[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Arrogant BADger fans  (Read 2057 times)

syscokid

• Walk-On
  • Bo Cryan
Arrogant BADger fans
« on: December 14, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
I like to see what those morons on badgernation.com are saying. here's a nice one some of you may enjoy.
"I hope Vander enjoyed this one.  What a foolish decision he made.  Not just because of this one game, but because ever since Bo took over at UW the Badgers have by and large been consistently the better team in Wisconsin and the team receiving more national recognition.  Marquette's lone shining moment was when Wade was in town, but other than that they have been a good, not great team.  Meanwhile the Badgers have been ranked #1 at one point (albeit for a short time) and have consistently received more national recognition.  Wisconsin is the official school of this state and Marquette will always play second fiddle.  Duke over UW?  Understandable.  UNC over UW, I could see why you would do that.  Marquette over UW?  That is like Brian Kelly saying to Notre Dame, no thanks I'm happy where I am in Cincy."
- the guy says they were ranked #1. Yes they were for 1 day! Was it last year or the year before? I remember it clearly. the ranking came out and like that night they lost. I LMAO to all the BADger fans that I knew. now THAT was funny.

jficke13

• All American
Re: Arrogant BADger fans
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
I ignore them. At best it would amuse me to watch people with the blinders on. At worst it would just piss me off. So I don't even listen.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:56:38 PM »
Yes they were ranked #1.  Don't you remember the best team ever assembled in Madison?  The one that lost in the second round to UNLV?

MUrugger

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:13:56 PM »
Wisconsin is Regional.  Marquette is National.  Both are good schools, but Wisconsin tends to draw it's students from the Midwest.  Marquette draws students from a more diverse demographic.

Surely there are not a lot of West Coast kids migrating to Milwaukee, but the the the North East, South East and other regions of the country would be far better represented at MU (%-wise) than at Wisconsin.  My girlfriend while there came from Las Vegas, attracted to the Physical Therapy program.

Many people who say they recognize the name Marquette, don't even know it is in Milwaukee.  And even here in the Midwest, Wisconsin is viewed first and foremost as a football school.  Marquette, rightly or wrongly, is a basketball school.   

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 07:42:12 PM »
I never understand breaking down anything other than the basketball teams... education programs, where students are from, blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line is in the "naughts" (2000's) UW-Madison has had more success than Marquette...

We both have Final Fours, though Wisconsin has had more NCAA tourney success
Wisconsin has won a few more titles in their conference
Wisconsin has spent more time ranked
Both have had equal success getting players to the next level

In terms of the long-term, however, Marquette has a stronger history of coaches, NCAA tourney wins, rankings, etc..

It will be 2010 soon and a whole new decade.  Time will tell who will rule the 10's.  I am liking our future.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
I tend to agree with MUrugger in that UWatMadison is a nice 'fall back' school for many midwestern high schoolers, but MU is a destination for many national students.  However, it is the bball program and -Madison has a hell of a long way to go to equal MU's decade-straight top ten rankings in the McGuire era, our several national covers of SI, and our multiple final fours, not to mention the national championship.  True, they have a decent coach now, and the athletic dept is no longer losing millions per year, but compared to MU, they are just getting started.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 09:47:41 PM »
I tend to agree with MUrugger in that UWatMadison is a nice 'fall back' school for many midwestern high schoolers, but MU is a destination for many national students.  However, it is the bball program and -Madison has a hell of a long way to go to equal MU's decade-straight top ten rankings in the McGuire era, our several national covers of SI, and our multiple final fours, not to mention the national championship.  True, they have a decent coach now, and the athletic dept is no longer losing millions per year, but compared to MU, they are just getting started.

This is rediculous.

As is this entire thread.

keep dreaming everyone.

MU isn't the national destination you think it is... what the hell are you smoking?

KipsBayEagle

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »
Please don't compare uw and mu academics, we'll lose everytime

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
Please don't compare uw and mu academics, we'll lose everytime

you ALL make my head hurt.