collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pacquiao Wins!  (Read 3163 times)

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Pacquiao Wins!
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
n/m
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
Re: Pacquiao Wins!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 11:41:18 PM »
HE CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!

I loved when he just stood with his hands down like "dude...Michael Buffer said "lets get ready to RUMBLE, not RUMBA"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »
I thought Cotto could continue to take the punishment before the TKO.

I really wanted him to go down hard...and kiss the mat. :)
SS Marquette

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 02:41:26 PM »
"Golden Boy Given Green Light to Begin Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Negotiations"

http://fighthype.com/pages/content6228.html

Ohhhhhhh snap!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:15:16 AM »
Floyd is going to destroy him.

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:05:54 AM »
Floyd is going to destroy him.

HAHA, Floyd hasn't been able to destroy anyone in a very long time, and please don't use Ricky Hatton as an example of Floyd destroying someone.  He will outbox Pacquiao though and win a comfortable 12 rd, safety first decision.  Floyd at jr. lightweight and lightweight was pretty damn good.  Since then he has reverted to fighting fighters who are either shot(ODLH), smaller than him(JMM), or have limited skills, but big names(Ricky Hatton/Arturo Gatti).  Big props to Floyd though if he does fight Pac, I think he will, the money for that fight will be too big for him to pass up.

BTW, I do think Floyd is the best P4P in the world, but I hate his boring safety first style and think he's an arrogant prick who thinks he's bigger than the sport.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
HAHA, Floyd hasn't been able to destroy anyone in a very long time, and please don't use Ricky Hatton as an example of Floyd destroying someone.  He will outbox Pacquiao though and win a comfortable 12 rd, safety first decision.  Floyd at jr. lightweight and lightweight was pretty damn good.  Since then he has reverted to fighting fighters who are either shot(ODLH), smaller than him(JMM), or have limited skills, but big names(Ricky Hatton/Arturo Gatti).  Big props to Floyd though if he does fight Pac, I think he will, the money for that fight will be too big for him to pass up.

BTW, I do think Floyd is the best P4P in the world, but I hate his boring safety first style and think he's an arrogant prick who thinks he's bigger than the sport.

Floyd retired for 3 years because no one could touch him.  The guy is 40-0.  He may be getting old, but I'd take him in a fight against Pac (lost 3 fights).  Floyd IS boxing at this point.  Ask a non boxing fan to name 3 boxers before last week, and I bet the only one that they can name (besides the guys like Tyson and Holyfield, etc.) would be Floyd Meriweather.

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »
Floyd retired for 3 years because no one could touch him.  The guy is 40-0.  He may be getting old, but I'd take him in a fight against Pac (lost 3 fights).  Floyd IS boxing at this point.  Ask a non boxing fan to name 3 boxers before last week, and I bet the only one that they can name (besides the guys like Tyson and Holyfield, etc.) would be Floyd Meriweather.

You're too funny.  Undefeated means jack dude.  Marciano retired undeafeted but that doesn't make him the best heavyweight ever, so did Ricardo Lopez but he fought in the obscure strawweight division(105lbs).  Also if you ever speak with knowledgable boxing fans, you would know that Floyd should have a loss on his record.  Most people who saw his first fight with Jose Luis Castillo thought Castillo won.  Granted Floyd did beat him pretty easily in the rematch though.  Pac has three losses, but two of them were a long time ago, when he was a teenager.  Unlike here in the US, in some third world countries like the Philipines, fighters turn pro as early as 15 yrs of age, so yeah two of his losses are irrelevant at this point.  His loss to Morales was also avenged and Pac has continued to look better and better since then.  As for Floyd being boxing, well that is just a ridiculous comment.  Also if he were so popular as you claim he is you would know his name is Floyd Mayweather, not Floyd Meriweather.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:47 AM »
You're too funny.  Undefeated means jack dude.  Marciano retired undeafeted but that doesn't make him the best heavyweight ever, so did Ricardo Lopez but he fought in the obscure strawweight division(105lbs).  Also if you ever speak with knowledgable boxing fans, you would know that Floyd should have a loss on his record.  Most people who saw his first fight with Jose Luis Castillo thought Castillo won.  Granted Floyd did beat him pretty easily in the rematch though.  Pac has three losses, but two of them were a long time ago, when he was a teenager.  Unlike here in the US, in some third world countries like the Philipines, fighters turn pro as early as 15 yrs of age, so yeah two of his losses are irrelevant at this point.  His loss to Morales was also avenged and Pac has continued to look better and better since then.  As for Floyd being boxing, well that is just a ridiculous comment.  Also if he were so popular as you claim he is you would know his name is Floyd Mayweather, not Floyd Meriweather.

haha true that... but a typo is a typo.

I'd be happy to lay some money down with you when the fight night comes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
looks like Manny wants to keep using PEDs that are banned by the Olympics... and there will be no fight.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »
As a PacMan fan, I too have my doubts.

But PBF has had his own run-ins with banned substances: http://www.insideboxing.com/Columnist/frank_gonzalez/sharkies_machine_april_21.htm

You have to consider though, if the Mayweather camp truly believes it to be so, why don't they just walk away?
Ahhhhh...the $$$$$$$$$$.
They gambled by exposing something that cannot be proven (yet) and lost. Tried to recoup but found out that they're now frozen out of a big fight. Play with fire and you get burnt. At least they can say, "We're telling you so."

This all leads to the fork in the road: boxing v. MMA

Boxing is technical and powerful, as is MMA.
But illegal substances damage the image of Boxing. I don't think it's the same with MMA as it's full-on, knock-the-silly-snot-out-of-the-guy (or make_him_tap_out) action.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:34:32 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

feedback