[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 4ever\ Murff \ Dennyecran are soothsayers....funny quotes when we landed Maymon  (Read 1661 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
A few funny quotes (retrospectively) when Maymon signed from folks on the board (I'll throw a few digs at myself as well below).  

I'm going to do my best AnotherMU84 impression and go back in time.....LOL  Denny and Murff got crushed on this board for these comments by the way, yet they were right.  Denny was DEAD ON TARGET.  I believe he is a Badgers fan, but he nailed it.

Always fun to take a look back....I got nailed as well in my support for Tim Maymon's involvement (OUCH on my part).

Top 15
---------------------

1)  "Guaranteed a starting spot?  Man o' man! This is going to bite Buzz right in the ass."
-4everwarriors  May 27, 2008

2)  "Maymon sounds like he has a great Dad - come on board!"
-Mviale May 22, 2008

3)  "Are you serious?  He sounds like your typical psycho dad carrying out his fantasies through his son."
-Esotericmindguy  May 22, 2008 in response to mviale's post

4) "Interesting calculated risk by Buzz.  There was a reason neither Bo nor Cream wanted this kid.  His is exceptionally talented with huge upside.  The 2.0 GPA (and some other character issues) along with the overbearing stage father make this a gamble that could very well implode or pay off huge.
-Butchbadger  May 28, 2008

5)  "We here a lot of stuff regarding Maymon's father. He seems very involved and dedicated to motivating his kid. We have had a lot of players whose father was never involved. Matthews, Wade, Townsend come to mind. I believe his father will make sure he is hitting the books this year. The father is guilty of being enthusiastic and talking to much, but it is nice to see a father that is involved with his son."
-Bilsu May 28, 2008

6)  "As far as I'm concerned, I think it's refreshing that a father is involved in his kid's life to that extent.  There are plenty of basketball high school prospects that don't have a father even around.  There's obviously a line that cannot be crossed, but he's just looking out for his son as any good father should."
-Chicosbailbonds May 22, 2008  OUCH

7)  "His Dad is the reason UW backed off!"
-Murffius  May 22, 2008

8)  "Buzz had better set the ground rules early with dad and not waver.  Dad is an extreme case. This has been well known for a long time. It has been downplayed by some when Marquette became serious in its recruitment of Maymon.
-Denny Crane August 8, 2008

9) I am sure dad does love his son. That does not make some of his actions any less palatable or potentially problematic."   "I have seen Memorial play dozens of times. His father does make a spectacle of himself. I can not think of another parent who has been more consistent in that regard over the years. I have also seen Tim Maymon interject himself between his sons and coach during the summer. It may not be the popular position but it is the truth."
-Denny Crane August 9, 2008

10) "Tim Maymon has made public comments accusing those who don't believe in his son as being the problem. His comments to the media pointed the finger at others for where his son was academically. Tim Maymon loves to be the center of attention in public. If you want to be in the limelight you had better be able to take the good with the bad."
-Denny Crane August 9, 2008    (to which Mr. Hayward's response was "denny crane you is a fool."  LOL

11)  "The Mathews situation is more dissimilar than similar to Maymon. There is no need to break it down much further than that. The Pam Moore-UW situation was overplayed on the internet. As far as I can tell there was uncomfortableness and possibly personality conflicts on both sides."
-Denny Crane  August 10, 2008

12)  "Crean did not recruit Maymon. Bo Ryan did not recruit Maymon. The reasons have already been discussed.

Buzz has made the choice to offer Maymon. It is worthy of discussion if this change in direction is a good idea. It is a grey area. No need to look at this decision with blinders on. Those wearing blinders have made a 180. Under Crean not taking Maymon was the right thing to do. Buzz offers Maymon and now that is the right thing to do. Same player, same person, same history, same risks."
-Denny Crane May 24, 2008

13) "another mistake by TC [not getting Maymon]"
-mviale May 25, 2008

14) "There are reasons Crean and Bo Ryan didn't go after Maymon."
-Chicosbailbonds  May 28, 2009   (for which I was accused of having an agenda)  LOL

15) "Sportsbubbler posted the press conference for Jeronne Maymon.  I could definitely see how Bo could have been turned off by Mr. Maymon, he's a bit overzealous"
-Esotericmonkey May 27, 2008

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 04:16:32 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
Thanks Chicos, good stuff.  Denny Crane gets the soothsayer award!  Where is Denny today? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Thanks Chicos, good stuff.  Denny Crane gets the soothsayer award!  Where is Denny today? 

Denny has made an appearance today, after a long hiatus.