Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Article on Vander on ESPN  (Read 3566 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
Article on Vander on ESPN
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »
any insiders wanna tell me whats said in the article where art thou, vander blue?

bs4173

• Team Captain
Re: Article on Vander on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »
any insiders wanna tell me whats said in the article where art thou, vander blue?

That one and the one titled "MU transfer hurts in-state recruiting?"

please, somebody with ESPN Insider access, copy both.

LON

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:20:41 AM »
People actually pay for Insider?

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:21:19 AM »
cough:

We wrote earlier today that Marquette freshman  Jeronne Maymon decided to  leave the Marquette team on Monday.

Now a concern facing coach Buzz Williams and his staff is whether extremely talented guard Vander Blue decides to still play for MU. Blue and Maymon were great friends; "I would say that was a great plus, a big plus, because I know I'm going to have somebody [Maymon] watching over me," said Blue, after he decommitted from Wisconsin and decided on Marquette.

ESPn Scouts Inc. analyst Paul Biancardi already has Blue listed as one of the high-impact freshman for 2010-11. As of right now, however, Blue may still suit up for the Golden Eagles. According to his mother, Rita Blue, "The Blue family has no comment on [Maymon's decision to quit the team]. It has nothing to do with Vander or myself, and it has no direct affect on Vander at all. Vander is going to Marquette. End of story."

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »
According to his mother, Rita Blue, "The Blue family has no comment on [Maymon's decision to quit the team]. It has nothing to do with Vander or myself, and it has no direct affect on Vander at all. Vander is going to Marquette. End of story."

Hmmm...she knew about it, but Tim Maymon didn't. 

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »
yeah something does seem pretty sketchy, but im over it because jeronne was obviously not giving the effort and it was obvious. Im not saying the other recruits have done nething more but he was given the most opportunity for success. compare his work ethic to Erik Williams and its obvious who is more dedicated. Vander has been on campus a couple times with Butler Acker and Hayward. Hayward will undoubtedly be able to convince Vander to stay if a doubt comes up

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »

If I were a journalist, I'm calling Tim Maymon before I even think about this affects Vander Blue.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
If you really want to contact Tim Maymon, go to the Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison athletic office.  He works in the athletic operations area.  He's always around Camp Randell area. 

Funny thing is, I literally talked to him after the MU/UW game this Sat. and said "we'll get them next year" and he's like all excited and saying "For sure, man, for sure" 

something doesn't add up

How many people on this board have actually had conversations with this man?  I have at that game, and some Memorial games.  He's crazy, but also someone that really won't hide anything b/c he's so flamboyant to begin with.

Tim Maymon and his swagger.
<object width="576" height="432" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/746167377517" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/746167377517" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="432"></embed></object>
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »

Couldn't be more off base, no evidence here of anyone knowing anything. Nice try! next

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 06:49:50 AM »
If you really want to contact Tim Maymon, go to the Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison athletic office.  He works in the athletic operations area.  He's always around Camp Randell area. 

Funny thing is, I literally talked to him after the MU/UW game this Sat. and said "we'll get them next year" and he's like all excited and saying "For sure, man, for sure" 

something doesn't add up

How many people on this board have actually had conversations with this man?  I have at that game, and some Memorial games.  He's crazy, but also someone that really won't hide anything b/c he's so flamboyant to begin with.

Tim Maymon and his swagger.
<object width="576" height="432" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/746167377517" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/746167377517" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="432"></embed></object>

Rivals 150 what are your thoughts on MAymon's departure? 

I think the kid is nuts...does he know he is avergaing more minutes, points and rebounds per game thru 10 games than Wesley Matthews or Lazar Hayward did?  Last I saw they turned out pretty good. 

Does he not realize it is a process of becomeing good college bball player?  Unless you are Kevin Durant or Carmelo not too many Freshman come in and star from day 1 and those guys were top 5 recruits. 

Most kids are happy to be playing at all.  We lose our Center and his father is complaining that jerrone is playing Center?!  Does his father or anyone actually think he is a better player than Butler and HAyward and he sould be getting thei minutes, playing their positions, and getting their touches? 

I just dont get it.  I had always heard Tim Maymon was alittle loud and everything but he appears to be delusional too.  Did he not watch the games?  Jerrone looks to me like he will be a fine player in time but he has really struggled so far.  Does he expect Buzz to lose games so Jerrone can play all the time and get all the touches?  I dont get it, you would think any rational person would realize that their son is playing with a bunch of other extremely talented players and the two playing in front of him have multiple years of training and experience.  I cannot understand how a rational person would think he should have gotten more time and would not be happy for the time he was getting and encouraged with the progress he was making and the potential to be a really good player in the years to come.  I mean the kid was what a top 75 recruit?  How many top 75 recruits are getting more time in the BE than MAymon ...I would guess alot of them are getting alot less.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:18 PM »
Clearly something doesn't add up.  For a true freshman not in Rivals Top10 he had to be getting a good chunk of minutes.  He would have been a force for sure his Jr./Sr. years.  He has already gained weight and when he gets his vertical back up then his potential is pretty good.  I just hope Camp Maymon had an offer from another school in mind before leaving.

Tomorrow should be interesting.  I'm hoping Tim Maymon speaks to the press.  Otherwise, there'sa good chance I see him in the next few weeks anyways.
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

feedback