Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Loyola Maryland beats IU on a 4 point play at the end.  (Read 33916 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Loyola Maryland beats IU on a 4 point play at the end.
« Reply #125 on: December 25, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »
I don't recall the discussion, so it obviously didn't make much of an impression.

But please, do me the favor of retelling the story--you obviously feel its important.

you didn't recall it because it wasn't convenient, I guess.

as for retelling, no thanks, I typed it once, if you want to read it, do a search yourself.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
exactly,  Mu84 makes accusations towards me of things i did not say and distorts the truth and intent I then confront him on it and he just keeps on posting like he does not see my rebuttal.  your story and my rebuttal dont exist becuse they do not match an adgenda. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 25, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
Apparently not, because there there has been exactly one personal interaction that has been shared on this board.  And Hayward was so incensed by it that he sent his own kids back to Crean's camp the next year.

The way people talk about Crean, one would think Hayward should be arrested for child endangerment!

If there are "personal interactions," they've never been shared.  My guess is that, as with Hayward's case, they are so petty that people are embarrassed to even bring them up.

Ironic that the guy who constantly screams about facts is wrong about every "fact" presented in this post.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #128 on: December 25, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »
Maybe they live in alternate universes?!?
SS Marquette

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 25, 2009, 11:36:33 PM »
And you've stayed by her side in spite of her fondness for Babs - something I could not abide. I salute your equanimity.

On a more serious note, take care of yourself during your upcoming tour of duty. I'm sure you'll be a less frequent poster and the board will be poorer for that. But the bad news for SCOOP will be worse news for the bad guys in Iraq/Afghanistan. Upon your return it would be my pleasure to buy you and Mrs Warthog a beverage at the dive of your choice. Stay well.

Thanks for the kind words and offer of a tall cold one.  As you know, there is something about a dive that imparts a heartier flavor to a malted beverage. If you're ever in the Puget Sound area do let me know and the IPAs are on the Warthog!

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 25, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »
BTW, if you are being deployed, best of luck to you and the family, and use those rounds for some good use.  

Thanks for the kind words - yes, the Warthogs are once again going back into harm's way. Not to worry, though, as that is the natural environment for the most stupendous killing machine on God's green earth. What I concern myself with, as a commander, is that 422 go in and 422 come back to home plate with the same number of moving parts. Mrs Warthog, for her part (and despite a very full plate with her duties at the Gates Foundation) tends to the flock back here - flowers on birthdays, spa certificates, morale dinners, and being on call 24/7. Some of the wives are 18 years old, away from home for the first time, and they struggle throughout the whole deployment. Mrs Warthog, and a handful of other more experienced wives, are the surrogates to help these kids get through all of this. Trust me - we deployers have the easy part as we are trained for this, know what we are doing, and keep ourselves busy. As Mrs Warthog has confided to me, in the quiet times, it's just so damned nerve wracking not knowing what is happening over there. She distills it down to its essence - she notes it is epitomized by that shudder of terror one gets every time the phone rings. God bless the families who hold down the fort back here, not knowing, always wondering but always keeping the faith. That is a courage I cannot imagine.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:48:27 AM by warthog-driver »

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
this actually happened the last year he had the camp...so no one including me would have or could have sent their child back "despite"  as you continue to spew.  Its amazing how you conyinue to twist this story to fit your pathetic agaenda.  Additionally numerous other people on this board have verified this story...it is not just mine

There is a certain irony when YOU accuse someone of having a pathetic agenda.

So I get the sequence wrong--but the basic sentiment remains:  you launched a multi-year pathetic agenda of hate based on the most specious of reasons. 

You are a major-league hypocrite for coming on this board and ripping Crean the way you do while at the same time supporting his camp. 

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2009, 11:19:03 AM »
you didn't recall it because it wasn't convenient, I guess.

as for retelling, no thanks, I typed it once, if you want to read it, do a search yourself.

So we now have your personal disapproval of Crean's attire, and Hayward's complaint about Crean's son winning an award. 

Anyone else want to document the reason behind their hatred? 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:48:10 AM by Marquette84 »

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »
exactly,  Mu84 makes accusations towards me of things i did not say and distorts the truth and intent I then confront him on it and he just keeps on posting like he does not see my rebuttal.  your story and my rebuttal dont exist becuse they do not match an adgenda. 

Actually you did say it, I just got the sequence wrong. I apologize for that grevious error.  I still think its an extremely petty reason to base your multi-year rant.  Talk about your pathetic agendas. Your kid doesn't win an award, and you still spew about it years later?   

And Hards story actually was even more trivial than yours, if you can believe that!  Unless you consider wearing a windbreaker instead of a dinner jacket evidence of being a douche.   Oh, sure, he alluded to other activities which he elected to "keep secret".  But that was my point--nobody ever shares these supposed incidents.

People keep claiming they have these personal interactions that would prove that Crean is a douche--but then they never share the details. Hards calls Crean was a "complete dick" but doesn't give any of the details.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »
So we now have your personal disapproval of Crean's attire, and Hayward's complaint about Crean's son winning an award. 

Anyone else want to document the reason behind their hatred? 

again, you're just repeating what is beneficial to your argument.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2009, 11:42:53 AM »
Your nobility is only exceeded by your humility.

