Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Second Thoughts?  (Read 6673 times)

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Second Thoughts?
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:41:32 AM »
Just logged on to my facebook account and found an interesting status from Jay May in my newsfeed:

"I wish I could change the decisions that were made not my decisions your decisions...It would be different if i didn't already had my mind made up...that's the sad part...JMM"
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

KipsBayEagle

Re: Second Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »
Can someone translate please?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
Poor JMay, good riddance.

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 08:48:34 AM »
I wouldn't mind taking him back.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »
right, so un-make up your mind.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »
While it is easy to assume that his confusing statement is referring to leaving Marquette, it could well be that his is regretting his decision to go to Marquette. Maybe he's having a tough time finding a school that will take him (and his father) and he wishes he had made another choice from the get go. Just speculating, and showing that we can't necessarily interpret it as remorse about leaving the team.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »
While it is easy to assume that his confusing statement is referring to leaving Marquette, it could well be that his is regretting his decision to go to Marquette. Maybe he's having a tough time finding a school that will take him (and his father) and he wishes he had made another choice from the get go. Just speculating, and showing that we can't necessarily interpret it as remorse about leaving the team.

Agree, it was vague and could mean a lot of things.
I wish I could change the decisions that were made not my decisions your decisions...It would be different if i didn't already had my mind made up...that's the sad part...JMM

Could mean it was MU decisions, but now he has mind set on a different direction after they already closed the door, whether  it was the Pres Conference, kicking his dad out, or kicking him off the team.
We have no idea what even exactly went down, nor what he is thinking.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 09:53:11 AM »
What is his status with Tenn? Or should I say Convict U.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 10:40:45 AM »
Could be about a girl. Could be about MU. Could be about Vander Blue. Could be about his idiot father. Could be anything.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »

While you could be correct, the simplest explanation of often the most accurate.  The idea that he regrets leaving and was forced into it by his dad makes most sense. 

If so, he should go talk to Buzz and work things out and get back to practice.  He is still a 19 year old kid and his decision was guided (misguided) by his father.  Let's not confuse him with the Tenn players arrested for guns and weed.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
While you could be correct, the simplest explanation of often the most accurate.  The idea that he regrets leaving and was forced into it by his dad makes most sense. 

If so, he should go talk to Buzz and work things out and get back to practice.  He is still a 19 year old kid and his decision was guided (misguided) by his father.  Let's not confuse him with the Tenn players arrested for guns and weed.

I don't disagree at all. I simply pointed out that the simplest explanation (the easy, quick assumption) may not be correct.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
Who was his roomate?
Has he moved out of the dorms?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »
Let's not confuse him with the Tenn players arrested for guns and weed.

You forgot the booze.
 ;)

Then again in much of TN the passengers, if of age, can legally drink.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 02:00:48 PM »
Let's assume JMay was talking about his decision to quit the team... I'm pretty sure I don't want him back.  He can atone all he wants, but the simple fact is that if JMay is coming back, TMay is coming back.

MU has ridden itself of a cancer.  Why would you ask for something like that back?  We don't need JMay and we definitely don't need TMay.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 02:10:48 PM »
Let's assume JMay was talking about his decision to quit the team... I'm pretty sure I don't want him back.  He can atone all he wants, but the simple fact is that if JMay is coming back, TMay is coming back.

MU has ridden itself of a cancer.  Why would you ask for something like that back?  We don't need JMay and we definitely don't need TMay.

I don't know about that.  To me it's not about the team needing HIM more than it is JMay needing the team.  I completely understand how bring JMay back would, of course, bring Timmay back as well, but I'd like to give JMay the benfit of the doubt.  It's terrible that we have to consider the Jeronne's family and how they affect the program instead of just focusing on Jeronne the student/player. 

Do I think bringing JMay back would be the right thing for both parties to do...I don't know, but I'd like to think there would be a possible discussion about it between the two. 

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
Au Revoir, Jay May.  Forward.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
According to Tim, Jeronne he will decide between UCF, Baylor, and Tennessee in the next week.

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 04:44:16 PM »
Who was his roomate?
Has he moved out of the dorms?

His roommate was one of his teammates. Probably another freshman--maybe EWill or Mbao.

They live in Humphrey Hall (an MU-owned apartment building otherwise reserved for upperclassmen). Bball players are the only athletes that do NOT live in dorms at Marquette as underclassmen.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
I heard from somebody on the inside that Jeronne is transferring out for sure and that he apologized to Marquette but said that he needed to get away from his dad.  Good for him and best of luck.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 05:20:22 PM »
I don't know about that.  To me it's not about the team needing HIM more than it is JMay needing the team.  I completely understand how bring JMay back would, of course, bring Timmay back as well, but I'd like to give JMay the benfit of the doubt.  It's terrible that we have to consider the Jeronne's family and how they affect the program instead of just focusing on Jeronne the student/player. 

Do I think bringing JMay back would be the right thing for both parties to do...I don't know, but I'd like to think there would be a possible discussion about it between the two. 

Timmay.... love it.  Going to use it.

I absolutely agree that JMay needs a team, I just don't think that team should be MU.  Honestly, I have nothing but sympathy for the situation he is in, but he made a decision to leave MU.  The time for an open discussion would have been before he made said decision, but unfortunately, that time has passed.

I understand that it may appear MU is placing consideration of the family (e.g. Timmay) before consideration of the student in this case, but I would argue that MU is placing consideration of the remaining 12 student-athletes on the basketball team before consideration of JMay.  Timmay's presence is a potential threat to the entire team, and that should not be overlooked.

In my opinion, Timmay tried to play Buzz and MU for fools (if what was reported in the UNF presser is true).  Good for the program for standing up to his BS and calling his bluff.  It's unfortunate that JMay now must deal with those consequences, but hopefully he will be able to use the opportunity to mature and become his own man.

[Insert utilitarian adage of choice]
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 05:59:02 PM »
Seeing as we don't know the "real" story as how things shook out it's hard for me to make a call.  I think it's b.s. that he bailed on his teammates (and likely friends by now) just before the start of the Big East season.  However, if what we all believe is true (that being it was his based mainly on father's decision and likely disagreement with the MU coaching staff), I wouldn't have a problem letting him back.  If he truly regrets what transpired I would expect him to apologize to the team and ask them whether or not they'll have him back. 

In the end it doesn't matter because I think hell will freeze over before he would return.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 06:04:20 PM »
Why would you want back a me first player. He let his team down instead of doing whatever he could to help. Besides that the worst thing is he bailed on Van der Blue after he promised to help him next year like a big brother. Frankly, that part bothers me more than anything. He bailed on his best friend. I am sure Tim Maymon did not help the situation, but there are plently of teenagers that are willing to go against their parents. He is gone and I would not take him back.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
I would take him back if he in genuinely sorry, apologizes to the team, and his dad is out of the picture.  Since his dad will never be out of the picture, this will never happen though...

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »
but there are plently of teenagers that are willing to go against their parents.

Just based on his demeanor, it seems like his father was a huge influence in "his" decisions.  I couldn't see him going against Tim from what I have seen and read.  Whether he should or not is not my place.    I would gladly welcome the kid back, but not gonna happen like sultan said.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »
Why would you want back a me first player. He let his team down instead of doing whatever he could to help. Besides that the worst thing is he bailed on Van der Blue after he promised to help him next year like a big brother. Frankly, that part bothers me more than anything. He bailed on his best friend. I am sure Tim Maymon did not help the situation, but there are plently of teenagers that are willing to go against their parents. He is gone and I would not take him back.

Van der Blue.  The Dutchman.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback