Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tomorrow's X Factor / Key to Victory.....  (Read 1823 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Tomorrow's X Factor / Key to Victory.....
« on: January 08, 2010, 04:51:49 PM »
DJO....he played not to his capabilities in last weeks Villanova loss...tomorrow if he has his "A" game we'll win.

You never want to play a great player after he has had a sub-par game against you the prior game.....tomorrow will be the DJO great player coming out party. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Tomorrow's X Factor / Key to Victory.....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:02:56 PM »
DJO did a great job taking guys off the dribble as well as putting them in the air with his shot fakes the past couple games.  The problem is that he holds onto the ball and doesn't shoot it after he makes a great move.  Once he learns to do something with the ball to take advantage of the other team's missteps he'll be able to make the other team pay for guarding him so aggressively around the perimeter.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
The "X" factor tomorrow is how many treys will we attempt and how many will drop-----last time we needed 62.5% trey shooting to make it a game-----I think this time we will need at least 45%-50% to give us a chance to win.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:39:10 PM »
I said earlier this week that I thought we could win at Villanova...called myself crazy and everyone agreed...glad to see there is hope elsewhere now...!

I watched the Saturday game back last night and agree, DJO is the key to winning tomorrow. He was way off on Sat, with 4 fouls with 14+ to go in the second half. I think his emotions were running really high from feeling like he was getting bad foul calls, and then to see him berating himself when he missed the frees towards the end of the game was really making me cringe. He came back in the GTown game so hopefully he'll be more confident tomorrow.

The only thing making me nervous is playing at the Pavilion. That's a tough venue with it being so small that the crowd really gets into it, and since pretty much only Nova students can get tickets it's always a very hostile environment for the visiting team. BUT...I stand by my prediction earlier this week. I think GTown was a turning point and we can take tomorrow.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »
I'm calling you crazy.   ;)

Don't see it, hope I'm wrong.   Nova by 9.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
Buzz better have something figured out in regards to Villanova like he did with WV.  Hopefully it will not be a repeat of last year at Villanova.  Go Marquette!

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 09:06:14 PM »
Keep calling me crazy, I can take it...hope I get to add "like a fox" to it by this time tomorrow!!   8-)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:51:17 PM »
I think Marquette should aim to keep it within 10 and not get discouraged by a "not in doubt" loss because they will desperately need to take care of business versus PC and DePaul so they can be .500 heading into the Carrier Dome.