Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: We are currently in 6th place in the BE  (Read 1835 times)

AlienWarrior

• All American
We are currently in 6th place in the BE
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »
After ND and Louisville losses tonight

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: We are currently in 6th place in the BE
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 08:17:59 PM »
Yup, lets just keep up the climb to the top. 4th place isnt even out of reach. Lets not do what ND and louisville did and lose very winnable games we need to close out. It all starts in less than 48 hours
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »
The next game is the only important one.  Let's win the next one.

sgurgs

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
When I coach or play, I definitely take the "one game at a time" approach, and I can even see how some fans might do that for the sake of their mental health.  

However, I don't see any point in reminding a message board to take it one game at a time -- it's not like our "looking past" an opponent has any effect on the game. In fact, at least for me, the whole fun of being a fan is trying to calculate all the permutations that could lead to an NCAA berth or a Big East double bye.  
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:43:27 PM by sgurgs »

MarquetteNation

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
When I coach or play, I definitely take the "one game at a time" approach, and I can even see how some fans might do that for the sake of their mental health. 

However, I don't see any point in reminding a message board to take it one game at a time -- it's not like our "looking past" an opponent has any effect on the game. In fact, at least for me, the whole fun of being a fan is trying to calculate all the permutations that could lead to an NCAA birth or a Big East double bye. 

well said.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »
Agree, if the players were hanging on these boards I'd be nervous because obviously they need to focus on one gaem at a time.  However, whether or not us fans are looking at scenarios has no impact on how the team will do in teh next game.

Fact is, scoreboard watching is fun, and the bottom line is that there is a very good chance that how the teams on the NCAA bubble and/or the teams near us in the BE standing could be the difference in a bid, so I will keep watching and rooting against all these teams.  Plus, nothing is better on an offnight for MU than watching ND and Lville go down.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

muole

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:39:49 AM »
agreed.  you really cant help yourself when it comes to that stuff if you're a true, intelligent fans.

and to repeat, it only is a bad thing if the players are doing it as it could throw off their focus.