Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Game Day Giveaways  (Read 8388 times)

wesmat

• Walk-On
Game Day Giveaways
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:54:30 PM »
Anyone know which games they are handing things out? Is there a schedule where this stuff is listed?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Game Day Giveaways
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
Here's your answer.

Looks like so far, it's the standard two posters, magnet, 4 trading cards + 2 TBA.

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-promotions.html

Lazar Laser pointer night?

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
Here's your answer.

Looks like so far, it's the standard two posters, magnet, 4 trading cards + 2 TBA.

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-promotions.html

Lazar Laser pointer night?

that reminds me of the glow sticks (against georgetown in 2007-08 I believe) where the entire student body tossed their glow sticks from the upper deck down below. i guess no one in the marketing department thought of that.

MisterJaylenBrownMU

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:09:03 PM »
that reminds me of the glow sticks (against georgetown in 2007-08 I believe) where the entire student body tossed their glow sticks from the upper deck down below. i guess no one in the marketing department thought of that.

To be fair, that was flipping awesome.  The shower of powder blue was one of the coolest things I've seen at any sporting event.  I brought a Georgetown alum to the game and he was losing his mind at how awesome the atmosphere was at that game.  (If only we had managed to win that one...)

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:40:18 PM »
Thanks Hilltopper

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 09:53:35 PM »
Not sure if everyone with a facebook account can see this, but here is a video of the glow sticks from that game. I'll try to get my friend to post it to youtube so everyone can see it.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=524688343394

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 10:48:06 PM »
Not sure if everyone with a facebook account can see this, but here is a video of the glow sticks from that game. I'll try to get my friend to post it to youtube so everyone can see it.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=524688343394

I can see it, thanks for posting!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
Yes, thanks for posting - was cool to see :)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 11:47:36 PM »
Cool video! But I was expected loads (showers) to rain down on the fans below...much like a Gatorade bath.
Though not what I had hoped, it was an interesting and exciting sight to see.

Hmmmmm....

I hope they're missing a bobblehead.

An Al McGuire bobblehead would be cool, but so would a Kojis, Mo Lucas, Chones, or Doc Rivers one.
Maybe a 02-03 Final Four t-shirt?

What would be cool is a 3 item series of the Three Amigos (bobbleheads, figurines, whatever).
SS Marquette

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 12:09:36 AM »

I hope they're missing a bobblehead.

An Al McGuire bobblehead would be cool, but so would a Kojis, Mo Lucas, Chones, or Doc Rivers one.

Didn't they do Mo Lucas a few years ago when they retired his number?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »
Didn't they do Mo Lucas a few years ago when they retired his number?

Correct.

It was a mini-bobblehead.
SS Marquette

Marquette2010

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »
To be fair, that was flipping awesome.  The shower of powder blue was one of the coolest things I've seen at any sporting event.  I brought a Georgetown alum to the game and he was losing his mind at how awesome the atmosphere was at that game.  (If only we had managed to win that one...)
ya i brought my younger cousin interested in marquette.... she loved the feeling just not the ending upset.... sadly she now goes to iowa... and has discontinued her bball career

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »

Probably the most exciting game at the BC that MU didn't win in decades.  I still cringe when I replay that fall-away three from the corner in my head.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »
Probably the most exciting game at the BC that MU didn't win in decades.  I still cringe when I replay that fall-away three from the corner in my head.

Two words:  Reece Gaines

LON

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »
Two words:  Reece Gaines

I was at both, I'd have to agree with you.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 12:21:35 PM »
I was at both, I'd have to agree with you.

Still nauseating, even after all these years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ4j6ptphfc

After Diener hit that 3-ball, that was as loud as I've ever heard the BC, and it's not close.  You could feel the building shaking.  Gaines' shot went in so soon after Diener's that a lot of people in the crowd didn't realize what happened as pandemonium continued for a couple more seconds.  That was the most horrific emotional swing I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

The worst part was the Louisville degenerates spraying beer on us as we walked past their tour buses parked on State Street on our way back to campus.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 12:28:15 PM by MDMU04 »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

muphan

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
I remeber that g town game. one of the best things I have been apart of. I was in the upper deck so i did not get the view from the lower bowl. still awesome tho

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »

After Diener hit that 3-ball, that was as loud as I've ever heard the BC, and it's not close.  You could feel the building shaking.  Gaines' shot went in so soon after Diener's that a lot of people in the crowd didn't realize what happened as pandemonium continued for a couple more seconds.  That was the most horrific emotional swing I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

The worst part was the Louisville degenerates spraying beer on us as we walked past their tour buses parked on State Street on our way back to campus.

single greatest game I have ever been to, closely followed by the 3 OT game my freshman year (00-01)... which we lost also.

Dry White Toast

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »

I would be willing to bet that Novak's buzzer beater against ND was louder.  My ears are still ringing from that one.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 02:00:33 PM »
I would be willing to bet that Novak's buzzer beater against ND was louder.  My ears are still ringing from that one.

Was at both, and the Novak shot was louder (for that moment). But the crowd at the UL game was better over 40 mins by a longshot.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
While I wasn't at it, I watched the Gaines game and it has to be number one

When Novak made the shot, the Journal Sentinal did a story saying it was the second loudest moment ever at the BC. Number one was Dameon Mason over Louisville.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »
While I wasn't at it, I watched the Gaines game and it has to be number one

When Novak made the shot, the Journal Sentinal did a story saying it was the second loudest moment ever at the BC. Number one was Dameon Mason over Louisville.

another awesome game I managed to attend... Wish I could have been around for the Novak shot...

But I have to agree the Diener shot had the house rocking...

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »

Yea, it was pretty awesome. I was in the lower level of the student section during that...it was duck and cover for awhile...but definately cool to be a part of it.

How about the "student section newsletters" that they used to put on chairs? Apparently they were perfect for paper airplanes. Seeing one coast from the back of the student section, onto the court during a TO...while potentially a Technical Foul...was a pretty outstanding feat.