collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Beware "heckling" Presbyterian fans at the Bradley Center  (Read 4704 times)

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: Beware "heckling" Presbyterian fans at the Bradley Center
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53:57 AM »
http://deadspin.com/5425348/dont-root-against-north-carolina-on-their-home-court-or-you-will-be-ousted-by-roy-williams

I've always doubted the sincerity of Williams' "Aw shucks Deputy Dawg" schtick. I think this action disproves any thought of him being a nice guy. Doing something like this is nothing less than an abuse of authority.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:59:38 AM »
As I just posted in another thread thant UNC alums/fan base are simply insufferable.  The arrogance that emits from Chapel Hill is truly palpable.  Starts from the top on down..... ::)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:40:25 AM »
That is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen. It's bad enough that Williams acknowledged a heckler, but the security guys were pulling on the guy like he was criminally insane. What the hell?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »
That is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen. It's bad enough that Williams acknowledged a heckler, but the security guys were pulling on the guy like he was criminally insane. What the hell?

Next stop: Chain Gang

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
I wonder if Roy was worried about the things fans used to say about JJ Reddick at the Dean Dome.

And now I need to go throw up after saying something remotely positive about Duke.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »
As I just posted in another thread thant UNC alums/fan base are simply insufferable.  The arrogance that emits from Chapel Hill is truly palpable.  Starts from the top on down.....
When I was a teenager, I was fairly clueless when it came to searching for a university. I took the ACT, but never the SAT. My initial picks were UNC, Dook, and Southern California. Thankfully, UNC didn't accept ACT scores at the time, only SAT, so they were out. After having a personal interview with a very snobish Dook alum, they were off the list. Thought USC was too far.
Thankfully, the road less travelled took me to Marquette. I would have absolutely hated any of my original three choices.
Maybe its true God looks out for fools and drunkards.  ;D

muhoosier260

• All American
Roy Williams gets opposing fan kicked out
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
Just saw this was posted in the other forum, sorry.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:29:13 PM by muhoosier260 »

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
Roy is something else.  It was either last year or the year before when NCSU was playing UNC in Chapel Hill, some UNC season ticket holders gave or sold their tickets to some NCSU fans.  Roy went on local TV and said he wanted to know who the season ticket holders were that sold or gave their tickets to NCSU fans.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 05:53:41 PM »
Roy is something else.  It was either last year or the year before when NCSU was playing UNC in Chapel Hill, some UNC season ticket holders gave or sold their tickets to some NCSU fans.  Roy went on local TV and said he wanted to know who the season ticket holders were that sold or gave their tickets to NCSU fans.

I would want to know the same if MU season ticket holders gave tickets to UW fans for a matchup at the bradley center, but I wouldn't expect our coach to take such measures. Roy is a good ole boy schmuck. I can't believe he did this to that Presbyterian fan. How conceited can you be to pull a stunt like this against a clearly inferior team's fan, with comments that don't deserve this type of response? I'm sure Duke fans say much more appropriate things to UNC players compared to the Presbyterian fan.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »

I think Roy was probably pissed at the fact that there was an opposing teams fan yelling obscenities all game long and he was sitting in different seats in the "friends and family" section.  Many said the guy was clearly drunk, didn't have a ticket, and having someone like that sitting with friends and family is never a good idea as "friends and family" can take things personally.  Not sure I see much wrong with what Roy did, other than the fact that security should have taken care of it without being asked.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »

I think Roy was probably pissed at the fact that there was an opposing teams fan yelling obscenities all game long and he was sitting in different seats in the "friends and family" section.  Many said the guy was clearly drunk, didn't have a ticket, and having someone like that sitting with friends and family is never a good idea as "friends and family" can take things personally.  Not sure I see much wrong with what Roy did, other than the fact that security should have taken care of it without being asked.

Did you click on the link? Which obscenities are you speaking of? He said "Miss it Deon," as a free throw was being shot. If that's vulgar than I don't know what's appropriate anymore.     

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »
Did you click on the link? Which obscenities are you speaking of? He said "Miss it Deon," as a free throw was being shot. If that's vulgar than I don't know what's appropriate anymore.     

I read the link, and I've been a couple of conferences in which Roy spoke, and I think highly of him and the coaching family he came up through, so I decided I'd dig a little on this one.  Many fan accounts, those sitting next to the guy during different periods of the game, say he was drunk, obviously didn't have seating privileges, and was swearing throughout the game.  One guy commented that he was listening to the game on the radio during the first half and could hear some guy yelling obscenities, and that was posted at half time, before Roy had him ejected.  Do you really think Buzz should allow a fan from another team to sit in the MU friends and family section period, let alone if he doesn't have a ticket, is hassling players, or worse? 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
I read the link, and I've been a couple of conferences in which Roy spoke, and I think highly of him and the coaching family he came up through, so I decided I'd dig a little on this one.  Many fan accounts, those sitting next to the guy during different periods of the game, say he was drunk, obviously didn't have seating privileges, and was swearing throughout the game.  One guy commented that he was listening to the game on the radio during the first half and could hear some guy yelling obscenities, and that was posted at half time, before Roy had him ejected.  Do you really think Buzz should allow a fan from another team to sit in the MU friends and family section period, let alone if he doesn't have a ticket, is hassling players, or worse? 

Sounds like the cover up has begun. Sitting in the wrong seat? Notify an usher and have him removed. Sitting in the wrong seat and constantly swearing? Notify an usher and have him removed. Sitting in the wrong seat, drunk as a skunk and shouting obscenities? Notify an usher and have him removed. We're supposed to believe that everyone in his section sat by passively while this guy ran amok for the entire game. Doesn't pass the smell test. This was just Ol' Roy at his arrogant and self righteous best. At least he didn't break down and cry at the news conference. How will his player EVER get over a fan yelling "Don't miss Dion"? Oh the humanity!

MUCam

• All American
In other NCAA Basketball news (slightly OT)
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
Stepping away from the Maymon ledge for a second....

Did anyone see this? PATHETIC. I have never cared for Roy Williams at all. His recent public criticisms of a former recruit / current MSU player were pathetic. This might be even more so....

http://live-blogs.fayobserver.com/accbasketball/December-2009/Roy-freaks-out-over-heckler,-asks-everyone-else-to