Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No one is talking about it.....Junior didn't play today  (Read 15745 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
No one is talking about it.....Junior didn't play today
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »
I found that interesting.

EDIT:  Ooops, an entire thread on this topic....delete.  LOL

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Re: No one is talking about it.....Junior didn't play today
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »
you are the second idiot to bring it up

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:04:50 PM »

If you had any basketball IQ you would realize that Cadougan is only 2 weeks into being cleared to play..and you find it interesting that Buzz didn't want him to have to defend Dyson and Kemba Walker?  They are probably 2 of the quickest/fastest (if not thee quickest/fastest) guards in NCAA basketball.  Cadougans has many strengths, but quickness wasn't at the top of that list, even before he ruptured the achilles.  To me, it seems so common sense and obvious as to why he didn't play.  Furthermore he didn't look great in his previous 2 games.  It takes a long time to adjust to Big East ball from HS ball, much less to comeback halfway into your freshman season after a ruptured achilles.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:14:58 PM »
Thanks Ners....it's funny how linked your posts are Mr. Hayward, as if you're the same person almost.  LOL

And I believe Junior played in the previous two games, both against the Big East.  Go figure.

But thanks for the basketball IQ put down, I'll try to remember that.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 06:18:07 PM »
anything he can find to knock Buzz after agreat Mu win.  Ners you are right in everything you say...it's simple passive aggression from chicos towards Buzz. in my book Chicos is worse than any Wisconsin fan

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:31 PM »
Thanks Ners....it's funny how linked your posts are Mr. Hayward, as if you're the same person almost.  LOL

And I believe Junior played in the previous two games, both against the Big East.  Go figure.

But thanks for the basketball IQ put down, I'll try to remember that.

So, all Big East teams are equal?????? If a player plays against Rutgers, he should automatically be expected to play every game?
Um, I think that b-ball IQ comment wasn't really a put down, rather a simple observation.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »

I think he is just not ready yet. He did not get that many minutes in the blowout of Rutgers for that matter.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
anything he can find to knock Buzz after agreat Mu win.  Ners you are right in everything you say...it's simple passive aggression from chicos towards Buzz. in my book Chicos is worse than any Wisconsin fan

I agree Hayward - in fact you and I share alot of the same viewpoints as Chico's pointed out above.  I know some on here give you hell - but from everything I've read that you post, it is evident you've too have played a lot of basketball in your life, and have a very good basketball/big picture IQ. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
I agree Hayward - in fact you and I share alot of the same viewpoints as Chico's pointed out above.  I know some on here give you hell - but from everything I've read that you post, it is evident you've too have played a lot of basketball in your life, and have a very good basketball/big picture IQ. 

Either you're the same person, or you're dating each other.....I just hope it's not both!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »
Uni-cest?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
Either you're the same person, or you're dating each other.....I just hope it's not both!

Definitely false to both of your accusations...but I have no problem giving credit where credit is due - and Hayward makes a lot of good points.  Perhaps your on team Chicos and that is fine - he's probably a good dude.  But, the fact he started this thread and found it "interesting" that Cadougan didn't play today..illustrates his lack of understanding the game of basketball.  You don't put a guy coming off a ruptured achilles, who claims to be 80-85%,  in a game to defend the 2 quickest guards in the country - Dyson and Walker. Quickness wasn't Cadougan's greatest asset before this injury, and the injury and lack of recent game conditioning, only make that match-up more difficult for JC.  Why hurt the team, and possibly affect JC's confidence by having him get schooled off the bounce by Dyson and Walker? 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
Umm, if he isn't healthy enough to go against the likes of UCONN, why blow the medical redshift?

I assume they realized MU played in the Big East before they decided to have him play in a game this year.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
Chicos, you are just a put-down magnet today - wassup wid dat!?!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
So, all Big East teams are equal?????? If a player plays against Rutgers, he should automatically be expected to play every game?
Um, I think that b-ball IQ comment wasn't really a put down, rather a simple observation.
No, they're not all the same....and here I thought he played against Syracuse the other day, the #4 team in the country....he did, right?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300240183

You'll note that not once did I say he should play, I just found it interesting that he didn't play considering how he did against Syracuse and Rutgers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
Chicos, you are just a put-down magnet today - wassup wid dat!?!

I am?  Actually thrilled that MU won, called it a few days ago.  I've posted a few things about our new recruit, all basically links about the kid, have made not judgments on him.  Oh, and I said Buzz should grow his hair out.

in_lazar_we_trust

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 08:44:27 PM »
Rarely do I post. Mostly because I like to come on here and find comments that either confirm my views/emotions of Marquette basketball or challenge my views forcing me to approach these topics from a different light.

What has gotten increasingly annoying is clicking on threads that appear to have a solid discussion brewing only to find out that it has turned into a pissing match between posters. With nothing relevant or thoughtful added to the thread, it has become increasingly frustrating browsing through the site.

I know most people will refer me to the ignore button or reference that this is an inherent problem on message boards. Just thought I would add my 2 cents.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Rarely do I post. Mostly because I like to come on here and find comments that either confirm my views/emotions of Marquette basketball or challenge my views forcing me to approach these topics from a different light.

What has gotten increasingly annoying is clicking on threads that appear to have a solid discussion brewing only to find out that it has turned into a pissing match between posters. With nothing relevant or thoughtful added to the thread, it has become increasingly frustrating browsing through the site.

I know most people will refer me to the ignore button or reference that this is an inherent problem on message boards. Just thought I would add my 2 cents.

+1

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »

See that button there   [IGNORE]
<------------------

Click it. It'll save you a lot of time! ;)
SS Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »
 But, the fact he started this thread and found it "interesting" that Cadougan didn't play today..illustrates his lack of understanding the game of basketball.  You don't put a guy coming off a ruptured achilles, who claims to be 80-85%,  in a game to defend the 2 quickest guards in the country - Dyson and Walker.

Did you forget Cadougan played against #4 Syracuse?  Or are their guards are "slow enough" for Junior at 80%?  

Good thing we have you to keep track of who has understanding, who does not.   ::)

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »
Definitely false to both of your accusations...but I have no problem giving credit where credit is due - and Hayward makes a lot of good points.  Perhaps your on team Chicos and that is fine - he's probably a good dude.  But, the fact he started this thread and found it "interesting" that Cadougan didn't play today..illustrates his lack of understanding the game of basketball.  You don't put a guy coming off a ruptured achilles, who claims to be 80-85%,  in a game to defend the 2 quickest guards in the country - Dyson and Walker. Quickness wasn't Cadougan's greatest asset before this injury, and the injury and lack of recent game conditioning, only make that match-up more difficult for JC.  Why hurt the team, and possibly affect JC's confidence by having him get schooled off the bounce by Dyson and Walker? 

I'm not on any team.  Chico's has to learn how to vote before that will ever occur  ;)

I have no clue why you find it so wrong to question why Junior didn't play.  I haven't heard any comments from Buzz on it, but I'm guessing defense.  The question is, should they have allowed him off of the redshirt if he wasn't going to be able to help us in a game like this.  I'm glad he's playing because I think it will give us a little more balance in our recruiting classes...number wise.  I do wish he could help us in a game like today's, but hopefully he's not too far off from doing so.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »
Did you forget Cadougan played against #4 Syracuse?  Or are their guards are "slow enough" for Junior at 80%?  

Good thing we have you to keep track of who has understanding, who does not.   ::)

Okay - Now I'm starting to get annoyed with some of you who can't grasp this.  Cadougans Mom lives about 2 hours from Syracuse - it was her first time to see her son play in 4 years.  Triche and Jardine are more physical guards, not the fleet footed variety of Dyson and Walker.  Rutgers was a blowout.  Lastly, the decision to play this year was made by Junior and his Mom.  The fact some of you think this kid is "property" of MU and that MU shouldn't "waste" his redshirt - is quite a selfish viewpoint.  The kid wanted to play.  Jimmy Butler was quoted as saying the team is grateful to him for making the effort to return and provide some depthh..in a season where we have none..and are the epitome of a bubble team.  Furthermore, when you start to realize Buzz is probably the best recruiter MU has had since Al McGuire, you don't have to "hoarde" a good player for as long as you can, because you will continue to bring in top talent.  See Reggie Smith, and now Newbill.  Clearly Buzz can recruit top flight guards.

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
winning at UConn with Junior and Lazar on the bench, WOW
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 11:41:19 PM »
i just about gave up on the season when Junior went down.  I really felt bad for Lazar that he was going to go through his final season as a one man team with just some help from Jimmy while Junior healed for next year.

While I've disagreed with Chicos on some things in the past, I can't rip on him just for asking the question.  But I do think it was clear he was a step slow in the Syracuse game, and that probably meant he wasn't ready for Walker and Dyson.

However, the fact that MU has proved they can pull out a clutch game, on the road against a ranked team, with Lazar (fouled out) and Junior (not being used) is a true thrill.  This season has been so much fun because I didn't expect anything.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: winning at UConn with Junior and Lazar on the bench, WOW
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 12:09:31 AM »
While I've disagreed with Chicos on some things in the past, I can't rip on him just for asking the question. 
Fair point - Chicos has simply baffled me previously with some of his passive agressive comments toward Buzz, and I'm a Buzz-sexual.  Guilty of a full on man-crush for Buzz and what he has done with this program, this team, his recruiting, etc.  It is interesting that the topic thread changed to "Winning at UCONN with Junior and Lazar on the bench, WOW"  When Chico's started the topic by posting something to the effect of  "No Junior Today - I find that interesting."  And as you can see, this incited some comments about the "decision" of the coaching staff to let him play this year, and burn his potential red-shirt...that is the passive agressive nature I'm speaking of, and calling out - not necessarily ripping the guy.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 01:56:34 AM »
No, they're not all the same....and here I thought he played against Syracuse the other day, the #4 team in the country....he did, right?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300240183

You'll note that not once did I say he should play, I just found it interesting that he didn't play considering how he did against Syracuse and Rutgers.

were you the entirely boring person in english who would raise his hand and say "i thought it was interesting how the author...."

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 02:10:33 AM »
jeez. we just had a 2 pt win. how bout talkin about that?