[Today at 04:56:29 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 04:55:03 PM]

Media Rights Update by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:30:30 PM]

Hurley staying! by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 04:20:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Pre-game gathering in Madison  (Read 1867 times)

wardle2wade

• All American
Pre-game gathering in Madison
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:05:30 PM »
Headed to the game and thought I remember hearing there's a pregame gathering in Madison... did some checking and think I found it.  Anyone partaking in this?

Also, I noticed that this pub is about 9 miles away from the Kohl hole... even with the bus ride, seems a bit far.  Is there a spot closer to the stadium which MU fans are headed?

----------------------------------------------

http://muconnect.marquette.edu/Page.aspx?pid=351&cid=7&ceid=30&cerid=0&cdt=12%2f12%2f2009 

Sat, 12 Dec, 2009 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Pre-game Reception
2:00 p.m.

Erin’s Snug Irish Pub
4601 American Parkway
Madison
(608) 242-7616

$5 for adults
FREE for children age 10 and under

Round-trip transportation via double-decker party bus from Erin’s Pub to the Kohl Center.

$10 per person
(bus ticket includes a $5 drink coupon redeemable at Erin’s Pub before or after the game)

Tip-off
4:00 p.m.

Kohl Center
UW-Madison Campus
601 West Dayton Street
Madison

Put on your finest Marquette gear and join fellow alumni, parents and friends for a pre-game reception, offering appetizers and traditional Irish fare. A cash bar will also be available at the reception, along with food for purchase. Drawings for great MU prizes will take place throughout the afternoon.

Then watch the Golden Eagles take on the Badgers. The Marquette University Alumni Association does not have tickets for the game. Alumni are invited to stay at Erin’s and watch the game with fellow fans. Televisions are located throughout the pub.

Have tickets to the game? Avoid traffic and parking on campus. Board Erin’s double-decker party bus for round-trip transportation to the game. Your bus ticket will include a $5 drink coupon redeemable at Erin’s Pub.

REGISTER NOW or contact the Alumni Engagement and Outreach office at (800) 344-7544 or terrie.bruckbauer@marquette.edu. 

Want more information regarding Marquette events and activities designed especially for Madison-area alumni? Contact Marquette Club of Madison co-presidents, Heather Lore, Bus Ad ’04, at heathergomu@yahoo.com or Regina Lanzillotta, Comm ’05, at reginalanz@yahoo.com. 

WarriorMU

• Walk-On
Re: Pre-game gathering in Madison
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »
I'll be at a downtown watering hole before the game with some other MU folks.  Not sure where yet but if there is a consensus I'd definitely join in.  Any suggestions?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »
Me and a dozen other rabid fans plan on attending the pre and post game bash at the EAT estate. Facebook others who are looking for a great time. Bottled water and potato chips (stale at that since they are at least 5 years old) are provided, otherwise, BYO.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 06:52:15 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »
Might be attending the Erin's Snug event... the bar is actually pretty cool (had my wedding rehearsal dinner there), and the bus is awesome... would be nicer if it wasn't 5 degrees outside.

please post any other bars that you guys will be at.

I remember two years ago we went to the "Red Shed" and sang "Ring Out Ahoya" enough times to start a fight...

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »
Thinking of going to Erins Snug, but it just seems far and I'd rather not cut it close timewise.  From what I heard, the roads in the city (not highways) are still pretty frozen over so traffics been moving slow?  I just imagine that 10 mile bus ride being a 45 minute debacle.  Since I'm roadtripping up with my dad, I'd rather have time to spare.  The tix I bought came with a parking pass, so maybe we'll just drive ourselves separate to the Erin's snug...

Nitty Gritty is probably a good choice too, right?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »
The roads are horrid.  90% of the city is covered in packed snow that is about 1/2 inch thick or more.  Be prepared to drive slowly.

The Gritty is okay... its a 'birthday' bar... but it is right next to the Kohl Hole.

feedback