2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] MU 106, MSOE 47  (Read 8141 times)

avid1010

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] MU 106, MSOE 47
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »
I like the idea of an exhibition as a tune up.  But might the team have been better served if we'd played a different (better) team?  How would members of this board characterize this game vs. exhibitions in years past?

I understand why they banned the scheduling of traveling teams, but those were much better...in my opinion.  So now teams play one and scrimmage with the other...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 08:52:52 PM »
I'm sure Buzz took things from the game;
 You keep evaluating MU's talent based on how they play against MSOE, and I'll keep living in the real world.  

I get your point (that you're a silly stupidhead...and stuff) but come on.  You're upset that people make comments on the team after an exhibition game?  I didn't see any one person that said, "hi!  based on what I know about this team, which is only this game against MSOE, I have figured some things out, here they are....".  You think our head coach took things from this game -- apparently he didn't evaluate talent though - otherwise he'd be living in a non-real world.  
  I'm guessing you're a college student (the ; however, ).

David being able to knock down some shots would be great... I hope last year was just an off year due to the shoulders... Cooby slappin the floor on the defense and dances after a big shot are enough to give him some time.  

The scrimmages are great.  The Minnesota Golden Gophers just played Univ of Minn-Duluth and won by a million Thursday night.. they have a similar Minn state opponent on Monday.  In that respect, Marquette is much better off having played with/against another d-1 school instead of 2 formal games against bad teams.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 09:10:47 PM »
i know it's an exhibition, but did anyone else think that perimeter defense was really bad?

+1 - we had very little perimiter defense, and MSOE, though they could not get any other shots, had a lot of open, uncontested 3's and made more than they should have.  This is a concern and we need to fix it.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:20:46 PM by Daniel »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »
I like the idea of an exhibition as a tune up.  But might the team have been better served if we'd played a different (better) team?  How would members of this board characterize this game vs. exhibitions in years past?

I'd be down with a game against the Bucks. ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
 I get your point (that you're a silly stupidhead...and stuff) but come on.  You're upset that people make comments on the team after an exhibition game?  I didn't see any one person that said, "hi!  based on what I know about this team, which is only this game against MSOE, I have figured some things out, here they are....".  You think our head coach took things from this game -- apparently he didn't evaluate talent though - otherwise he'd be living in a non-real world.  
  I'm guessing you're a college student (the ; however, ).

David being able to knock down some shots would be great... I hope last year was just an off year due to the shoulders... Cooby slappin the floor on the defense and dances after a big shot are enough to give him some time.  

The scrimmages are great.  The Minnesota Golden Gophers just played Univ of Minn-Duluth and won by a million Thursday night.. they have a similar Minn state opponent on Monday.  In that respect, Marquette is much better off having played with/against another d-1 school instead of 2 formal games against bad teams.

As long as we're guessing at age.  I'll go with elementary judging from your stupidhead comment.

Good call with the Buycks being up and down this year.  That's a bold prediction for a player seeing his first year of D1 basketball in the BEAST.  Maybe you want to predict that JC doesn't start on Friday's opener as well. Glad you like Cooby's dance.  I personally don't go for that.  Not sure that makes me feel like we're still the Warriors, and I'm wondering what's on his mind while he does the dance.  He's probably thinking about finding his man in transition or the current situation of the game.  

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 12:29:20 AM »

I'd be down with a game against the Bucks. ;D

Or Athletes in Action.  I think Lawrence Funderberk plays for them nowadays.  And maybe scoonie penn.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2009, 08:27:07 AM »
i'm not saying he did a bad job. i was pleasantly surprised by him. i was arguing with the other poster who was using those stats to say that cooby could be a good BEast PG. i think that he will definitely be serviceable, but no where near good once BEast play starts

if you are referring to me, I never said that.  I said he had a good game, and could run the 1 if we NEED him to.

a certain someone (MR.H) doesn't read critically, and he tried to make it seem like I said Cooby is going to be the next great thing in the BEAST.

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:13 AM »
if you are referring to me, I never said that.  I said he had a good game, and could run the 1 if we NEED him to.

a certain someone (MR.H) doesn't read critically, and he tried to make it seem like I said Cooby is going to be the next great thing in the BEAST.

Cooby's inability to penetrate and break down a defense is the reason he is not a good PG.  Anyone can pad assist numbers if their teammates are hitting shots.  I've alway liked his defense, especially the way he pressures the ball.  I think Cooby will surprise a lot of people with his numbers, unfortunately he's still not a good PG.  Neither is Acker for that matter.  AWFUL defender and can't penetrate either.  Solid ball handler though and can hit some threes when left open. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
Cooby's inability to penetrate and break down a defense is the reason he is not a good PG.  Anyone can pad assist numbers if their teammates are hitting shots.  I've alway liked his defense, especially the way he pressures the ball.  I think Cooby will surprise a lot of people with his numbers, unfortunately he's still not a good PG.  Neither is Acker for that matter.  AWFUL defender and can't penetrate either.  Solid ball handler though and can hit some threes when left open. 

you prefer a Dom James PG, while I prefer someone who will run the offense and find the open guy... just different philosophies.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 10:47:54 AM »
you prefer a Dom James PG, while I prefer someone who will run the offense and find the open guy... just different philosophies.

+1. Coobie's ability to knock down an open 3 also means his defender has to play tighter defense allowing everyone else to have more open space on the floor to work against their defenders. Coobie will probably end up with a fair amount of assists based on his minutes just by finding the guy slashing to the basket and getting the ball to him.