Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz says on radio show  (Read 23740 times)

OpenLook

• Walk-On
Buzz says on radio show
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »
Vander and Reggie Smith were at the Villanova game Saturday. They had to be impressed with the crowd and the effort against a top 10 team. As a parting comment, he also said "we are in on some guys for the spring" signing period.

Norm

• All American
Re: Buzz says on radio show
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:09:55 PM »
Glad to hear Vander Blue and Reggie Smith were there. I was at the game too and I thought the crowd was quiet for a lot of the game, or maybe not as loud as I expected it, but I was impressed with the numbers that showed up in the student section.

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »
I really wish the stupid PA announcer would stop referring to the student section as the best in the nation, because it's actually pretty lame!!
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »
Buzz also had a lot to say about the whole issue of not playing enough guys and not playing Mbao and EW.  Sure seems like he is reading a lot of the comments on these boards or someone is filling him in.  Bottom line both are such a liability on defense that Buzz feels that they would have given away enough points that any positive effect that other players would get by being a little more rested would be wiped out.  He also said that he thought WVA got information about what the 1-3-1 MU experimented with at the Pres because it was "posted on the internet boards".  There are a couple of interesting exchanges and Homer actually stay on topic for a change.  Its worth a listen.

MU_Iceman

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »
where can I find the interview?

Goatherder

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:23:07 PM »

g0ldmember42

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »
I really wish the stupid PA announcer would stop referring to the student section as the best in the nation, because it's actually pretty lame!!

What flavor HATER-ade do you drink? Is it grape or cherry?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 06:33:44 AM »

No the student section is fine.  The Bradley Center is lame.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »

No the student section is fine.  The Bradley Center is lame.

MU is near the top for attendance on a yearly basis, players/recruits comment on being able to be around an NBA facility and players/team, the AL is a great practice facility....  I understand the Bradley Center needs some updates as far as an NBA arena, but I think it's a pretty good thing for MU in comparison to other schools.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:40:33 AM »

Lame?  How many other student sections have you seen at D-I schools?  Sure, MU's may not be the best in the nation, but to call it lame... well that's just lame.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 08:50:37 AM »
I went to the Miami Hurricanes game last week. An OOC break game against Bethune Cookman. Their student section had about 7 people. Considering our numbers for Presbyterian, I'd hardly call our section lame.

mikeDEANmeminger

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 09:26:33 AM »
Buzz also had a lot to say about the whole issue of not playing enough guys and not playing Mbao and EW.  Sure seems like he is reading a lot of the comments on these boards or someone is filling him in. 

I guarentee you, Buzz Williams is NOT reading anything on this board lol. And if someone is filling him in, he doesn't give a rat's a$$ what is said on here.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »
The only thing annoying about the PA announcer is how he says JIMMMAY BUTTTTLAHHHHH

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »

For a game that was played over break, when students are back home, don't you think it was pretty good?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »
The PA announcer is nuts.  At the NCState game, we were sure he was high on both legal and illegal substances.  Last Saturday, my friends thought he'd had way too much caffeine before the game.  He needs to chill out a little.
I was impressed with the student numbers on Saturday.  Crowd could have been a little louder, though.
Our seats are way up in the upper deck.  Seems many people there don't know about standing until we score our first basket.  I'm waiting for the people behind us to ask us to sit down.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
The PA is embarassing.  Sounds like he should be doing XFL games.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
Glad to hear Vander Blue and Reggie Smith were there. I was at the game too and I thought the crowd was quiet for a lot of the game, or maybe not as loud as I expected it, but I was impressed with the numbers that showed up in the student section.

Not sure how many people are aware, but MU offered General Admission tickets for $15 to the student section for the Nova game to help fill it up.  There were plenty of student parents and alums sitting in the student section.  Helps explain why it was both filled and also why it wasn't as loud.

They're also making the offer for the Georgetown game too.  
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
Lame?  How many other student sections have you seen at D-I schools?  Sure, MU's may not be the best in the nation, but to call it lame... well that's just lame.

I think he was calling the announcement of the student section as being the "best in the nation" as lame, I don't think he was referring to the student section or PA announcer as lame.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:33:03 AM by SaintPaulWarrior »

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
 really wish the stupid PA announcer would stop referring to the student section as the best in the nation, because it's actually pretty lame!!

Um, no...he's clearly calling the student section lame. Or else he's calling the announcer "it".

The student section was awesome in my day (92-96). It was down by the band and you had assigned seats. Isn't it a general admission set up these days, where you have to queue up outside hours before the game to get a decent seat? That would suck. We'd hang out at the Gym Bar in those hours before the game and then walk down to the BC.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 10:18:18 AM »
The student section was awesome in my day (92-96). It was down by the band and you had assigned seats. Isn't it a general admission set up these days, where you have to queue up outside hours before the game to get a decent seat? That would suck. We'd hang out at the Gym Bar in those hours before the game and then walk down to the BC.

Now, that is a lame way to do the student section.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »
MU is near the top for attendance on a yearly basis, players/recruits comment on being able to be around an NBA facility and players/team, the AL is a great practice facility....  I understand the Bradley Center needs some updates as far as an NBA arena, but I think it's a pretty good thing for MU in comparison to other schools.

As much as I think the BC is great for MU- relatively cheap, large, coolness factor that a NBA team plays there. I'm just curious if MU gave any thought to making the Al bigger like the Kohl Center. I assume budget had a lot to do with it but anyone know if they gave it serious thought. It would definitely be huge for smaller games to be on campus.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »
As much as I think the BC is great for MU- relatively cheap, large, coolness factor that a NBA team plays there. I'm just curious if MU gave any thought to making the Al bigger like the Kohl Center. I assume budget had a lot to do with it but anyone know if they gave it serious thought. It would definitely be huge for smaller games to be on campus.

Where would you have put the rest of it?  The AL takes up most of the block...

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
No the student section is fine.  The Bradley Center is lame

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

The BC is the worst basketball venue I have seen in a long time (right behind the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates and the Allstate Arena in lovely Rosemont, IL).  The student section couldn't be farther away therefore diminishing their potential impact.  They are loud and passionate just so far removed.

I too was at the game and I was impressed by the vociferous booing that took place.  We sounded like Badger fans, incredulous after every perceived non-call.  I was also near a gentleman who felt the need to lambaste Lazar while he was at the line in the second half.  The place is quiet and this jack ass is screaming at him to get in the game while he was in the act of shoot a FT.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

The BC is the worst basketball venue I have seen in a long time (right behind the Sears Center in Hoffman Estates and the Allstate Arena in lovely Rosemont, IL).  The student section couldn't be farther away therefore diminishing their potential impact.  They are loud and passionate just so far removed.

Everyone who wants students around the court, it will not happen. End of discussion.

You know why the BC is one of the best college basketball venues? Alcohol. Be grateful.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »
Where would you have put the rest of it?  The AL takes up most of the block...

Agreed.

Plus, think of the logistics involved with 15000- 18000 people.

Traffic, parking, freeway ramps, etc. etc.

The Bradley Center isn't perfect, but it's really not bad. MU has done a good job of making it look/feel more like a college atmosphere since the 90's.