Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jayvaughn Pinkston  (Read 3391 times)

robertoc

• Scholarship Player
Jayvaughn Pinkston
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:04:38 AM »
anyone know much about this guy?  I hadn't heard of him, but the scout blog mentions us as one of the top 5.  Their recap of him is a mix between DuJuan Blair and Charles Barkley, which would be excellent!

dsfire

• All American
Re: Jayvaughn Pinkston
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:11:28 AM »
He's a Nova lean that may not sign until spring.  Highly rated from NYC, plenty of press about him: http://www.zagsblog.com/category/jayvaughn-pinkston/

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »
Theres a very good chance he signs during this signing period.  My guess is it will be either Nova or Tennessee.

robertoc

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:14:23 AM »
interesting- this is the piece from scout's recruiting blog:

"Just got off the phone with New Height coach Kimani Young. He told us that there is a strong possibility Jayvaughn Pinkston signs during the early period. He's looking at Marquette, St. John's, Villanova, Seton Hall and Tennessee."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 11:31:09 AM »
"Just got off the phone with New Height coach..."

That's what we need...a new Height Coach.  I'd always heard that you can't coach height.  Just goes to show how much the game is changing.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 11:35:54 AM »
That's what we need...a new Height Coach.  I'd always heard that you can't coach height.  Just goes to show how much the game is changing.

I wonder if they have a New Work-Ethic coach too.  My organization could use one of those more than the height coach.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 11:54:04 AM »
"I'd always heard that you can't coach height.  Just goes to show how much the game is changing."

That's why its NEW

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
either Pinkston or Black would be exception gets it would appear they are very similar players and rather similar in the rankings, Black has  few inches on him and thatis probably the reasonign for the 20 or so higher ranking that he seems to have.  Either one would be a big East caliber PF and would be a huge piece in the puzzle.  Add a athletic guard like a Reggie Smith and we are absolutely loaed for the next 3-4 years. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 03:39:27 PM »
either Pinkston or Black would be exception gets it would appear they are very similar players and rather similar in the rankings, Black has  few inches on him and thatis probably the reasonign for the 20 or so higher ranking that he seems to have.  Either one would be a big East caliber PF and would be a huge piece in the puzzle.  Add a athletic guard like a Reggie Smith and we are absolutely loaed for the next 3-4 years. 
  I think you're saying (but I'm not sure) that if we get either Pinkston or Black plus Reggie Smith, we're doing great?

If that's what your trying to say, I agree.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
Marquette will not be implementing a Height Coach.  Looks like MU will go with a Height Czar, Work Ethic Czar, and a Deflection Czar (well maybe not the last one lol)

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 05:40:30 PM »
Marquette will not be implementing a Height Coach.  Looks like MU will go with a Height Czar, Work Ethic Czar, and a Deflection Czar (well maybe not the last one lol)

Whatever they're calling him, I hope Mo spends some extra time working with him this month.  He should be a welcome addition to the staff.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback