* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Oso Article by Jay Bee
[Today at 09:09:48 PM]

узнать больше by tower912
[Today at 09:08:41 PM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[Today at 09:02:22 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 07:45:52 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by brewcity77
[Today at 07:43:01 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by lawdog77
[Today at 05:12:30 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 11:09:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon hits Manhattan  (Read 9137 times)

larrym

• Starter
Maymon hits Manhattan
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
Jeronne is taking a visit to Kansas State today.  A trip to Reno (Nevada) may follow.
http://host.madison.com/sports/columnists/dennis_semrau/article_4b6aa1a2-fe45-11de-8c31-001cc4c03286.html

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Maymon hits Manhattan
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
Start spreading the news. All pancake houses, Subway, Einsteins, Mickey D's and other fine dining establishments should be posting signs that read, "no shoes, no shirts, no whiners, no service."

Any truth to the rumor that he's visiting Des Plaines and Hamburger U. next?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
Manhattan may hit back:

What a non-story. Anyone who criticizes Martin for this needs to get a grip and stop looking for things to be outraged about.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
Start spreading the news. All pancake houses, Subway, Einsteins, Mickey D's and other fine dining establishments should be posting signs that read, "no shoes, no shirts, no whiners, no service."

Any truth to the rumor that he's visiting Des Plaines Oak Brook and Hamburger U. next?

Fixed.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:46 AM »
What a non-story. Anyone who criticizes Martin for this needs to get a grip and stop looking for things to be outraged about.

I agree.  It's not like he punched the kid in the face.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »
These quotes say it all.

"We're heading out to Kansas State," said Tim Maymon

"We won't know anything until we get back."

"We've been to Tennessee and they're still involved," Tim Maymon said. "But we dropped a visit to Baylor because they don't have a scholarship. They wanted us to come in next summer but we're not doing that."

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »
One of the previous articles said Tim alone had meetings with various schools officals.

It's sad that his father is making the decesions for him,but if Jerrone doesn't start to say no to his dad this will begin to fall on him.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:37:57 AM »

MarqBB77-03

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:40:52 AM »
It sounds like the Maymons are learning about the reality of a midseason transfer.  It may not be as easy as they thought.
"When I'm losing, they call me nuts. When I'm winning, they call me eccentric."  Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:20 AM »
Tim doesn't learn though, does he?

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »
Hopefully Martin will slap some sense into Papa Maymon's head. I think the UT stuff is pure bunk. Bruce has four studs coming in next year and I have to believe none of them carry the baggage of a windbag father. 

bma725

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 10:58:50 AM »
Hopefully Martin will slap some sense into Papa Maymon's head. I think the UT stuff is pure bunk. Bruce has four studs coming in next year and I have to believe none of them carry the baggage of a windbag father.  

Then you've not read enough about Tobias Harris's father. 

DaleGribble

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 10:59:51 AM »
These quotes say it all.

"We're heading out to Kansas State," said Tim Maymon

"We won't know anything until we get back."

"We've been to Tennessee and they're still involved," Tim Maymon said. "But we dropped a visit to Baylor because they don't have a scholarship. They wanted us to come in next summer but we're not doing that."

Man, I'm glad you pointed this out.  I am so sick of Tim Maymon living his kids life.  I said it before and I'll say it again.  The kid will never play 4 (3) years of D1 basketball...his dad is way too much baggage for anyone to handle.

DaleGribble

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
It sounds like the Maymons are learning about the reality of a midseason transfer.  It may not be as easy as they thought.

Jeronnes best bet would be to jump into a a juco...right now..pretty sure he would be eligible to play next year.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »

They might be carrying something else though...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
Jeronnes best bet would be to jump into a a juco...right now..pretty sure he would be eligible to play next year.

I agree, however, that doesn't sound like the path to the NBA they want to take.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »
I can't wait to see the Frank Martin vs. Tim Maymon fight on PPV next winter.

Timmay does resemble Mike Tyson a little bit, sans the ink.  Frankie the Fist better cover his ears.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 11:07:58 AM »
It sounds like the Maymons are learning about the reality of a midseason transfer. 

It sounds more like they are learning the realities of what being an overbearing douche bag does to the list of schools that are interested in you.

Apparently Baylor just became aware that they didn't have any scholarships in the past few days.  ::)

Sounds like they are looking for an offer...any offer. Not sure if Tim figured other coaches wouldn't be able to find Buzz Williams' phone number or what.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 11:11:27 AM »
Sounds like they are looking for an offer...any offer. Not sure if Tim figured other coaches wouldn't be able to find Buzz Williams' phone number or what.

so spot on.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
So to get Maymon in, do you have to spend 2 scholarships... sounds like Tim Maymon is ready to play by his comments.

Good riddence, take notice other NCAA teams, Marquette looks like a much more competitive team without the 2 time Mr. Basketball of Wisconsin.  Hurts to say that he won that award twice.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

bma725

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
So to get Maymon in, do you have to spend 2 scholarships... sounds like Tim Maymon is ready to play by his comments.

Good riddence, take notice other NCAA teams, Marquette looks like a much more competitive team without the 2 time Mr. Basketball of Wisconsin.  Hurts to say that he won that award twice.

2-Time AP Player of the Year, not Mr. Basketball.  That award is only for seniors.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:46 AM »

No it doesn't.  The kid was a hell of a HS player and still could be a good college player.  He has a Dad who appears to be very short sighted.  The key word there is "Dad".  How many of us at age 18, 19 would have been able to call our Dad crazy and just walk away?  It's his father.    

All this Maymon talk really bothers me.  I'm amazed at how many people think it should be easy for a kid to just tune out their own parent.  
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »
What happened to UCLA? Big Tim was saying Howland was calling incessantly.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »
What happened to Central Florida?  That was a Final Four lock.