Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wow....can't even get a shot off  (Read 6687 times)

MUBasketball

• All American
Re: Wow....can't even get a shot off
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 04:12:27 PM »
Providence at home

At DePaul

Yes, MU should win those games EASILY

I just don't think we're in a position to expect MU to win easily over anybody. That's just me, though.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
We should've held for the last shot, no if's and's or but's.  With our end of game struggles and a chance to win on the last shot, you take it.
No Finish Line

bma725

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »
I just don't think we're in a position to expect MU to win easily over anybody. That's just me, though.

Have you seen DePaul play this year?  There are high school teams that should expect to win easily over them.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »
We should've held for the last shot, no if's and's or but's.  With our end of game struggles and a chance to win on the last shot, you take it.

being down by 2 you still have to make sure it goes in. Ideally, we get a shot off with 5 to 7 seconds left so if it doesn't go, we still have a chance for a put back to potentially tie forcing Nova to go the length of the court for a last second winner.  If you hold and throw up a shot at the buzzer, if it rims out you have no chance to tie it.  I'm guessing Buzz had the right idea but it wasn't executed.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 04:59:10 PM »
Have you seen DePaul play this year?  There are high school teams that should expect to win easily over them.

True, my argument is more directed towards Providence. You play a team that plays the Tom David/Bruce Pearl style, anything can happen.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 06:31:29 PM »
The play was supposed to go to Lazar as option 1 but he was doubled down.  Option 2 was to reverse it out with Lazar coming up to pick with the pass supposed to go down to Jimmy in the blocks--JB was then supposed to reverse it to the trey line.  If you look at the replay, DJO is sitting right there wide open but JB turned it over.  Nova made a nice play with the steal.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
True, my argument is more directed towards Providence. You play a team that plays the Tom David/Bruce Pearl style, anything can happen.

He doesn't really have his horses yet to play that style. They do it in fits and bits. PC is no better then they've been last few years and Marquette has been able to handle them just fine for the most part. Plus, the game is in the Bradley and given what we've seen the last two weeks there is no reason to be losing to teams that are on our level, or below, at home.

As for DePaul, just utterly unnatural carnal knowledgeing horrible basketball team.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
The play was supposed to go to Lazar as option 1 but he was doubled down.  Option 2 was to reverse it out with Lazar coming up to pick with the pass supposed to go down to Jimmy in the blocks--JB was then supposed to reverse it to the trey line.  If you look at the replay, DJO is sitting right there wide open but JB turned it over.  Nova made a nice play with the steal.

They made a great play, but Acker didn't do JB any favors with an entry pass that never should have happened.  He already had two defenders in his space, making the double team pretty simple.  I don't think Jimmy really had a chance to make a play given his position when he caught the ball. Would have liked them to take their last timeout when Jimmy was in trouble and reset the play.

feedback