collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Viper
[Today at 07:44:25 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I wonder of TT and McCarthy will be allowed back next year  (Read 6465 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I wonder of TT and McCarthy will be allowed back next year
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
LOL

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: I wonder of TT and McCarthy will be allowed back next year
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 03:37:27 PM »
LOL

Billick mentioned on the broadcast that McCarthy's best buddy, Thomas Crean, has already put in a good word for Mike. And, should he be retained, rumor has it that Jack H. will be named permanent running backs coach. The Packers have already begun construction on a new $75K biffer should they, at some point, attempt to lure the current Stanford coach to Green Bay.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
Billick mentioned on the broadcast that McCarthy's best buddy, Thomas Crean, has already put in a good word for Mike. And, should he be retained, rumor has it that Jack H. will be named permanent running backs coach. The Packers have already begun construction on a new $75K biffer should they, at some point, attempt to lure the current Stanford coach to Green Bay.

Dude seriously...give it up...  Stalkers are less obsessed.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
LOL

yeah, I hope they pat themselves on the back for that momentous win over the hapless Seattle Seahawks.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »
yeah, I hope they pat themselves on the back for that momentous win over the hapless Seattle Seahawks.

They are in the playoffs, their QB is fantastic, they are young, very dangerous and somehow did it with a guy who isn't that great at QB, fragile, a terrible coach and a bumbling General Manager.

LOL

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »
They are in the playoffs, their QB is fantastic, they are young, very dangerous and somehow did it with a guy who isn't that great at QB, fragile, a terrible coach and a bumbling General Manager.

LOL

The people who made these claims are a small, vocal, stupid minority. Aaron Rodgers is a top-flight NFL quarterback. Ted Thompson is a good (not great) GM. Mike McCarthy is a good (not great) coach.

LOL.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »
I'd kill for your coach and your GM.  I'm happy with my QB, but I'd take Rodgers any day, too.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:39 AM »

LOL

Whoever said Rodgers "isn't that great"?

Additionally, they Packers are too injured in their defensive backfield to go deep into the playoffs.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 10:39:23 AM »
Yeah, I would be interested to know who said Rodgers was just ok. Other than Viking fans, I haven't seen anyone who didn't think he is probably the best QB in the division, and top tier in the league. I still have doubts about Thompson, and I admittedly waiver back and forth on McCarthy. They have figured things out, and injuries played a role, but it doesn't really excuse the poor O-line play early in the year (they were rescued by a guy who can barely walk in Tauscher). The defensive line play improved drastically once Kampman went down...how did they fail to recognize that having him drop back 50% of the time was a disaster?  Mental penalties continue to be a problem, and cost them the Pittsburgh game.

I would say the Packers are a good team, and I suppose all of the above demonstrates just how long the NFL season really is. I see little quality in the NFC, so I concede anything could happen, but I don't see them doing much in the playoffs Still, better to be there than not.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »
I think the Pack will be real dangerous in the playoffs. Be interesting to see how they and AZ handle the game this coming Sunday, since it's quite likely they'll be back in AZ next weekend.

I didn't think this would be the case a month ago, but any 6 of the NFC teams has a legit shot to go to Miami. You could argue the (probable) top 2 teams (Saints/Vikes) are playing the poorest of the 6 playoff teams right now. I'd go as far to say winner of Pack/Cards (assuming this is the match up) will go to the NFC title game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 11:08:42 AM »
I think the Pack will be real dangerous in the playoffs. Be interesting to see how they and AZ handle the game this coming Sunday, since it's quite likely they'll be back in AZ next weekend.

First down:  Matt Flynn hands off to Ahman Green
Second down:  Ditto
Third down:  Ditto
Fourth down:  Punt

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 11:16:31 AM »
Any talk of the Pack possibly staying in AZ the whole week? It's not set in stone that they'll play AZ, but if the NFL sets Pack/Cards as the Saturday afternoon game next Saturday, that's a lot of travel in six days back and forth to the west coast.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 11:23:46 AM »

First down:  Matt Flynn hands off to Ahman Green
Second down:  Ditto
Third down:  Ditto
Fourth down:  Punt

No Doubt. I'll be going skiing on Sunday.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 11:30:19 AM »
I think the Packers could do some damage in the playoffs.  With Aaron Rodgers having 0 interceptions thrown on 3rd downs and 0 interceptions thrown in the red zone they have a chance to beat anybody.  Turnover margin is huge in the NFL, and the Packers don't turn the ball over much, and force a lot of turnovers.

