[Today at 12:32:36 PM]

New Assistant Coach by dspan34
[Today at 12:23:16 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Lennys Tap
[Today at 11:59:35 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by wadesworld
[Today at 10:04:06 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jimmy's Dance  (Read 7358 times)

The Pickle

• Team Captain
Jimmy's Dance
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Out of 10, what do you give Jimmy's impression of Cubillan's shimmy after his 3 point play? 

MUEng92

• All American
Re: Jimmy's Dance
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
0, he missed the FT and that is all that matters

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »
a 1 for missing the free throw.  The ref bagging on him for it rattled him.  

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 09:43:35 PM »
He does a great job drawing fouls inside against bigger guys, but it sure would be nice if he could finish and get the bucket a lot more often. He missed at least three relatively easy shots around the basket in the first half alone.

romey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »
He does a great job drawing fouls inside against bigger guys, but it sure would be nice if he could finish and get the bucket a lot more often. He missed at least three relatively easy shots around the basket in the first half alone.
I was going to post something about this.  He needs to DUNK!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 09:49:50 PM »
I was going to post something about this.  He needs to DUNK!

Hard to dunk the ball when you are ensuring that you draw contact...he does it well.

romey

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »
I would rather he ensures he makes the bucket.

westcoastwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 10:36:55 PM »
The ref did not like it...did you see the quick talk at the free through line?  Watch the replay...Jimmy got a quick earfull/warning.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 01:58:48 AM »
It was not as good as his Party in the USA rendition during the Old Spice Classic off day.

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:37:32 AM »
can anyone get a video of this please????

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 06:59:50 AM »
It was awesome to see him show a little emotion.   He might have been rubbing it in to Jones a little bit, like when Cubi hit that 3 from the corner and stood there for a second posing.   First time all year either has acted like that and I will blame it on Jones and bet they don't do it going forward. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 07:48:41 AM »
jimmy looked right at wes when he did it (who was cracking up)...   ref definitely did not like it...

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »
The ref did not like it...did you see the quick talk at the free through line?  Watch the replay...Jimmy got a quick earfull/warning.

Jimmy is a solid player. the showboating we could do without.

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 09:56:25 AM »
Jimmy could have had 25.  He needs to finish stronger instead of always looking to draw contact.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 10:12:31 AM »
I disagree that Jimmy should not always be looking for contact.  It helps MU to rack up fouls on the opposing players bigs.  Famous fouled out and that helped seal the deal at the end of the game because that was one less talented big challenging Lazar for those key rebounds at the end.   USF had two fouls on their bigs in the first half -- that helps MU offensively.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 10:15:58 AM »
Butler is top 5 in the entire nation in offensive efficiency. I don't see anything wrong with how he plays the game. As far as the mock Cubillan shimmy, that's completely out of character, so I think he gets a pass.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 10:16:59 AM »
Jimmy is a solid player. the showboating we could do without.

There is a fine line between showboating and having fun, but I think he was just having fun......and it was FUNNY!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
I would rather he ensures he makes the bucket.

That's ridiculous.  He's not a 7' center who doesn't have to worry about getting his shot block.  Every coach teaches players to go at the chest of taller players to force them to back off or foul.  Funny you don't see many of his shots get blocked, and his efficiency is through the roof.  He missed a couple bunnies in the last game, but to tell a 6' 7" player to stop trying to draw contact under the hoop is a$$ backwards, and to state that you would rather he ensure he makes the bucket makes it seem like you think he's trying to draw contact and make a lay-up when he could just easily make the lay-up if he wanted to.  Show me another player of his size that finishes as strong as he does around the hoop???

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
DomJamesToTheBasket abd avid - completely agree with you both. I couldn't be happier with Butler.

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »
That's ridiculous.  He's not a 7' center who doesn't have to worry about getting his shot block.  Every coach teaches players to go at the chest of taller players to force them to back off or foul.  Funny you don't see many of his shots get blocked, and his efficiency is through the roof.  He missed a couple bunnies in the last game, but to tell a 6' 7" player to stop trying to draw contact under the hoop is a$$ backwards, and to state that you would rather he ensure he makes the bucket makes it seem like you think he's trying to draw contact and make a lay-up when he could just easily make the lay-up if he wanted to.  Show me another player of his size that finishes as strong as he does around the hoop???

Don't get me wrong, I love JB's game.  There's a difference between trying to go up under the basket when you have a taller defender in front of you and when you have a clear shot at the hoop and you contort your body to try to get fouled.  A couple times Jimmy got off balance when he didn't have to, missed a close shot and didn't get fouled.  But I realize this falls under nit picking.  Great win last night.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love JB's game.  There's a difference between trying to go up under the basket when you have a taller defender in front of you and when you have a clear shot at the hoop and you contort your body to try to get fouled.  A couple times Jimmy got off balance when he didn't have to, missed a close shot and didn't get fouled.  But I realize this falls under nit picking.  Great win last night.

Jimmy gets to the line at will.  If he played 4 years at MU he would probably end up with the record.  He rarely forces things as evidenced by his efficiency.  

Jimmy gets a 10 BTW.......I thought it was hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:07:39 AM by DomJamesToTheBasket »

MUWarrior11

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 11:05:41 AM »
The JIMMY SHIMMY was awesome

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love JB's game.  There's a difference between trying to go up under the basket when you have a taller defender in front of you and when you have a clear shot at the hoop and you contort your body to try to get fouled.  A couple times Jimmy got off balance when he didn't have to, missed a close shot and didn't get fouled.  But I realize this falls under nit picking.  Great win last night.

actually i would categorize it in a lack of knowledge of the game

Jacks DC

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »

actually i would categorize it in a lack of knowledge of the game

From the guy who half the people on this board have on ignore.

romey

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 11:43:24 AM »
I agree that at times you need to draw the contact especially if you're working on a guy in foul trouble or a guy you need to get into foul trouble.  But, there are also instances where, if you have a clear shot at the basket, go for the points and you can likely get the contact as well, thus accomplishing both objectives.  I'll take the two + one, vs the two free throws anytime.  But I understand each play presents different options.  It just seems to me the mindset should be "field goal" instead of "free throws."  I'm not an expert, so help me out here.  Am I way off base here or what?