Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Junior's recruiting  (Read 1197 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Junior's recruiting
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »
Checked what Junior was saying about his recruitment and he did refer to playing time a little bit.  Junior said at around 1:45 in the video that he would "jump right in" and replace DJ and McNeal.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvPxNyWt_fY&feature=related

No doubt, Junior would have played this year at MU and if he lived up to his reputation would have started by now IMO.  I don't know how Buzz talked about PT with Junior, but if he said something along the lines to Junior that D James and McNeal are leaving and you will be able to "jump right in," I think that is fair to say.  That isn't promising, playing time, shots, or a starting spot.   If he said something similar to Maymon about playing small forward, I think Maymon made way too big of a jump to think that because Wes was leaving, he would get Wes's position and shots at the SF this year just for showing up. 

Buzz may have to think about the way he talks about how player's experiences will be when they get to MU though.  This is probably what comes with a young coach, and Buzz will have to learn and improve.   

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: Junior's recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »
You're also comparing a true freshman point guard that is battling with essentially only one other player for court time when the season started (I don't count Cubi as a 1 at the start of the season) to JMay who would have had to battle with Butler, Hayward, Fulce, EWill, etc for PT.  I'd say you're correct that he made too big of a jump assuming "since wes is leaving, I'll take his minutes" if that is the case. That being said, I think it does have more to do with his father in this situation.  JMay seems like a very soft spoken kid which I would venture to say is partly because his father is constantly talking for him.  This past week the only thing we've heard that apparently came out of JMay's mouth is that he is unhappy. No telling what is making him unhappy or why.

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: Junior's recruiting
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:24:31 PM »
dj is heading out the door
there is opportunity for you on the floor
there's room on the stage
please help write the next page
a far cry from the spotlight is yours