[Today at 06:05:27 PM]

Shaka interview by Skatastrophy
[Today at 05:01:17 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[Today at 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[Today at 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Doc Rivers on "I Remember Milwaukee"  (Read 2799 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Doc Rivers on "I Remember Milwaukee"
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:16:19 PM »
I caught the last 10 minutes of Doc Rivers being interviewed on the MKE PBS station program.  It looked like it was filmed in the summer or fall in a building across WI Avenue from the Jes Res (plus they talked about Red Auerbach in the present tense).  This may have been a repeat showing.  Did anyone else see it?

I really wished I could have seen the whole thing.  They covered several things in the short part I saw.

On playing in the NBA All Star game in Chicago - He said back then in was a competition, not a show like today.  He said they were losing at halftime and Michael Jordan came in the locker room and gave, as Doc called it, a profanity laced speech, saying he was not going to lose in his own building!  He said he later showed part of the film from that game to his current players and they were laughing because they actually played defense in the game.

On Tom Crean - "I think Tom Crean is the best coach in college basketball".  He said as a fact (not like Dick Vitale saying "(flavor of the day) is the best coach/player in college basketball baby").  He really wanted his son to play for Tom at MU.

On his son Jeremiah's recruitment - He said he tried to stay out of it, but was pushing for Marquette. He said TC actually came to him and told him he didn't think his Jeremiah wanted to follow in Doc's footsteps at MU.  Doc said at that point, he completely backed off pushing MU.  Wow, a coach actually taking no for an answer and possibly looking at what's best for a player?  That's a novel recruiting concept.

On his son's future - He said he has told his son that the difference between Doc and Jeremiah is that when Doc was growing up, when he opened the refrigerator, he saw the light at the back because it was empty.  When Jeremiah grew up, he never saw the light because it was always full.  In other words, we will have to wait and see if Jeremiah has the hunger.

Good stuff.

TVDirector

• All American
Re: Doc Rivers on "I Remember Milwaukee"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »
you want a copy?
that's my place of employ.

let me know.

it was a good interview.

ilovefreeway

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:25:31 PM »
"On his son Jeremiah's recruitment - He said he tried to stay out of it, but was pushing for Marquette. He said TC actually came to him and told him he didn't think his Jeremiah wanted to follow in Doc's footsteps at MU.  Doc said at that point, he completely backed off pushing MU.  Wow, a coach actually taking no for an answer and possibly looking at what's best for a player?  That's a novel recruiting concept."

Crean haters...any comment?  I'm sure TC would do an interview but he's too busy running kids off the team and contemplating ways to sabatoge cancer fundraising efforts.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »
What's the old phrase, "Ask and you shall receive".  Wow, talk about service!

I would love to see the whole thing, but I don't know if it is worth your effort (assuming you would have to physically send it to me rather than electronically).  I would settle for you just being able to tell me if it was going to be repeated anytime soon so I could set the old DVR

Thanks for the offer though.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »
suit yerself...

here ya go

I Remember "Glenn "Doc" Rivers, Boston Celtics, NBA Head Coach" 00:26 #1308 (Rpt) WMVS
Glenn "Doc" Rivers, NBA Head Coach of the Boston Celtics, is interviewed by host Jim Peck. R on 2/13 12:30am

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »
Actually, I'd made that broadcast into an mp3 back in November.  You can listen to the whole thing.

Click here:  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=445.0

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:37:29 PM »
I love the internet!