[Today at 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: E. Williams  (Read 14906 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: E. Williams
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 10:05:33 AM »
Guys....it's the second game of his freshman year.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »
Guys....it's the second game of his freshman year.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.

+10000000000000000000000000000000

Countless reasons why he might not have played last night.  Do we really have to go over every single scenario as to why he didn't play.  Here I will start you out with 10 and we can discuss in detail and then me or others can come up with 10 more and so and so on until we beat this insignificant topic to death.

1.  Maybe Frozena just earned it more.
2.  Maybe it was an oversight by Buzz.
3.  Maybe EWill wasn't feeling good.
4.  Maybe EWill made fun of Buzz's haircut.
5.  Maybe Ewill skipped a class.
6.  Maybe EWill arrived late to practice
7.  Maybe Buzz was disgusted with how we execute the end of games.
8.  Maybe Frozena is blackmailing Buzz
9.  Maybe Buzz thought we had another half.
10.  Maybe Buzz thought that butler, Jaymay, Hayward, buycks, DJO, Cooby, Acker needed more work and Buzz is making decisions based on what gives him the best chance to win this year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »
My guess is that EWill has never really had to work all that hard because he is so athletically gifted that he dominated in everything.  I think that is why Maymon has looked a little off at times too.  This isn't HS or AAU basketball any longer.  It's a tough transition for all but the highest caliber of players.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Maybe Buzz is teaching a young man a lesson about value of hard work and if the light goes on he will play.  Expectations are down this year, so people want to see all the freshman play and get "better," but maybe Buzz is teaching him how to be a leader.  Maybe Buzz is teaching him the skills he will need for a year or two down the road, and maybe RF is part of that lesson...work hard now, get better and see what happens.  A few reports had EWill as a soft spoken kid, maybe a little adversity makes him tougher.  

I got to trust the guy(s) that are with EWill everyday.  Maybe that is foolish not to second guess a guy two games in, but that is my plan...watch and see where we go.  

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »
I remember reading somewhere (JSOnline maybe?) that EWill had been sick for a while and missed (or was limited in) some practices. Falling behind early can be tough especially with so much thrown at a player right away. He may just need some time to get acclimated to the system and/or to get back to feeling 100% and/or "earn" his playing time.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
If it's really about earning playing time, which I don't know if it is, I'm not getting how playing in a blowout against an MEAC team is supposed to be some big thing to be earned.  These guys came to play in the Big East, and if it was a treat to play against UMES they would have went to Norfolk State instead.  If you want to send a message about earning playing time then hold them out of meaningful playing time, not what boils down to additional practice time. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Actually he was playing weel in the BE season; but, then fell into Buzz's doghouse for whatever reason and never played after that prior to announcing his transfer.

Hazel didn't "fall in to the doghouse for whatever reason". He put himself there with his behavior. He was permanently benched and was persona non grata. His transfer was encouraged and welcomed.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »
I Think EWill is gonna be fine.  He's soft spoken and i agree with a bunch of people on here he's got some growing up to do and i have my faith in Buzz if he thinks he needs to sit then by all means sit him.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
Hazel didn't "fall in to the doghouse for whatever reason". He put himself there with his behavior. He was permanently benched and was persona non grata. His transfer was encouraged and welcomed.
I was trying to say that more kindly than you did... :-\

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »
I was trying to say that more kindly than you did... :-\

Sorry I misunderstood. Your post seemed to infer something unfortunate "happening" to Pat (somehow "fell" into the doghouse). Just wanted to set the record straight that he "jumped".

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 08:04:10 PM »
Williams seems very quiet and probably needs to gain some strength before being ready to get any regular minutes. Maybe in practice Williams has been getting owned by guys who are simply physically stronger than he is and he's got timid from this? Not all athletes have that built in super aggressive nature and can have their confidence shaken somewhat if they struggle, especially if say he's getting physically pushed around in practice. I'm not claiming to know that this is the case with Williams, but it seems quite possible given his slim frame and soft spoken nature.