Oso Article by MU82
[Today at 03:19:55 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[Today at 10:50:55 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 09:54:58 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 20, 2024, 09:51:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn blows a 19 point lead...  (Read 5298 times)

The Lens

• All American
UConn blows a 19 point lead...
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:32:49 AM »
UConn blows a 19 point lead to a team even MARQUETTE could beat.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Murffieus

• All American
Re: UConn blows a 19 point lead...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »
UCONN is great in the transition game----got up by 18 in the early second half and Calhoun goes into a laidback zone and Freeman & Co start draining 3s and hitting shots and there are fewer rebounds to break off of-----BB 101 states than when ahead keep doing what you're doing until the other team figures you out-----but that wasn't the case when he switched to a zone------Calhoun can't stand prosperity.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »
He is a terrific recruiter and mediocre to good game coach.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »
UConn blows a 19 point lead to a team even MARQUETTE could beat.

I believe the game was at Georgetown.  Let's see how UCONN does against G'Town at UCONN.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
I believe the game was at Georgetown.  Let's see how UCONN does against G'Town at UCONN.

You never miss an opportunity to minimize Marquette's accomplishments or point out their shortcomings. This was also evident last year. Have you always been this negative or just since your boy left? Are you equally critical of your "other alma maters" when you visit their boards or do you reserve that attitude for MU only? For example, did you go on the Indiana boards and call them a bunch of chokers after they were outscored 18-3 in the final 8 minutes last night or when they missed at least 4 free throws in a row and gave up a 4 point play in the final 2 minutes against that cupcake a few weeks back? (both at home) If so, could you provide the links? Just sayin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:22:53 PM by Lennys Tap »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »
You never miss an opportunity to minimize Marquette's accomplishments or point out their shortcomings. This was also evident last year. Have you always been this negative or just since your boy left? Are you equally critical of your "other alma maters" when you visit their boards or do you reserve that attitude for MU only?

I'll fix it for you...."I never miss a chance to state a fact."  Tell me what wasn't factual.  The starter of this post made a comment that was devoid of a critical piece of information, but of course you take it as a swipe at MU, which it clearly wasn't.  MU wasn't mentioned at all.

But that's right, you're a mind reader and a psychiatrist all at the same time. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 06:51:36 PM »
I'll fix it for you...."I never miss a chance to state a fact."  Tell me what wasn't factual.  The starter of this post made a comment that was devoid of a critical piece of information, but of course you take it as a swipe at MU, which it clearly wasn't.  MU wasn't mentioned at all.

MU wasn't mentioned? Perhaps you should reread the post you responded to: "UCONN blows a 19 point lead to a team even Marquette could beat". Thanks for the compliment about reading minds, but in this case it's simple stuff. Still waiting on those links in which you "never miss a chance to state a fact" on the IU boards.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:31 PM »
I hate to say it, but I agree with Chicos here.  It seems like people are just upset that he pointed out a valid piece of information that made UCONN seem better - this is not a swipe at MU.

The fact is, UCONN is going to play Georgetown better in Connecticut. They blew a lead at Georgetown, but the fact that they raced out to that huge lead says they are an above average team - probably better than MU on paper.  Odds are, we won't win at UCONN - not to say we CAN'T, but the more likely outcome is we lose.  Does saying this mean I hate MU or Buzz - no.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
MU wasn't mentioned? Perhaps you should reread the post you responded to: "UCONN blows a 19 point lead to a team even Marquette could beat". Thanks for the compliment about reading minds, but in this case it's simple stuff. Still waiting on those links in which you "never miss a chance to state a fact" on the IU boards.

I didn't mention them when I said the game was at Georgetown.

Seriously, I've never seen anyone so damn pissy about everything.  I'm sorry to break it to you, but your conspiracy that everything I say is a hit against MU is a joke.

I'm VERY PLEASED with how Buzz is running the show right now.  I don't know how many #$^*#$ times I have to say it.  The fact, however, remains that UCONN lost at Georgetown and they will likely beat them in Storrs.

I don't post often on the IU boards, but it sure sounds like you do...or at least you read them.  We know UncleJohn and Hayward do.  Are you over on the SLU and USC boards, too?  Or is it just one coach that you are all consumed with?  Good grief get some help.

