'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Villanova is a good team  (Read 2671 times)

tower912

• All American
Villanova is a good team
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
They obviously (A) made better adjustments than we did, (B) have more options to go to (C) never lose in this building, (D) are doing the same thing to us this year as last year, (E) all of the above.    I'm going with all of the above.    Fulce making 3 straight shots and EWill working hard but fruitlessly on defense are the highlights.    BEast road games can go like this.    I hope  nobody gets hurt.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Villanova is a good team
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
+1

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
Villanova is a VERY GOOD Team which goes to show why the thread the other day claiming we are a VERY good team is incorrect.

We are a good team, Nova is a Very Good team.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »
Stokes, Reynolds, Fisher, Cheek and Wayns were all top 25 recruits and I believe three of them were McDonalds AA.  Add Redding and Pena for height/boards and you have a team. 

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »
No disrespect to the Badgers, but Nova is the best team we've faced. Quick, smart, well-coached.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
No disrespect to the Badgers, but Nova is the best team we've faced. Quick, smart, well-coached.

I'll stick with Wisconsin.  They beat Purdue today, already beat us, beat Duke, played at Michigan State very tough.

Nova has one win against top 25 teams....they're really good, but I think Wisconsin is better.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 08:40:21 PM »
I'll stick with Wisconsin.  They beat Purdue today, already beat us, beat Duke, played at Michigan State very tough.

Nova has one win against top 25 teams....they're really good, but I think Wisconsin is better.

Agreed.  Purdue manhandled a WV team we consider top tier in the Big east. What was really surprising about Wisconsin's win today is that they got only 6 points out of their forwards, Leuer and Nankivil.  They won an ugly shooting contest and distanced themselves at the end of the game with,  you guessed it, free throws. 

As much as I hate to admit it (or watch it) the Badgers are playing some very good basketball.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »
As much as I hate to admit it (or watch it) the Badgers are playing some very good basketball.
But Wisconsin and Indiana NEVER play good basketball

Who stripped the ball at the end of today's game?...of course Scottie Reynolds. I hate what he does to MU, but that guy is one of my favorite players

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 02:42:10 AM »
lol chicos you're funny....VILLANOVA would BEAT Wisconsin without a doubt... Wisconsin beat an OVERRATED duke team and a good Purdue team at home.. big deal. A more athletic and talented Nova team (also better coached) would beat the badgers. end of story.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »
lol chicos you're funny....VILLANOVA would BEAT Wisconsin without a doubt... Wisconsin beat an OVERRATED duke team and a good Purdue team at home.. big deal. A more athletic and talented Nova team (also better coached) would beat the badgers. end of story.

Better coached?  Honestly I'm not sure if there is a coach that gets more out of his players than Bo.  Jay Wright is a very good coach, but I cannot say that he is better in-game than Bo is.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 08:34:32 AM »
have to agree on the coach, Sultan. Bo is Dracula and hias teams get every call because of his constant whining, but he is a hell of a coach. I just think Nova is way too quick for Wisco, and the one thing UW can't do well is defend threes against quick teams.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
Actually, Nova has a total of 5 McDonald's All Americans on their squad.  Compare that to MU's mishmash of 4 junior college transfers, 2 undersized and limited in talent guards (Acker/Cubillan), and 1 top 100 recruit in Lazar (I'm leaving EWill out of this simply because he doesn't play enough yet).  On paper, we really don't have any business competing with Villanova, yet in 2 contests they've only won by a total of 5 pts combined. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »
have to agree on the coach, Sultan. Bo is Dracula and hias teams get every call because of his constant whining, but he is a hell of a coach. I just think Nova is way too quick for Wisco, and the one thing UW can't do well is defend threes against quick teams.

Agreed.  I think Nova would win, but not because Wright would outcoach Bo.

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »
Right now I like Nova over UW unless the game is played in Madison.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 11:52:49 AM »
Nova's quickness and depth would be too much for UW (even in Madison).

feedback