Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hunt on Maymon  (Read 7332 times)

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
Re: Hunt on Maymon
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 04:41:06 PM »
Buzz made a mistake, he had two recruits to choose from in the state, Wilson or Maymon. He obviously chose the wrong man for the job. Wilson looks like a stud in the making in Oregon, while JM looks like overatted daddy's boy who just couldn't hack it. Will this hurt in recruiting? It is yet to be seen. But it obviously can't help. But its time to move on with what we have.

Jamil never really had UW or MARQ on his lists.  It was Michigan St.  Texas  and Oregon.  He went with the surprise pick b/c he knew he could be a stud quicker and be the 'face of the franchsie' in a few yrs.  I believe Aaron Brooks dropped 20+ pts last night in the NBA, so Oregon is no slouch.  

Jamil just wanted a change of scenery and wanted to challenge himself.  Give the man props.  Buzz did not "lose" out on Jamil.
Seriously, if there's a recruit from Texas, Bo Ryan stands no chance in hell.  At least Buzz is in the final mix.
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 04:57:27 PM »
Jamil is good, but no where near a one and done player.  He has raw talent and I think he's like the 6th man at Oregon right now (or at least was a week or so ago when I looked).

The only one and done player that might ever pass through this state is J.P. Tokoto.

Buzz can erect himself a gold statue in front of the Bradley Center is he reels in J.P. TOKOTO.

teal = sarcasm

since you seem somewhat new to the board :)

Marq

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 04:57:51 PM »
Jamil never really had UW or MARQ on his lists.  It was Michigan St.  Texas  and Oregon.  He went with the surprise pick b/c he knew he could be a stud quicker and be the 'face of the franchsie' in a few yrs.  I believe Aaron Brooks dropped 20+ pts last night in the NBA, so Oregon is no slouch.  

Jamil just wanted a change of scenery and wanted to challenge himself.  Give the man props.  Buzz did not "lose" out on Jamil.
Seriously, if there's a recruit from Texas, Bo Ryan stands no chance in hell.  At least Buzz is in the final mix.

Jamil was on Marq's radar but he dropped Marq after the fall early signing period was up. But to say that Buzz did not lose out on Jamil is just ridiculous. Wilson was right in Marquette's back yard. You are definitely losing out on recruits when they live 25 miles away.
BTW get over who Bo Ryan recruits. It has no relevance to this post.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »
racine wisconsin
famous for danish kringle
and marquette centers

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
Jamil was on Marq's radar but he dropped Marq after the fall early signing period was up. But to say that Buzz did not lose out on Jamil is just ridiculous. Wilson was right in Marquette's back yard. You are definitely losing out on recruits when they live 25 miles away.
BTW get over who Bo Ryan recruits. It has no relevance to this post.

Technically yes, you are right.  He was on the list.  However, deep down both UW and MARQ were not his top.

I remember seeing Bo Ryan and Tom Crean his sophomore year at a game scouting him.  But by his Jr./Sr. years he was clearly going out of state to one of the schools I listed earlier.

Nothing was funnier than seeing Buzz Williams AND Bo Ryan at the same Memorial game last year scouting Vander/Lomomba/checking up on Maymon.
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

feedback