collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Charles Pierce?  (Read 2826 times)

asdfasdf

• Starter
Charles Pierce?
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
This might belong in the Superbar, but does anyone know anything about Charles Pierce? Deadspin.com is promoting his work (he's a blogger for Boston.com). In one of his first entries he says he is an alumni of MU, and points out that Buzz Williams looks like one of the Three Stooges - which is unfortunately true.

My mistake, here is the link to his blog: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:23:01 PM by asdfasdf »

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: Charles Pierce?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »
 That or Uncle Fester  :D

Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 04:00:05 PM »
This might belong in the Superbar, but does anyone know anything about Charles Pierce? Deadspin.com is promoting his work (he's a blogger for Boston.com). In one of his first entries he says he is an alumni of MU, and points out that Buzz Williams looks like one of the Three Stooges - which is unfortunately true.

My mistake, here is the link to his blog: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/

Are you Charles, and are trying to generate hits to your blog?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
Charlie was a freshman in the J-school when I was a senior in 1972. He went on to be a terrific writer at one of the Boston papers and penned a best-selling book about his father's struggle with Alzheimer's. At the U,.S. (tennis) Open in 1983, three MU alumni (Charlie, Mary Schmidt and myself) sat next to each other covering the tournament.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »
Charlie writes for the Sunday magazine of one of the Boston newspapers, wrote a biography about Tom Brady and had another book published last year.  He is a regular panelist on NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me as well.  He is fiercely loyal to the Blue and Gold.  Hopefully he will attend the 35th this year for the class of '75, he normally hits the reunions.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:43:05 AM »