collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] What does the potential NCAA settlement mean for MU? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[May 22, 2024, 09:36:22 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 22, 2024, 07:26:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by rocky_warrior
[May 22, 2024, 06:25:06 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by BCHoopster
[May 22, 2024, 06:19:00 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by tower912
[May 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ustream on Android  (Read 2025 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Ustream on Android
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:50:16 PM »
FWIW, in case anyone thinks that someday, maybe a Marquette game shows up on UStream, and you want to watch it on your Android phone...

http://androinica.com/2009/11/25/ustream-viewer-streams-live-video-to-android-devices-starting-with-tonights-kiss-concert/
Video platform Ustream has uploaded its Ustream Viewer app into the Android Market, enabling users to watch live or recorded content directly on their Android handsets. The new app is available for free and capable of watching live feeds, music videos, recorded clips, and user-generated content over Wi-Fi or 3G.

Not that there will ever be MU games on Ustream, just a hypothetical situation of course...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:53:54 PM by rocky_warrior »

Moonboots

• Starter
Re: Ustream on Android
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »
I might have to do that, in case any Marquette game (or other sporting event, hypothetically speaking) ever accidentally makes its way onto UStream.  How many other Android users do we have in here, and on which phone are you running it?

I just got a Motorola Droid about two weeks ago.  Love it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:01:37 PM »
Sounds like the Android user base is growing quickly - and especially with the Droid. 

T-Mobile MyTouch here - rooted with CyanogenMod.  Love it - though I wish I had the Driod's OMAP processor instead of the Qualcomm processor in mine.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »
Sounds like the Android user base is growing quickly - and especially with the Droid. 

T-Mobile MyTouch here - rooted with CyanogenMod.  Love it - though I wish I had the Driod's OMAP processor instead of the Qualcomm processor in mine.

Nice...I'm eligible for an upgrade this summer, and I think I've grown out of my Sidekick trip.  I'm thinking about the MyTouch...does T-Mobile have any other Android phones?  (MyTouch is an Android phone, right?  I obviously haven't done much research yet)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
MyTouch is Android.  I love T-Mobile, but honestly for being the carrier that jumped on the Android bandwagon first (G1), they've fallen behind in phone's because all of their current Android phones (G1, MyTouch, Cliq, Behold 2) use the same (old) Qualcomm MSM processor.  Qualcomm now has a multi-core Snapdragon processor, and I'd hope to see new phones with it soon.

Meanwhile, the (Motorola/Verizon) Droid uses a Texas Instruments OMAP3 processor. I won't get into the specifics, but it's a MUCH faster core, and (while I haven't seen it in action) presumably is much more responsive (the MyTouch can lag sometimes).

Anyhow, long story short, I'd wait for t-Mobile to release a phone based on the OMAP or Snapdragon (Acer A1, Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 ??) before you get one.  But since you have to wait for summer, I'd expect somthing newer and better will be out by then.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
MyTouch is Android.  I love T-Mobile, but honestly for being the carrier that jumped on the Android bandwagon first (G1), they've fallen behind in phone's because all of their current Android phones (G1, MyTouch, Cliq, Behold 2) use the same (old) Qualcomm MSM processor.  Qualcomm now has a multi-core Snapdragon processor, and I'd hope to see new phones with it soon.

Meanwhile, the (Motorola/Verizon) Droid uses a Texas Instruments OMAP3 processor. I won't get into the specifics, but it's a MUCH faster core, and (while I haven't seen it in action) presumably is much more responsive (the MyTouch can lag sometimes).

Anyhow, long story short, I'd wait for t-Mobile to release a phone based on the OMAP or Snapdragon (Acer A1, Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 ??) before you get one.  But since you have to wait for summer, I'd expect somthing newer and better will be out by then.

From the sounds of this post, I'll know who to come to if I ever have questions about Android.  :)

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 08:16:15 PM »
From the sounds of this post, I'll know who to come to if I ever have questions about Android.  :)

Haha, I know, right?

Thanks rocky!  Yeah, I'm definitely hoping that by summer they'll have some kind of new hotness from Android.  I also love T-Mobile...my family and I started off with VoiceStream, and then all of a sudden it became T-Mobile, and we've been with them ever since.