[Today at 12:40:07 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any Bucks fans in here?  (Read 6893 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Any Bucks fans in here?
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »
I know its extremely early, but they are currently at the top of the division and are looking really exciting.

Also, I'm a member of squad 6 and hopefully that is getting some energy to the bc. Anyone here a fan, or checking the time for the next bandwagon stop?

GOMU1104

• All American
Re: Any Bucks fans in here?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »
Check out www.bucksketball.com

Pretty solid site.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:23:47 AM »
<---

sadly, I too am a masochist.

mu89

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:29:14 AM »
again it is early but i'm saying jennings for rookie of the year. go bucks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »
I think they look real good so far.  Jennings looks like he is going to be something.  It is also nice that Bogut looks back to form.

However, this team is still a few players away from doing anything substantive.  Hopefully they can make a run at some people this off season.

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
7 seed

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »
here's an article about how excited you should be for the future even if you don't think they'll do anything this year:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FuturePowerRankings-6-091110

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »
I'll admit to being about as fairweather as they get when it comes to the Bucks (which is different than how I handle the Pack and Brew Crew) but I've really enjoyed watching them early on this year.  Jennings looks like he's completely ready to undertake the role of being the man on this team for a long time.  He's a player.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
I'm with PXI on this one - I am a fair-weather fan of the Bucks (more because I'm not a huge fan of NBA Basketball than anything else), but I have watched a couple of the games this year and I am especially impressed with Jennings, Bogut, and Ilyasova.  I hope when Redd comes back he does not screw up the chemistry the young Bucks have going right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »
I'd like to see Redd stay healthy for a change so the Bucks can move his dead weight ass and contract at the trade deadline.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 01:31:35 PM »
I'd like to see Redd stay healthy for a change so the Bucks can move his dead weight ass and contract at the trade deadline.

trade him last week... dont wait until february.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »
he's coming back from ACL surgery, is on the pine for two weeks with a different injury, makes $17M this year and has a player option (which he is sure to exercise) for $18.3M next year.  I'm not sure he's tradeable right now.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »
trade him last week... dont wait until february.

As an opposing GM...would you trade for him?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »

As an opposing GM...would you trade for him?

if I have the money, and I need a pure shooter?  of course... he is a poor man's Ray Allen IMO.

The Bucks on the other hand, do not have the money, and seem to be doing just fine without him.

Michael Redd's expiring contract will be talked about a lot come Feb.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 01:44:22 PM »
If he can stay healthy at the trade deadline, some team, still in the hunt and needing a scorer, will trade for him. That's the best MKE can hope for since he's strictly a one dimensional player who benefitted by holding the Bucks up at the short hairs.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:03:53 PM »
if I have the money, and I need a pure shooter?  of course... he is a poor man's Ray Allen IMO.

The Bucks on the other hand, do not have the money, and seem to be doing just fine without him.

Michael Redd's expiring contract will be talked about a lot come Feb.

Hes not even a good shooter anymore. His game has seriously fallen off with all of these injuries.

These injuries, by the way, have come while he was dunking/trying to dunk. If that doesnt scream "finished," I dont know what does.

His contract does not expire this year. He has an 18 mil option for next year, as well.

He is the Bill Hall of the Milwaukee Bucks...

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »
As long on Kelvim Sampson is on their sideline, I won't be a fan of the Bucks.  It sickens me that the Bucks hired him so soon after what he pulled at Indiana. 
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 02:23:12 PM »
Hes not even a good shooter anymore. His game has seriously fallen off with all of these injuries.

These injuries, by the way, have come while he was dunking/trying to dunk. If that doesnt scream "finished," I dont know what does.

His contract does not expire this year. He has an 18 mil option for next year, as well.

He is the Bill Hall of the Milwaukee Bucks...

I wouldn't go that far.  Redd is still a good shooter.  .450 FG% is pretty good, and .386 3PT% is as well.

Should he have ever been the star of a team?  No... absolutely not.  I was appalled when they gave him that ludicrous contract.  He is a guy who is meant to score and spread the defense out, not be the center of defense's attention.

I didn't realize it was a player option next year... but I am not sure that he is untradeable.  There are plenty of teams out there who need a scorer and I'm sure someone will come calling before the deadline.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »
As long on Kelvim Sampson is on their sideline, I won't be a fan of the Bucks.  It sickens me that the Bucks hired him so soon after what he pulled at Indiana. 

Really? Of all things, THAT sickens you?

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 02:40:34 PM »
Maybe sickens is too strong a word, but his presence certainly deters me from rooting for the team.  Sampson devastated the program at Indiana and then took a $750,000 settlement so he didn't sue them for wrongful termination.  Shouldn't the Bucks be a little concerned about having a guy with no moral compass represent them?
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 02:48:45 PM »
I wouldn't go that far.  Redd is still a good shooter.  .450 FG% is pretty good, and .386 3PT% is as well.

Should he have ever been the star of a team?  No... absolutely not.  I was appalled when they gave him that ludicrous contract.  He is a guy who is meant to score and spread the defense out, not be the center of defense's attention.

I didn't realize it was a player option next year... but I am not sure that he is untradeable.  There are plenty of teams out there who need a scorer and I'm sure someone will come calling before the deadline.

He is currently UNTRADEABLE.  If he gets healthy and can get back to his role of scoring between now and February he may be moved by the trade deadline.  It will still be difficult to move him, even in February, due to the $18.3M player option, the free agent bonanza occurring next summer, and the possible decrease in the salary cap figures.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »
Maybe sickens is too strong a word, but his presence certainly deters me from rooting for the team.  Sampson devastated the program at Indiana and then took a $750,000 settlement so he didn't sue them for wrongful termination.  Shouldn't the Bucks be a little concerned about having a guy with no moral compass represent them?

In the grand scheme of things...nobody really cares all that much about what he did.  

mu89

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
In the grand scheme of things...nobody really cares all that much about what he did.  

and devastating the indiana program? i would assume most on this board could really care less.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 03:12:22 PM »

If you're gonna be upset about moral compasses in the Bucks coaches ranks, you may want to Google up "Scott Skiles illegitimate kids."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »
7 seed

Oh I hope not...mediocrity is the worst place to be in the NBA.