[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Nets Targeting Duke’s Krzyzewski as Next Coach, Record Reports  (Read 3941 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
If "K" wanted to jump to the NBA, why in god's name take this awful team?  Especially after he turned down Lakers in 2004.

This story just confirms how screwed up the NJ Nets are, they are floating a story that is not going to happen and further embarrass an already embarrassing organization.

---

Nets Targeting Duke’s Krzyzewski as Next Coach, Record Reports

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=awfp_WRQ.34E

Mike Krzyzewski of Duke University is the leading candidate to coach the National Basketball Association’s New Jersey Nets next season, the Record of Bergen County reported.

Krzyzewski, who has led the Blue Devils to three national college titles, is “the Nets’ first choice,” the New Jersey newspaper said. It quoted an NBA source with knowledge of the Nets’ thinking.

Krzyzewski, who also coaches the U.S. national men’s basketball team of NBA All-Stars, has turned down three pro coaching offers including the Los Angeles Lakers’ job in 2004, the Record said. There was no indication that he has expressed any interest in the Nets’ job, which may include general manager duties. Kiki Vandeweghe holds both jobs for the Nets, who are 4- 48 and on target to break the NBA’s season-worst record of 9-73 set by the 1972-73 Philadelphia 76ers.

“We are not going to comment on rumors,” Duke spokesman Matt Plizga said in an e-mail. “We play Maryland tomorrow afternoon and I’m sure it will be brought up during his post- game press conference.”

An e-mail seeking comment from Nets spokesman Gary Sussman wasn’t immediately returned.

Krzyzewski, who turns 63 tomorrow, is 853-278 in 35 seasons of college coaching. The Blue Devils are 20-4 this season and lead the Atlantic Coast Conference at 8-2.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Nets Targeting Duke’s Krzyzewski as Next Coach, Record Reports
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »
Actually, it would make good sense perfect sense. The Nets despite their record have a decent talent, Harris and Lopez. Now add in tons of cap room, possibility of playing in the Bronx.

If this happens, I can see LeBron really considering making the Nets his first choice.  Coahc K -Lopez, Yi, James, CDR, and Harris would be the top team in the East.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
The Net's do not have decent talent.  Harris and Lopez are good, but not All-Star quality.

And they'll be playing in Brooklyn...not the Bronx.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:04 AM »
The Net's do not have decent talent.  Harris and Lopez are good, but not All-Star quality.

Harris-
http://www.nba.com/allstar2009/players/
Lopez is the 3rd best center in the East. (Howard, Bogut)

Also, I forgot to add in a top 3 draft pick. So that's 3 borderline all-star level talent plus cap-room to sign a stud. If Coach K goes there he could convince Bosh, Amare, Wade or LBJ to join him. They could build a a great team and Coach K would look like a genius for taking the worst team in NBA history to the conference finals.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »

actually, the Nets have decent talent.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »
Harris-
http://www.nba.com/allstar2009/players/
Lopez is the 3rd best center in the East. (Howard, Bogut)

Also, I forgot to add in a top 3 draft pick. So that's 3 borderline all-star level talent plus cap-room to sign a stud. If Coach K goes there he could convince Bosh, Amare, Wade or LBJ to join him. They could build a a great team and Coach K would look like a genius for taking the worst team in NBA history to the conference finals.

Harris is fine...I know he was an all-star last year, but I don't think he's consistently at that level.

And I know Bogut is playing well, but saying that he's the second best center in the East says more about the talent in the East than anything else.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 11:45:30 AM »
Harris is fine...I know he was an all-star last year, but I don't think he's consistently at that level.
And I know Bogut is playing well, but saying that he's the second best center in the East says more about the talent in the East than anything else.
Which doesn't take away from my point. The East is LeBron's for the taking and if coach K gets him to the Nets, they will have an all-star level (for the East) talented player at 4 of the 5 positions.

All hinges on if he thinks he can get LBJ, but it is pretty tempting for a coach like Coach K to turn down an opportunity of being the coach that took a team that won 8 games to a team in the NBA finals. That would solidify him as the greatest coach of all-time being able to have success at both levels. Plus it's on the East coast so he doesn't have to move too far away.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »
actually, the Nets have decent talent.

The team is 4 and 48 .... think about this one for a second.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 11:45:21 AM »
Crean to Duke ;D

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 01:45:52 PM »
The team is 4 and 48 .... think about this one for a second.

The players have talent, they just aren't playing. I believe the nexts are paying over $10m per win given their roster.

if the wind is right and if you listen closely enough, you can head coach k laughing about this

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback