[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Have a Nice Career, Jeronne  (Read 1667 times)

rico49

• Walk-On
Have a Nice Career, Jeronne
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:34 PM »
See ya, at least you showed your full character early in your freshman year.  The Warriors will will play the next game with or without him.  Thank God that players who put themselves first are sometimes exposed in their 1st yr. so we don't need to "wring our hands" over his loss next year!!  We don't need guys who can't handle the tough times,  we need guys like Lazar who play out of position for 4 years, possibly sacrificing NBA potential, for the good of the team!!   

KipsBayEagle

Re: Have a Nice Career, Jeronne
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
See ya, at least you showed your full character early in your freshman year.  The Warriors will will play the next game with or without him.  Thank God that players who put themselves first are sometimes exposed in their 1st yr. so we don't need to "wring our hands" over his loss next year!!  We don't need guys who can't handle the tough times,  we need guys like Lazar who play out of position for 4 years, possibly sacrificing NBA potential, for the good of the team!!   
There are so many things wrong with this post I am not gonna even touch it

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
Wow, I'm disappointed too, but come on!  He is just a kid.  Little early to pidgeon hole himself and give up on his dreams of the NBA just to make you and the MU fan base happy.

We have no idea what has all gone into this.  Just a lot of speculation at this point.  I do wish him well.  The pressure in making this decision has got to have been terrible.  I hope he finds what he is looking for.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »

Please take this Wisconsin post off the board!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:35:56 PM »
Stay classy, Marquette.

And to think that we jumped all over UW's fan base for their treatment of Vander Blue. How the mighty have fallen.

The reality is, Maymon made a decision that most of us are unhappy with. That said, he made his decision, and rather than act like jilted lovers, we should accept it and move on. We certainly don't have the details, so it is a bit early to jump to conclusions as well. I will say that if the kid was promised certain things by the coaching staff that have not come true, such as the opportunity to play certain positions, it definitely alters my view of his decision to a certain extent. Unfortunately none of us can truly tell what was promised, if anything, and what the interior motives for the decision to leave were.

The response on the message boards has been almost as disappointing as the move itself. I am not saying we should wish Maymon good luck in the future. But we certainly don't need to try to make ourselves feel better with condescending posts like the one above that started this thread..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:38:29 PM by MUCam »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:38:13 PM »
Ditto that...the OP is ridiculous.

There's no reason as of yet why Maymon is gone.
I really hoped he'd become one tough customer in the post: a mini-Danny Fortson.

I wish him the best...just sucks cuz he's gone.

Since he's now gone...I guess it's time to lock up a big 3, 4 or 5 because we've got some playing time to throw around!!!
SS Marquette

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »
Yeah seriously, I see a lot of what helped turn Vander away from UW.

Let's keep it in perspective here.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »
Life goes on, gents...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:48:44 PM by warthog-driver »

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 10:50:18 PM »
I really think the problem is that the Maymons think he is a NBA type-player. Unless he changes his skill set, that won't happen. He should focus on becoming a great college player.

Best of luck to J-May. I really think he can become a great college player if he realizes what he is capable of instead of listening to his dad using him as a future paycheck.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 10:56:57 PM »
There's already a massive thread for disappointed MU fans.  This one started off on the wrong note and is going nowhere good.

Bottom line is, we don't know the whole story, so try to keep from speculating too much.  

Also no need to kick anyone while their down (Buzz or the Maymon's)....locked.