Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tarik Black... PLEASE come to Marquette!!!  (Read 49892 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: Tarik Black... PLEASE come to Marquette!!!
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »
Was there any even remote foundation for the accusation that Buzz would keep a coaching job as a bargaining chip for a 4-star recruit's basketball coach to encourage him to look at high major who has playing time open at the PF/C position?  

Or is it just that the people in Memphis could not understand how someone would consider going to another school so there had to be a conspiracy theory?

Great class by Memphis though.  At least Louisville didn't get these kids I guess...

LON

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »
Why, did FedEx finally buy Memphis a real conference?  I didn't see that news.

I read the Memphis board a bit this weekend.  It's cute how you guys egg each other on to post some trash talking on other teams threads.  Now run on back to your boyfriend and tell him the job is done.

People from Memphis can read?

CUSA_NEWS

• Walk-On
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2009, 08:09:05 PM »
Speaking of reading, perhaps you guys should work on your comprehension skills. Wes wanted an assistant job on the TIGERS bench... via Black.... Wes would allow Black to go to any other school w/o such demands. I know, I know... it's still too complicated for ya.   ;D

Anywho, Let's Play Ball!

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2009, 08:25:17 PM »

BTW, the NCAA has imposed a rule were former high coaches cant use their players as a bargaining tool to land collegiate jobs. That sucks for you guys.   ;)

Wes wanted an assistant job on the TIGERS bench... via Black.... Wes would allow Black to go to any other school w/o such demands. I know, I know... it's still too complicated for ya.

What is complicated is trying to read your incoherent posts.  All I can get out of this is some guy named Wes is/was stoned.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:27:13 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
I think he's referring to world wide (watermelon juice?) Wes

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »
I think he's referring to world wide (watermelon juice?) Wes

No, Wes Hennig.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2009, 10:21:44 PM »
Quote from: GOMU1104 link=topic=15996.msg155795#msg155795 edate=1258430227
No, Wes Hennig.

Oh,that wes. Lol. I guess it was too complicated for me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:51:46 PM by rocky_warrior »

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2009, 10:31:56 PM »
Speaking of reading, perhaps you guys should work on your comprehension skills. Wes wanted an assistant job on the TIGERS bench... via Black.... Wes would allow Black to go to any other school w/o such demands. I know, I know... it's still too complicated for ya.   ;D

Anywho, Let's Play Ball!

Nice conference.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »
Tarik who?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »

Anywho, Let's Play Ball!

Hopefully we will get a chance to play Memphis at some point.  The great thing about playing Memphis is if you do in fact lose the game you just have to wait until the infractions committee overturns the win at a later date.  You win either way!

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2009, 12:24:50 AM »
Memphis could hold there own in the BEAST. Be interesting to see how they would have turned out had they came with us, depaul, and louisville.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2009, 12:44:01 AM »
If they didn't have a dirty program we could have found out.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »
I just hate the retrospective penalties.  They are useless, as all of the benefits associated with exposure and indirect financial benefit have already hit. 

I would much prefer to see corrupt programs (ie. everywhere Jon Cal has coached) punished prospectively with huge sanctions on the coach himself, prohibiting him from leaving a former school in shambles while he proceeds to rosier pastures.  For the multiple infractions, a school like Memphis should get 2 years no post-season, and 1 year without ANY national TV exposure, including highlights.  That sends a much stronger message than stripping away wins that already occurred.

With all that said, good luck Tarik, by all written accounts you seem like a good guy.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
I just hate the retrospective penalties.  They are useless, as all of the benefits associated with exposure and indirect financial benefit have already hit. 

I would much prefer to see corrupt programs (ie. everywhere Jon Cal has coached) punished prospectively with huge sanctions on the coach himself, prohibiting him from leaving a former school in shambles while he proceeds to rosier pastures.  For the multiple infractions, a school like Memphis should get 2 years no post-season, and 1 year without ANY national TV exposure, including highlights.  That sends a much stronger message than stripping away wins that already occurred.

With all that said, good luck Tarik, by all written accounts you seem like a good guy.

I agree for the most part.  However, I believe in Memphis' case they had to forfeit nearly $700,000 to the NCAA (so at least they lost some of the financial benefits).  I think they are appealing the money aspect.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
What really leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that they don't just suspend the COACH and AD from ANY NCAA event, and fine the pants off of them.

hit em where it hurts, their wallets and their egos.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2009, 10:49:02 AM »
Wes Hennig?  Help! who is that, one of TB's HS or AAU coaches?

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »

I'd agree, and I think schools that hire coaches that have been found guilty of issues in the past should be warned that if issues persist they will be hit with greater sanctions.  If you hire a cheat and then allow him to cheat...you should be done.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2009, 10:54:15 AM »
Wes Hennig?  Help! who is that, one of TB's HS or AAU coaches?

(Henning is the last name) - he is the coach at Ridgeway high school where Tarik goes.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
I find it hysterical that someone from Memphis would ever throw stones at ANY school in the country. A school that went 15 years wuithout having one of its basketball players get a degree? A school that purchased a brand new Cadillac for Dejuan Wagner, then hired Wagner's father as assistant coach to make Dejuan would attend the school? A school that has been dirty for three decades now? We can take hits from UW, Louisville, even Kentucky. But Memphis? God.

mileskishnish72

• All American
Tarik
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »
Awesome video (although there doesn't seem to be much going on with the left hand) - would be what we were always looking for at the Ardmore - a sweet pick-up.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Tarik
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »
This gets my vote for most confusing post of the year 2009.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
The MU in MUScoop doesn't stand for Memphis University...
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2009, 01:08:42 PM »
best of luck to Tarik. I guess getting an education wasn't part of his agenda.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
He could be the next Baskerville Holmes!
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2009, 04:49:45 PM »
I wish him the best but I also don't want to read about him anymore ... just like Taylor, Nick Williams, or Crean for that matter.  He no longer matters to Marquette until we play them.  I want to read about our future even if merely speculation.