Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IU just got worse  (Read 9507 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: IU just got worse
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
That, begs the question; Why was the starting player still in the game with a 36 point lead?

That right there is the dividing question, if any, for the IU fans.
Most common responses in one sentence: He's a freshman who needs the experience since it was only 5 minutes into the 2nd half, but if this did happen in the 1st half, would you still have a problem with leaving him in?
SS Marquette

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »
Gotta feel for Creek, injuries are never good.  Hope he can get back out there next year.   

This does, though, lower expectations at Indiana to "hopefully we finish ahead of Iowa" rather than seeing if they can win 6 or 7 games in conference.  In turn, it buys TC time and patience from the fans at IU because any win will be an upset now.  Any win can arguably be chalked up to his coaching since there is not much talent out there.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »
That right there is the dividing question, if any, for the IU fans.
Most common responses in one sentence: He's a freshman who needs the experience since it was only 5 minutes into the 2nd half, but if this did happen in the 1st half, would you still have a problem with leaving him in?

Why was Lazar Hayward in the game against Prrrysysyssysybbbbbaterian(sp?) with a 38 point lead in the second half?

This crap is so dumb.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »
2004-2005 - Travis Diener career ending wrist injury
2005-2006 - Wes Matthews missed end of OOC play and begining of BE play with foot injury
2006-2007 - Jerel McNeal season ending wrist injury
2007-2008 - Trevor Mbakwe missed 2/3 of season with leg injury

Exactly....injuries happen...and they are not exclusive to Tom Crean...that was my point.  In the last two years, we've had 4...two per year.  We're doubling up on what Crean had going on which was already bad enough.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »
Why was Lazar Hayward in the game against Prrrysysyssysybbbbbaterian(sp?) with a 38 point lead in the second half?

This crap is so dumb.

Because the rules are different for Crean and Buzz.....didn't you get the memo?

And yes, this thread does look petty as they all do when Crean is brought up in them.  Not surprising, hatred is an ugly thing.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
Not surprising, hatred is an ugly thing.

As is treachery and a lack of honor, Chico, as is treachery and a lack of honor...

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »
Because the rules are different for Crean and Buzz.....didn't you get the memo?

And yes, this thread does look petty as they all do when Crean is brought up in them.  Not surprising, hatred is an ugly thing.

Do you really think people on this board hate TC?  People dislike him heavily(as do I) but hatred is a strong word.  In addition, wanting somebody to fail does not equal hatred. We all know you love tommy boy so coming across as a martyr must be very fullfilling.  Why don't you become a permanent member of the Indiana Board!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 05:55:26 PM »

This crap is so dumb.

If Lazar would have gotten hurt while MU sported a 38 point lead in the second half there would have been plenty of MU fans questioning Buzz. 

I also feel the need to restate that TC is a jerk.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
Do you really think people on this board hate TC?  People dislike him heavily(as do I) but hatred is a strong word.  In addition, wanting somebody to fail does not equal hatred. We all know you love tommy boy so coming across as a martyr must be very fullfilling.  Why don't you become a permanent member of the Indiana Board!

Yes, I think many people hate him....several have already stood up and raised their hands.  Others, border on clinical.

Love Tommy  Boy?  LOL.  No, completely untrue.  I just like a little balance and some facts....those are usually lacking when hatred or clinical disdain come into the equation because people can't process facts but lead with their emotions.

I'm already a member of the Indiana board.  What I don't understand is why all this IU stuff is here on THE MARQUETTE BOARD.  Strange. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 06:00:59 PM »
As is treachery and a lack of honor, Chico, as is treachery and a lack of honor...

Agreed....I'm sure that's how the New Orleans fans feel, don't you think?

It works both ways....

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »
Some of us are so over TC. & ready for the new year. GO MU

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2009, 07:38:47 PM »
I think they were following that new book:  "How to Avoid In-Season Injuries" by Buzz Williams.   With a special forward section by Joseph Fulce, Chris Otule, Junior Cadougan and Dominic James.

What? No mention of Liam McMorrow?
You've gone soft.

feedback