Jerrad Bush will get abused by Kurt Warner and whichever of their stud receivers he may be covering, but if the Packers can take those hits and bounce back I would love to get another shot at the Vikings.  I hope Capers and McCarthy, if we get to them, have been paying attention to all of the teams that are putting pressure on Favre and having success with it (and realize that sitting back in a cover 2 against them both times we played them got us absolutely owned).  If we can play anywhere near even on the lines (both offensive and defensive - keep the sacks/pressure down on Rodgers and knock the old man on his ass a few times) I would definitely like our chances there.  I don't know what to think about the Saints.  Even when they were winning they had a couple big comebacks with the help of the other teams, but they have SO many weapons and a much improved defense.  The Eagles are absolutely on fire right now and if they're in the NFC Championship game they obviously have kept that going.  The Cowboys...they still have Tony Romo and Wade Phillips.  Maybe if they replace those two next year they'll get a win in the playoffs...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »
Any talk of the Pack possibly staying in AZ the whole week? It's not set in stone that they'll play AZ, but if the NFL sets Pack/Cards as the Saturday afternoon game next Saturday, that's a lot of travel in six days back and forth to the west coast.

was brought up on last night on the fox 6 packers show and they said no way. it was my initial thought too but after they explained it i doubt it.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
A couple of things...

@Hards Alumni - Losing Harris hurt our chances, but if you look at all the other teams in the NFC, they each have considerable weaknesses.  With the recent faltering of the Saints and Vikings, this conference is wide open.  I'd almost go as far as to say that Philly is the best team in the conference right now.

@MU Dish - McCarthy said in last week's press conference I believe that he wants to keep the team on a regular schedule going into the playoffs.  That would mean treating it like another road game.  Return to Green Bay, let the players be with their families, and go about business as usual during the week before departing for Arizona again on the weekend.

@ Tim Maymon - Agreed about the Packers.  History shows that, by and large, turnover margin is THE statistic when determining playoff success.  The second most consistent statistic is also something the Packers are good at - forcing negative pass plays (sacks/INTs).  I'm not sure what the Saints' deal is right now, but their secondary is mediocre in recent weeks.  I'm still not sure if the Packers getting torched by Big Ben is a bad omen or an anomaly.  We'll find out soon.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »

LOL

anything is possible in the mighty nfc

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »

Hopefully the league will take notice and put the Wild Card game on Sunday, instead of Saturday.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
I mentioned this a few weeks back, but it's possible that all 4 Wild Card games could be rematches from Week 17, which is almost improbable when you consider the odds.

2 things to consider. AZ is the only West Coast team hosting on Wild Card weekend. Second thing, FOX and CBS traditionally switch slots for early/late game on Wild Card weekend (with NBC having dibs on the two Saturday games). If form holds true, CBS has the late game on Sunday this year, meaning there's no way Pack/Cards would be the early game out West.

My guess is it'll be Pack/Cards in the Saturday afternoon game, and Whoever/Pats in the Saturday primetime game.

Josey Wales

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »
Interesting note. I believe if the queens lose tonight, they might drop to the 3rd seed behind Phily, leaving the possibility for a 1st round game in Minny. Wouldn't that be interesting? As much as I would love the NFC championship game against them, maybe we are better off playing them early before someone else gets to knock them out. Just day-dreaming.
BEARS STILL SUCK

Hey Vikings, I like what you've done with the basement.

"Lazar Hayward. The L stands for leader, and the W stands for winner, Lazar Hayward is a winner."

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 02:45:49 PM »
I'm bundling up getting ready to head out soon for Vikes/Bears. Should be an interesting game. Favre hasn't won a road game with the temp below 39 degrees since like 2001 or 2002 (interesting stat). This is the kind of game Bears traditionally show up for, Vikes have only won at Soldier Field something like once in the last 5 or 6 years. I expect plenty of purple in the crowd this evening and plenty of fights as a result.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 03:44:28 PM »
Well, I said earlier in the year (when the Pack was 4-4) that they weren't as bad as their record.

They are still a young team, and if they can fill a couple of key holes in the off season, they could be VERY tough next year (the NFL is a young man's game).

Now, as far as this year, I think the Packers are a good team... but I have to be honest and say that the NFC central benefited from some good scheduling this year, so the Packers and the Vikes are probably 1 or 2 games worse than their record indicates.

With this said, I said over a month ago that Packers vs Vikes in the playoffs would interesting, and I'm nervous for the Vikes secondary.

It will be very interesting to see what the Vikings can do tonight. If they can run the ball and keep the defense off of the field, they will blow out the Bears. If they are forces to throw, it will be trouble.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 06:58:49 PM »
If they are forces to throw, it will be trouble.
And if they aren't forced to but still do throw the ball all over the field, all hell will break loose ;)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter