'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: talent and experience  (Read 1067 times)

mug644

• All American
talent and experience
« on: January 02, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
With today's game I am totally convinced that we have the talent to put up a tough fight in any game, despite the lack of height and the short bench.

That said, I am also reminded of the many frustrations of the first 2 (and even 3) years with the Amigos. There were so many times when it seemed like a McNeal turnover cost us the game, or we just couldn't hold on to a decent lead. Like deer in headlights, we too often froze and couldn't execute at the end. Sure, there were other times when we were able to shock someone, but those early years were tough on the heart.

So, I am convinced of the need for a combination of both talent and experience. We had it last year, and that's why we didn't see the number of collapses at the end of games as we had in prior years. I think that's what we're seeing this year. We don't have the wisdom and toughness that comes with 2-3 years of BEast experience. Lazar showed glimpses of saying that, but can't do it himself.

Bottom line, the season will continue to be a roller coaster ride, a tough one on the heart. But the talent is there, and the experience is coming. (Plus more talent next year!)

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
Re: talent and experience
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:54:33 AM »
MU is missing that one "go-to" guy who can take over at the end of a game and hit the big shot.  Remember, no player on this team has been the "go-to" guy at the D1 level.  That takes a very special player and/or experience.  Right now MU does not have either.  It will come.

feedback