[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon Choosing Between Kansas State and NC State Tonight  (Read 4903 times)

mujaxson

• Walk-On
Maymon Choosing Between Kansas State and NC State Tonight
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
Per TheShiver.com, Maymon will decide tonight where he will go: KSU or NC State.

http://twitter.com/KUTheShiver

texaswarrior74

• All American
Re: Maymon Choosing Between Kansas State and NC State Tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
NC State has a monster class coming in next year.....they won't be running their offense through Maymon with these people heading to Raleigh.

*****G      8            Ryan Harrow(Walton HS)Marietta, GA                              5-11/155       

*****SG    PG       Lorenzo Brown(Hargrave Military Academy)Chatham, VA       6-4/175

**** PF    13       Luke Cothron(Flora MacDonald Academy)Red Springs, NC       6-8/205    

That's two 5 stars and one 4 star and they are still in it for CJ Leslie another 5 star PF  @ 6-8/185

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
I'm sticking with my KState prediction.  Besides, it will be great wathing the annual KU-KSU games with a bit more interest....former MU Tyshawn Taylor vs former MU Jeronne Maymon. 

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

He's going to love Manhattan

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
all the controversy asside MU has not signed a top 75 PF or C since Merritt and he would have been a really really nice player in a couple of years for MU.  Life goes on and stuff happens but boy he would have been a nice player for us.  Eric Willimas your table is ready.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »
all the controversy asside MU has not signed a top 75 PF or C since Merritt and he would have been a really really nice player in a couple of years for MU.  Life goes on and stuff happens but boy he would have been a nice player for us.  Eric Willimas your table is ready.

The whole "stuff happens" thing you refer to seems to suggest he wouldn't have been a good player at MU in a couple years.  We'll see how he does at his next destination, but I have to believe his leaving MU was his only true chance of reaching his potential.  If this situation doesn't teach him to listen a little more to his coach and a little less to his dad, and just the distance that will be between the two should make a difference, then he'll never be a nice player for anyone.  I don't think it was possible for him to have the opportunity to learn that lesson without going through what transpired at MU.  If he would have stayed his dad would have been a problem no matter how well he played or how he was used.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
That is if daddy doesn't come with him.  I hope for the young man's sake, he doesn't.  He needs to get far away from him.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:04:22 PM »
Good luck to Jeronne at wherever he ends up.  Can we now stop talking about him?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 07:17:50 PM »
Pretty sure Mbakwe was a top 75 PF.

Maymon who?

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »
Good luck to Jeronne. It seems like the best thing for him was to get out of reasonable driving distance from his father.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »

I agree. Maymon is a good player and will suceed somewhere. I do not think Eric Williams is the same caliber. It was pretty clear early on when Maymon was getting plenty of minutes and EW barely got off the pine that Buzz felt Jeronne could help.. Tough one for MU as we have had a problem attracting big bodies..

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »
I wish the kid nothing but success but his is a big body we don't need.  We need a big body that wants to bang inside and do the dirty work like rebound and defend, not a big body that thinks it is a shooting guard/small forward. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »
I wish the kid nothing but success but his is a big body we don't need.  We need a big body that wants to bang inside and do the dirty work like rebound and defend, not a big body that thinks it is a shooting guard/small forward. 

How do you know what he thinks he is? To say we don't need him is a joke. Not condoning what he did, but his size is sorely neeeded.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »

Not condoning what he did, but his size is sorely neeeded.

Why? If he isn't willing to use it appropriately, what good does it do us?

muball

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
I wont give up on Eric as he has atheletic skills, Jmay had a better body for the Beast as a freshman. given some training Eric could turnout to be a fine addition. Be patient with a frosh who has to build up his body and defense.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 08:29:07 PM »
1) It's Erik.

2) J-May could have had a nice career with us.  I hope he does well (but wish his dad would chill, which would help the young man).
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
Not saying what his potential is, remember he wasn't a 6'9 beast.  He was 6'6", little wider than most, with no hops.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »
Good luck to the kid. It's not his fault that his dad is the way he is. Shoot, to a much lesser degree my mother's meddling affected my college life. I guess it's just a super extreme (and way more public) version of what most college kids go through in some form or another. Too bad for Jeronne it had to be the farthest extreme of crazy and dysfunctional possible.

I hope Jeronne realizes that his dad probably has the dad's interests more in mind than Jeronne's. Jeronne will probably look back in a few years and realize Buzz was one of the few people that was honest with him.
We Are Marquette

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:09 PM »

How do you know what he thinks he is? To say we don't need him is a joke. Not condoning what he did, but his size is sorely neeeded.

I think it has been documented/speculated ad nauseum that he (Timmay) felt JMay was being used incorrectly.  They wanted JMay to be a 2/3 (with the offense running through him no less) so they pulled him and are taking him elsewhere. 

We don't need a 6'6" 250lb shooting guard/small forward that may or may not be able to shoot and with limited lateral quickness.  We have talent at those positions and will have more next year with Blue, Jones and returnees.

We needed that kind of body (at least this year) to bang inside with the men. 

Team Maymon apparently didn't want that so they left. 

Good luck to them...we don't need them.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 06:38:28 AM »
Good luck, but more importantly, good bye.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:07:25 AM »
Pretty sure Mbakwe was a top 75 PF.

Mbakwe was #91. 

Of course, the premise is a bit flawed, since Merritt wasn't a Top 75 recruit either and MU did sign a Top 75 PF just two years later when Novak came on board.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:14 AM »
Mbakwe was #91. 

Of course, the premise is a bit flawed, since Merritt wasn't a Top 75 recruit either and MU did sign a Top 75 PF just two years later when Novak came on board.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »
I think it has been documented/speculated ad nauseum that he (Timmay) felt JMay was being used incorrectly.  They wanted JMay to be a 2/3 (with the offense running through him no less) so they pulled him and are taking him elsewhere. 

We don't need a 6'6" 250lb shooting guard/small forward that may or may not be able to shoot and with limited lateral quickness.  We have talent at those positions and will have more next year with Blue, Jones and returnees.

The original poster said JMay wouldn't use it. Then someone responded that we don't know that. Now you're saying Timmay said it. You are arguing different things, unless you feel Timmay=JMay, which could very well be true. But I think he would of ended up listening to Buzz and would be willing to use his size.