'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Mock Drafts by wadesworld
[June 21, 2024, 10:18:49 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 21, 2024, 09:43:59 PM]

Oso Article by Jay Bee
[June 21, 2024, 09:09:48 PM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by lawdog77
[June 21, 2024, 05:12:30 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[June 21, 2024, 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[June 21, 2024, 10:50:55 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamine Peterson  (Read 3839 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
Jamine Peterson
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
Im from Providence, and saw the Rutgers game the other night. Kid had 24 and 11 in the first half against Rutgers much taller center. Many of these rebounds were simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time. He is undersized like Lazar, but doesnt have the same range and does not have the same interior presence. Marshon Brooks, Sharraud Curry, Brian Mckenzie and Bilal Dixon round out their starting 5. What do people think about how Jamine aka Greedy will perform against this Marquette team following his 29 pt. 20 rebound performance against Rutgers?

GOO

• All American
Re: Jamine Peterson
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:26:06 PM »
Freeway?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
Saw him versus URI.  Kid is for real.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:11:59 PM »
What's freeway mean? I go to Marquette lived in Providence my whole life and chose Marquette over PC and still go to games there I was just curious what Marquette people thought of him because a PC player has not put up those numbers in Big East play in a long time

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »
What's freeway mean? I go to Marquette lived in Providence my whole life and chose Marquette over PC and still go to games there I was just curious what Marquette people thought of him because a PC player has not put up those numbers in Big East play in a long time

It's a MU code word.  And you, good sir, have just been outed as a fraud.  We know who you are. ;)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:18:41 PM by SoCalwarrior »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 10:17:16 PM »

It's a long story. Don't take it personally.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »
You don't know Freeway?
you a freshman?

I think he will end up somewhere around his 1st half total i.e. 20 & 10.  Solid, but not insane numbers like 30 & 20 would be.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 10:21:53 PM »
I was at that game last year when Xavier's brother came on the court it was pretty funny and yes I'm a freshman my dad is a season ticket holder for PC and calls me a traitor now, but the first game at the Bradley Center opened my eyes to what real Big East Basketball is

GOO

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 10:24:41 PM »
Nothing personal is right. The way you stated facts and then had the question, with your wording, reminded me of a guy called freeway. By the way, i haven't seen freeway around at all. Is he still around and alive?

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 10:37:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxY1703-W4w

Glocced and Loaded

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 10:51:15 PM »
By the way, i haven't seen freeway around at all. Is he still around and alive?

I saw him at McGillicuddy's a couple weeks ago after Scottie Reynolds tore out my heart and showed it to me.  He came in about a half hour after the Bucks pulled out a close one with the Thunder. 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »
Nothing personal is right. The way you stated facts and then had the question, with your wording, reminded me of a guy called freeway. By the way, i haven't seen freeway around at all. Is he still around and alive?

Still around.  He's been moved to the upper deck where he sort of wanders aimlessly during most games.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
Im from Providence, and saw the Rutgers game the other night. Kid had 24 and 11 in the first half against Rutgers much taller center. Many of these rebounds were simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time. He is undersized like Lazar, but doesnt have the same range and does not have the same interior presence. Marshon Brooks, Sharraud Curry, Brian Mckenzie and Bilal Dixon round out their starting 5. What do people think about how Jamine aka Greedy will perform against this Marquette team following his 29 pt. 20 rebound performance against Rutgers?

I'll bite on this since everyone else has decided to hijack you for the stream of consciousness style of typing.  In short, the game against Rutgers is nice, but Marquette isn't Rutgers.

Greedy's a good player, but for my money he's a bit of a ball hog(shocking given his nickname is Greedy).  He shoots the ball way more than anyone else on the team, despite not being a particular good shooter, especially from the perimeter.  Further, for a guy without much range who is going to get fouled playing inside, he's not a good free throw shooter.

I suspect, rebounding wise, he can put up some pretty big numbers against MU.  But his offense just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.  He can be black hole when he gets the ball, putting up shots that he has no business shooting and disrupting what flow there is to the offense.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 12:41:52 AM »

just saw him tonight at the women's game vs. UConn. He came down and talked with/at me for a while and kept going on and on about Terri Mitchell and "what does Terri Mitchell want BAD?!"

it's been a while since I had seen him though...looks like he cleaned up. was wearing a nice leather coat and a decent scarf with nice shoes and pants to go with it...almost wanted to ask him what happened to the tattered jeans and Packers ProPlayer coat!?!?!

Also, the biggest thing I noticed was NO ALDI BAG!

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93ptW2CrYw&feature=related

feedback