's weird. I was thinking the exact same thing last night and was just going to post the same question...Would you as a fan sign up for that right now, or take your chances on going farther (or doing worse)? I think I would take the deal.

ONeills Barstool

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 08:39:20 AM »
I too was thinking the same about another 8-gamer and where that would get us.  Then I thought about the tournament expectations we'd have entering with a record of 28-6.  Losing in the first weekend of the tournament after that kind of run?  No thanks.  Think of all the bashing that would create.....and how long it would last.....ugh.

...Would you as a fan sign up for that right now, or take your chances on going farther (or doing worse)? I think I would take the deal.

I'll take my chances....

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »
I would much rather have consecutive road losses to Depaul and Georgetown than East Carolina and Dayton.  Perspective guys. 

We'll be fine, we played two tough teams at their place and in both games we were in late.

Depaul until the last 15 seconds, Georgetown until the last 5min with a squad not at full strength.

feedback