Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DePaul post game interview  (Read 3856 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
DePaul post game interview
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:09:18 PM »
Tom Crean
Upset that refs weren't giving him timeouts despite screaming at them for it.  Claimed he didn't hear him.  Didn't make enough free throws.  Not happy with bench in first half. Gave up too many transitions points (more steaming about not getting the timeouts...)

Ooze failing to score today:  Extremely important to get him going.  But we wouldn't be where we are without him though.  Crean hasn't liked MU's bench for the past few weeks - the big guys especially.  They've been non existent, and then MU goes down to 6 or 7 guys.  Very angry about how they've been practicing and playing.  Weren't a lot of good options today.

Doesn't want to say any more.  Angry about the refs.  Doesn't know what the regulations are on what he can say, but every week they get a new memo from the big east as to what is allowed.  Wasn't getting the things he wanted called, and thought it was inexcusable that they said they couldn't hear him.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Re: DePaul post game interview
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »
Who were the refs tonight?
Ludum habemus.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:12:56 PM »
Moe, Curly, and Larry
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 10:13:10 PM »
I love Tom, but you can't blame the refs for this one. We missed free throws, couldn't rebound when we had inside position on FTs, and Dominic came up very small. Ooze, Burke and Cubes (who has hit a wall) gave us nothing, and when that happens DePaul is better than we are. We have to play well to win, and we were lousy.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »
Wow, Crean sounded boiling over angry, in a calm way.  You could tell he was searching for a way to say how pissed he was with the refs, referring to memos on what he can't say.  Pissed about Fitz' ghostly PFs and the lack of calls on the other end.

Seriously sounds like he's going to go home and stomp on some puppies.

Quote of the show:  "You can't win when your 5 gets zero points". .. Said how for the past 1-2 weeks, how unhappy he's been with all the bigs.

.. "We need a huge crowd on Saturday.  Not just loud.  We need bedlam on Saturday."

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16:51 PM »
R. Charles, S. Wonder, L. Braille.  Don't think they lost us the game, just pissed that their calls on Fitz left us hamstrung in the final 2 minutes.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »
I love Tom, but you can't blame the refs for this one. We missed free throws, couldn't rebound when we had inside position on FTs, and Dominic came up very small. Ooze, Burke and Cubes (who has hit a wall) gave us nothing, and when that happens DePaul is better than we are. We have to play well to win, and we were lousy.

You can't blame the refs but I find it awfully hard to believe that TC called that timeout when we had the 3 on 1 breakway.  My bet is that TC was screaming for that timeout for at least 5 seconds and they only granted it to him after Fitz got out of the triple team and two subsequent passes.  That was cr*p.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »
R. Charles, S. Wonder, L. Braille.  Don't think they lost us the game, just pissed that their calls on Fitz left us hamstrung in the final 2 minutes.

I would imagine that TC would have drawn up a play for Fitz to take the 3 instead of Dom taking his shot so yes i can see why he was irate on some questionable calls against Fitz.  Especially the last one.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »
I would imagine he is also pretty upset by the fact they gave up 40 pts in the first half...that isn't acceptable. The health of the team must be getting better at least if he's upset they aren't working hard in practice...would figure most everyone is healthy at least.

gotta wonder what's going on w/ some of the guys though, the team as a whole just doesn't seem like the same group that played during the heart of that 8 game run

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 11:02:08 PM »
I would agree that the defense stunk in the first half. We played much better d in 2nd half and we didn't convert on enough offensive opportunities due to bad shooting and no calls. DePaul definitely made some big baskets late in the shot clock despite stong d. Some of them were off balance running bank shots and you have to give them credit for making them. We have a hard time matching up with their size and they found ways to beat us late in possessions. I can understand why Crean was frustrated.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:44:59 PM »
We lost this game because of ft's and the refs. Usually I hate blaming the refs, but wow did they suck....I never thought that I'd want Higgins, Burr and Hightower reffing the same game...but this would have been that game, they could have called a better game. Obviously we still need to make shots and ft's but its hard to over come the fact that the refs aren't calling anything on one team and ghostly(Fitz's) fouls on another. It was frustrating to watch Marquette get within 1 only to have the refs in Higgin's like fashion take over the end of the game...and who ever said they don't like deciding the game at the end?

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »
Good to hear that he was really mad.  We looked like garbage out there, and the officiating killed us as well.  Plus, James is still killing us with his shot selection.

Crean needs to do some soul-searching with the team this week or else we are going to get killed on Saturday.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 08:57:36 AM »
.. "We need a huge crowd on Saturday.  Not just loud.  We need bedlam on Saturday."

I agree.

And for DJ to stop shooting threes.
SS Marquette

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »

all right.. gonna get a plane ticket and a game ticket and go there and bring my voice too.

oh wait.. I already have those - woohoo!  ;D  WE ARE MARQUETTE!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »

For those of you unable to read between the lines, I'll translate...

"It's an 8:00 game on Saturday night, I expect everyone to be drunk."

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »

For those of you unable to read between the lines, I'll translate...

"It's an 8:00 game on Saturday night, I expect everyone to be drunk."

I've got a veritable boatload of fellow '06 alums making the trip to Milwaukee for the weekend. We'll all be in attendance on Saturday night, and I'm sure by that point we'll be well-oiled. Needless to say, I'm quite excited for the game. I have a feeling it's gonna be LOUD.