Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SOTG Gone?  (Read 2326 times)

Badgerhater

• All American
SOTG Gone?
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:10:48 PM »
What happend to the SOTG?

Cubi or Hayward?   Tough choice, but a nice choice to make.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: SOTG Gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »
SOTG is cubes.. the block was deactivated for now to reduce server loading.. it'll be back no worries.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
gotta be Cubillan.

- Career High 18 points
- 6 for 6 from 3 point land
- not to mention that Cubie missed alot of his 3's the crowd would not have been as big of a factor as it was (cue the guys who say, "Why do they say our student section is the best? They are lame.")
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 12:16:43 PM »
It may be a good thing they took it away. I've noticed that this site crashes like clockwork after each big game/breaking new story.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »
Wasn't a career high, but i'll take all 18 of them.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »
Not a career high. His career high was 20 against Pitt.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:23:42 PM »
SOTG is cubes.. the block was deactivated for now to reduce server loading.. it'll be back no worries.

Out of curiosity, does removing a couple KB photo and a couple lines of code and text really have a that dramatic effect on your server set up?

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »
not the file sizes, etc. it's the DB access.  the block is on every page so every time someone clicks on a topic it gets refreshed.. and several DB accesses made for that block alone.. I have some improvements in mind to eliminate the DB access for some blocks but I want to take things one step at a time.

this season is the first time we've really had repeatable problems.. and we're working hard to fix them.  Know that this site is mostly a hobby type thing for rocky and myself and we have real jobs and families to attend to first.  Bear with us as we scale things back to maintain the basic discussion goal and slowly re-add things as we get control over the issues.  on one hand the issues are frustrating but on the other hand we're proud that the site has grown such that we have these concerns.  wouldn't ask to hang out with a better crowd of people. :)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »
Thanks

You guys do a fantastic job!

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:20:47 PM »
not the file sizes, etc. it's the DB access.  the block is on every page so every time someone clicks on a topic it gets refreshed.. and several DB accesses made for that block alone.. I have some improvements in mind to eliminate the DB access for some blocks but I want to take things one step at a time.

this season is the first time we've really had repeatable problems.. and we're working hard to fix them.  Know that this site is mostly a hobby type thing for rocky and myself and we have real jobs and families to attend to first.  Bear with us as we scale things back to maintain the basic discussion goal and slowly re-add things as we get control over the issues.  on one hand the issues are frustrating but on the other hand we're proud that the site has grown such that we have these concerns.  wouldn't ask to hang out with a better crowd of people. :)

Ah ok. I didn't realize that block was making a database call. Great job with everything you guys do, the main reason why I prefer this site over the others is because of the clean navigation and how much faster it loads.

The scout board hurts my eyes to look at.

LON

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Ah ok. I didn't realize that block was making a database call. Great job with everything you guys do, the main reason why I prefer this site over the others is because of the clean navigation and how much faster it loads.

The scout board hurts my eyes to look at.

Especially when the quoting of other posters is used...