But if you want some commentary on IU....talk about a gag job.  Yesterday they gagged big time against Illinois.   BIG TIME.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:14:30 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:44:31 PM »
I didn't mention them when I said the game was at Georgetown.

Seriously, I've never seen anyone so damn pissy about everything.  I'm sorry to break it to you Anthony, but your conspiracy that everything I say is a hit against MU is a joke.

I'm VERY PLEASED with how Buzz is running the show right now.  I don't know how many #$^*#$ times I have to say it.  The fact, however, remains that UCONN lost at Georgetown and they will likely beat them in Storrs.

I don't post often on the IU boards, but it sure sounds like you do...or at least you read them.  We know UncleJohn and Hayward do.  Are you over on the SLU and USC boards, too?  Or is it just one coach that you are all consumed with?  Good grief get some help.

But if you want some commentary on IU....talk about a gag job.  Yesterday they gagged big time against Illinois.   BIG TIME.

I only post on MU boards and only read others when they're linked here. If I'm being too harsh on on you I apologize, but it seems to me there is a decided negative tone to most of your posts. Given the injuries to Cadougan and OTule and the defection of Maymon, it's remarkable to me that this team is as competitive as it is. I think they deserve more than a "Buzz is doing a good job so far" followed by post after post accentuating any negative aspect of the program.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »
He is a terrific recruiter and mediocre to good game coach.
Not good, only mediocre.  No coach has squandered more talent than Calhoun.  The NBA team that lost to George Mason is one of many examples.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
I only post on MU boards and only read others when they're linked here. If I'm being too harsh on on you I apologize, but it seems to me there is a decided negative tone to most of your posts. Given the injuries to Cadougan and OTule and the defection of Maymon, it's remarkable to me that this team is as competitive as it is. I think they deserve more than a "Buzz is doing a good job so far" followed by post after post accentuating any negative aspect of the program.

What would you like me to do.....hang a poster of him in my room?  I have praised when appropriate, critiqued when appropriate. 

You do believe that he can be critiqued....right?  I'm not sure you do by your comments the last 6 months, but I have to assume that you do.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 09:20:09 PM »
Not good, only mediocre.  No coach has squandered more talent than Calhoun.  The NBA team that lost to George Mason is one of many examples.

If Buzz is half as good as Calhoun has been in his near 30 years I'd be ecstatic for our program.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:01:15 PM »

Boys, Boys, behave or I'll have to send both of you to Mr. Hayward's office.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

TJ

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »
When you come to the site, do you search for "chicosbailbonds" and click reply on all the results, or do you go through the threads individually looking for his posts?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
When you come to the site, do you search for "chicosbailbonds" and click reply on all the results, or do you go through the threads individually looking for his posts?

No, TJ, I come on this site and read everyone's posts, including yours. Chicos has literally thousands more posts than anyone else on this board so the idea that anyone else has the time or ego required to post replies to all of them is ridiculous. Chicos is fond of claiming to be factual and fair, so when his facts are wrong I point it out. Likewise when he "spins" his facts in ways I don't think are fair.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
No, TJ, I come on this site and read everyone's posts, including yours. Chicos has literally thousands more posts than anyone else on this board so the idea that anyone else has the time or ego required to post replies to all of them is ridiculous. Chicos is fond of claiming to be factual and fair, so when his facts are wrong I point it out. Likewise when he "spins" his facts in ways I don't think are fair.
In this thread you call him out for "minimize Marquette's accomplishments" because someone else typed "a team even MU could beat."  I thought that was a bit of a stretch.

However, mine was a rude post, so I'm sorry.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »

Wait a sec... you can click "Reply on All"?!?  Don't tell that to Mr. Hayward.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
In this thread you call him out for "minimize Marquette's accomplishments" because someone else typed "a team even MU could beat."  I thought that was a bit of a stretch.

However, mine was a rude post, so I'm sorry.

I confess to citing a rather weak example to illustrate my point. No apology necessary.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »
I confess to citing a rather weak example to illustrate my point. No apology necessary.

Civility on Scoop? That just shatters my whole universe.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »

I'm trying to beat Dodds....has he hit 25,000 posts over there yet?  He has to be close.

I'm fond of trying to be fair and factual, but I am human and make mistakes.  The problem comes where you decipher spin and reading of intent when no intent is there.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 08:12:24 AM »
The problem comes where you decipher spin and reading of intent when no intent is there.

My wife does that to me all the time!