Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lazar's Rebound  (Read 1990 times)

GGGG

• All American
Lazar's Rebound
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
Key point of the game.  About a minute left, MU up one, Buycks shoots the ball with the shot clock winding down.  Lazar, who is no position to get the rebound when the shot goes up, managed to get inside Greg Monroe and simply out strength him for the ball.  He gets fouled...hits two shots. 

Monroe has 5 or 6 inches on Lazar.  That was a man's rebound right there.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Lazar's Rebound
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:58:11 AM »
I thought you were going to make a comment about Zar's rebound of Wright's missed three at the end.  From my perspective, he walked and then put it on the floor and his walk came with time on the clock.  As it happened, I thought it would get called and the Warriors would lose on a .4 shot!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:36 AM »
I agree - that rebound (plus the two free throws he calmly knocked down afterwards) was huge.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »
I thought you were going to make a comment about Zar's rebound of Wright's missed three at the end.  From my perspective, he walked and then put it on the floor and his walk came with time on the clock.  As it happened, I thought it would get called and the Warriors would lose on a .4 shot!

You know, I was watching on 360 and sometimes it is difficult to hear the horn.  I *thought* he let go of it early when it happened, but then I thought "well, I must be wrong."

Yikes.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:18:04 AM »
Lazar definitely battles his arse off on the boards...no doubt about it. But did anybody think he kind of disappeared offensively last night? I know G'town has some big bodies, but there were a couple times Lazar had smaller players on him in the post and he spun right towards trouble (bigger help). I think he's got to work on spinning to his left down there as both instances he went to his right.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 01:25:38 PM »
That was an AWESOME rebound!  Anyone have video of it so I can show my kid?

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »
Lazar definitely battles his arse off on the boards...no doubt about it. But did anybody think he kind of disappeared offensively last night? I know G'town has some big bodies, but there were a couple times Lazar had smaller players on him in the post and he spun right towards trouble (bigger help). I think he's got to work on spinning to his left down there as both instances he went to his right.

I thought he did but I almost felt like it was a bit of senior experience that lead to it more so than laziness.  He saw that we were shooting hot and deferred rather than trying to make it a fight inside that he'd probably lose.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »

I felt like he was spinning all over the place and doing his best to use his body to protect the ball. He always does. In this game though, the size and skill of his defenders seemed to lead to a lot more swatted attempts or short shots that seemed to have little chance of going in.

And that rebound was BAD ASS.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:38:47 PM »
Key point of the game.  About a minute left, MU up one, Buycks shoots the ball with the shot clock winding down.  Lazar, who is no position to get the rebound when the shot goes up, managed to get inside Greg Monroe and simply out strength him for the ball.  He gets fouled...hits two shots. 

Monroe has 5 or 6 inches on Lazar.  That was a man's rebound right there.
I would kill to see what Lazar could do with Monroe's height.  Monroe is simply too soft and Lazar's board illustrates that point.  Monroe's first impulse was to try to draw the foul by flailing around on the ground. If I was JT3, I would light his ass up in the next tape session. 

MUDude4

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »
If Lazar had Monroe's height he would be in the league already

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
I did not think that he disappeared offensively, but that he was letting the game come to him instead of trying to force things that usually result in turnovers (when he does his slow motion post up) or missed shots. I thought he displayed leadership through his unselfishness and smart decision making.

feedback