Stones....glass houses.....

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
again, you're just repeating what is beneficial to your argument.

Really? 

So now that I've found it, you're just another example of a guy who makes accusations, but didn't share the details.

You claim Crean was a "complete dick", but then you say you'll keep the details to yourself.  No wonder I didn't remember this--YOU NEVER ACTUALLY SHARED the details!

Your quote:  'In fact, that was the day he lost my respect completely.  But the details, I'll keep them to myself." [emphasis added]

My point was that people kept voicing complaints but never shared the details--not only do you NOT prove me wrong--you actually support my case.  You call Crean a "complete dick" but then keep the details to yourself.

Thank you for helping prove the point-- another undocumented complaint about Crean from a guy who can't or won't share the circumstances.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2009, 11:47:50 AM »
Actually you did say it, I just got the sequence wrong. I apologize for that grevious error.  I still think its an extremely petty reason to base your multi-year rant.  Talk about your pathetic agendas. Your kid doesn't win an award, and you still spew about it years later?   

And Hards story actually was even more trivial than yours, if you can believe that!  Unless you consider wearing a windbreaker instead of a dinner jacket evidence of being a douche.   Oh, sure, he alluded to other activities which he elected to "keep secret".  But that was my point--nobody ever shares these supposed incidents.

People keep claiming they have these personal interactions that would prove that Crean is a douche--but then they never share the details. Hards calls Crean was a "complete dick" but doesn't give any of the details.

MU84 you truly are pathetic...when did i ever say i was upset my kid did not win an award.  Please reread every post i have ever made on the topic.  All i have ever said was i was emabrrassed for the man.

lastly if my 8 year old son says he wants to go to the Mu camp becuase the counselors are some of his idols then i am not going to tell him "no" becuase i think the head coach is a loser.  if that pettiness would enter your thought stream then i guess it says even more about you.  Thankfully the last 2 years it has been run by Buzz and has been significantly better.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2009, 11:52:04 AM »

MU84 you truly are pathetic...when did i ever say i was upset my kid did not win an award.  Please reread every post i have ever made on the topic.  All i have ever said was i was emabrrassed for the man.

lastly if my 8 year old son says he wants to go to the Mu camp becuase the counselors are some of his idols then i am not going to tell him "no" becuase i think the head coach is a loser.  if that pettiness would enter your thought stream then i guess it says even more about you.  Thankfully the last 2 years it has been run by Buzz and has been significantly better.

I think your posts go way beyond mere embarrassment for the man.

And yes, I do think a basic parental obligation is to protect their children from people they think are complete douches.  

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:54:10 AM by Marquette84 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »
I said I'd keep the details to myself out of respect for his family, but if you really need to know, and can't just take my word for it, then what is the point?  Why would you believe anything I said?  Understand?

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »
I said I'd keep the details to myself out of respect for his family, but if you really need to know, and can't just take my word for it, then what is the point?  Why would you believe anything I said?  Understand?

agreed a have a few absolute whoppers too but am not comfortable going into that type of personal detail on a board like this

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »
agreed a have a few absolute whoppers too but am not comfortable going into that type of personal detail on a board like this

You have no worry of sullying a good reputation so I'm a little confused why this would make you uncomfortable.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2009, 08:12:25 PM »

I won't ask you to share the details.

At the same time don't call me out because I didn't "remember" something that you never shared.  When I said only one person shared a single experience, you disputed me saying you had shared one as well.  It turns out you didn't actually share your experience--and still don't want to--which might explain why I did not remember it.

Finally, I ask whether you think Crean's family would agree with your conclusion that Crean is a "complete dick".   Given you won't share the details because of your concern for their interests, I have to think that you have at least some fear that they don't agree with you. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2009, 12:11:12 AM »
I won't ask you to share the details.

At the same time don't call me out because I didn't "remember" something that you never shared.  When I said only one person shared a single experience, you disputed me saying you had shared one as well.  It turns out you didn't actually share your experience--and still don't want to--which might explain why I did not remember it.

Finally, I ask whether you think Crean's family would agree with your conclusion that Crean is a "complete dick".   Given you won't share the details because of your concern for their interests, I have to think that you have at least some fear that they don't agree with you. 

I'm just saying, don't say I didn't say that there was more that I knew.  I shared *part* of an experience.  Just trying to keep everything *nice* on these boards.

I don't care if the family thinks that he is a complete dick, because they probably don't.  But that doesn't exactly mean he is a nice guy, does it?  We are the ones who are passing judgment at this juncture, not them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2009, 03:47:19 PM »
And yes, I do think a basic parental obligation is to protect their children from people they think are complete douches.  

Why?  They'll be dealing with douches most of their lives.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2009, 03:58:29 PM »
Meanwhile, the biggest douche coach MU has had in 30 years pulled off a nice win over UNLV yesterday.

KO's USC club is 8-4 with some very good wins and very bad losses.  Strange team. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2009, 01:18:02 AM »
Meanwhile, the biggest douche coach MU has had in 30 years pulled off a nice win over UNLV yesterday.

I had no idea Indiana played UNLV yesterday