'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Mock Drafts by wadesworld
[June 21, 2024, 10:18:49 PM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 21, 2024, 09:43:59 PM]

Oso Article by Jay Bee
[June 21, 2024, 09:09:48 PM]

More conference realignment talk by WhiteTrash
[June 21, 2024, 09:02:22 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by lawdog77
[June 21, 2024, 05:12:30 PM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Zog from Margo
[June 21, 2024, 11:09:40 AM]

2025 Bracketology by wadesworld
[June 21, 2024, 10:50:55 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wesley vs. Kobe tonight  (Read 6417 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Wesley vs. Kobe tonight
« on: December 09, 2009, 10:25:05 PM »
He's gonna get him on D most of the time. Utah up 1 late in the 2nd half.

Video- http://atdhe.net/10497/watch-utah-jazz-vs-los-angeles-lakers

muole

• Starter
Re: Wesley vs. Kobe tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 10:29:03 PM »
I'm watchin out here in chilly LA.

wes just hit a couple throws and the announcers were talking about how he is bigger than his pops, and what a tough player his dad was.  played for the lakers in 87 and 88.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:47:36 PM »
This 4th quarter may be some of the worst basketball by a pro team in awhile.  Entering the 4th quarter, the Jazz trailed by 2 points.  They now trail by 26.  They have scored 4 points in the first 11 minutes of the quarter with a minute to play in the game.

Absolutely BRUTAL.

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »
NBA is fixed...everyone knows it.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 11:54:08 AM »
This is an awful NBA season.  Too many teams are gearing for the free agent class of 2010 instead of competing this year.  There will be no big trades for that reason as well as the fact that the Lakers are a lock to win it all.  And with Griffin hurt, the rookie class is uninspiring.  The only bright spot is Wes.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 01:04:47 PM »
The only bright spot is Wes.

Greg Jennings?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »
Gregdon Jennings?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 09:39:59 PM »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 12:06:08 AM »
Playing Orlando on TNT tonight... Wes just went up with Dwight Howard and ripped the rebound from him. It was awesome.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 12:49:34 AM »
Playing Orlando on TNT tonight... Wes just went up with Dwight Howard and ripped the rebound from him. It was awesome.

Marv Albert commented that Wes' grit and hustle were the reasons Sloan loved him and had him on the court.

Speaking of Marv Albert, that whole thing about him cross dressing and biting his mistress on the ass is a long forgotten memory. I recall living overseas when that story broke. We all assumed he was wearing panties on his head. Imagine our horror when we got the rest of the story. He used to kit himself out in bra, panties, corset, garter belt and fishnets. How the hell do you live that down?

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 08:56:33 AM »
19 points and 6 assists in 38 minutes for Wesley last night in win over Lakers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »
Marv Albert commented that Wes' grit and hustle were the reasons Sloan loved him and had him on the court.

Speaking of Marv Albert, that whole thing about him cross dressing and biting his mistress on the ass is a long forgotten memory. I recall living overseas when that story broke. We all assumed he was wearing panties on his head. Imagine our horror when we got the rest of the story. He used to kit himself out in bra, panties, corset, garter belt and fishnets. How the hell do you live that down?

Time, Brother. Time was his best friend. The same friend who will eventually set Tiger free.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »

Time, Brother. Time was his best friend. The same friend who will eventually set Tiger free.

Roger, time. Having said which, there is a huge difference between the sins of Marv Albert and those of The Tiger. Somehow, Marv's "interests and predilections" are a bit more...uh, unconventional, shall we say whereas Tiger was cashing in some well worn chips of the rich and famous. At the end of the day, Tiger has to answer to his Swedish bride which is probably a very daunting task. I'll tell you, since saying "I do" I've kept to the straight and narrow because I know my wife would hunt me down on horseback otherwise and that is something I fear more than a Double Digit SAM screaming in on my tail at Mach 4.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »
Matthews had 19 vs. the Lakers, if I'm not mistaken. I have to admit, I'm very pleasantly surprised at his production. He was the ultimate team player for MU...sacrificing personal statistics for the good of the team.

There's no question he's positioned himself for a better NBA career than Novak or Diener. Solid defense will do that...especially when you're playing for Jerry Sloan.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »
Matthews had 19 vs. the Lakers, if I'm not mistaken. I have to admit, I'm very pleasantly surprised at his production. He was the ultimate team player for MU...sacrificing personal statistics for the good of the team.

There's no question he's positioned himself for a better NBA career than Novak or Diener. Solid defense will do that...especially when you're playing for Jerry Sloan.

Wes needs to get down on his knees every night and thank JC for getting Tanned Tommy the heck out of Milwaukee.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 03:28:03 PM »
Wes needs to get down on his knees every night and thank JC for getting Tanned Tommy the heck out of Milwaukee.

Of course without the tanned one you speak of, Wes probably would have been a Badger. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »
Of course without the tanned one you speak of, Wes probably would have been a Badger. 

Touche. What other schools recruited Wes in HS?

BTW, don't get me wrong. I recognize all the good The Tanned One did for MU. I just detest his constant self-promotion and the gutless way he ditched is men. Honor and character at all times, not just when it is convenient because then it is neither.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »

BTW, don't get me wrong. I recognize all the good The Tanned One did for MU. I just detest his constant self-promotion and the gutless way he ditched is men. Honor and character at all times, not just when it is convenient because then it is neither.

Looking for real honor in major college coaches is fruitless.

None of these guys got to where they were by being "great guys". 

9 out of 10 big time college coaches (football and basketball) have inflated egos, questionable "ethics" and "character" and are tireless self promoters.

Even our own Buzz Williams (who I like a lot) was accused of less than kosher recruiting and coaching in the Brett Roseboro situation.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
Looking for real honor in major college coaches is fruitless.

None of these guys got to where they were by being "great guys".  

9 out of 10 big time college coaches (football and basketball) have inflated egos, questionable "ethics" and "character" and are tireless self promoters.

Even our own Buzz Williams (who I like a lot) was accused of less than kosher recruiting and coaching in the Brett Roseboro situation.

Sorry. I guess I am naive about human nature and the world of college athletics. In my world - Honor, Integrity, and Character are not requested - they are demanded. We live our lives by a Code:

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence in All We Do  

I expect nothing less from my men so, I guess, I expect nothing less from the general public.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:59:12 PM by warthog-driver »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 08:11:04 PM »
Very honorable of you (honestly).

I also HOPE for the best out of every CEO, major politician, university president, professional head coach and college head coach.

HOWEVER, I know that a lot of guys in those power positions are usually very driven professionally, have a healthy ego, and are great at promoting their own accomplishments in an effort to climb the professional ladder.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »

It was essentially between MU and UW.

Georgia Tech, Stanford, and Michigan State were also involved, as I remember

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 09:26:10 PM »
Wes had some superb choices. I think our community is the better for his matriculating at MU.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »
There's a nice pic of Wes and accompanying story in today's print edition of the USA Today about how even drafted first year players (ie. Thabeet) have a hard time getting on the floor and he is averaging 20+ minutes. It goes on to quote Sloan saying Wes isn't afraid to guard anybody and mentions all the guys he's taken on this year. I saw the article in a car dealership this morning, but can't find it online.

groove

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 09:07:26 AM »
There's a nice pic of Wes and accompanying story in today's print edition of the USA Today about how even drafted first year players (ie. Thabeet) have a hard time getting on the floor and he is averaging 20+ minutes. It goes on to quote Sloan saying Wes isn't afraid to guard anybody and mentions all the guys he's taken on this year. I saw the article in a car dealership this morning, but can't find it online.

here it is:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-12-13-insider-wesley-matthews_N.htm