[Today at 07:24:54 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: LeBron wants all players to surrender 23  (Read 9616 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: LeBron wants all players to surrender 23
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »
I actually think the Miami Heat already retired #23 for Jordan.

You're right.  They have a banner in the rafters that I believe originaly was half Wizards half Bulls uniform.  I think since then they've changed it to be an all Bulls jersey.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »
CHICO'S IS RIGHT . JORDAN'S CHARACTER  PRECLUDES THIS HONOR. HE ACTUALLY WAS A TYPICAL NBA PLAYER OFF THE COURT.HE WAS SPECIAL ON THE COURT BUT NOTHING LIKE IT ONCE HE WAS OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM, JUST NOT REPORTED

Well, Kanye, Imma let you finish but...

I don't think his off the court activities should have any bearing here.  He wasn't a murderer or a criminal, so despite objections to his moral character, his play on the court are what would spur this jersey decision.  Plenty has been reported about Jordan off the court, but he is still probably the best player to play the game and an undeniable influence and brand.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 03:14:07 PM »
Incidentally, there is a growing chorus to honor Jordan league-wide in some manner. I have heard several people...including Mark Jackson during a game on ESPN...call for the league logo to be changed from the Jerry West silouette to one of Jordan. I'm  not sure about that, but it's clear the league's African-American players take note of the fact that their logo is a white player who's best days were 40 years ago. I'm not sure it's not a legitimate issue.

Jordan was a MASSIVE influence on this generation of players -- look no further than DWade's recent comments about him.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 03:21:17 PM »
I have heard several people...including Mark Jackson during a game on ESPN...call for the league logo to be changed from the Jerry West silouette to one of Jordan. I'm  not sure about that, but it's clear the league's African-American players take note of the fact that their logo is a white player who's best days were 40 years ago. I'm not sure it's not a legitimate issue.

Having the NBA logo on our uniforms would have to be good for recruiting.