collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2010 NBA 1st Overall Draft Pick  (Read 4906 times)

wadesworld

• All American
2010 NBA 1st Overall Draft Pick
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
A friend of mine and I were talking while walking over to the Rec today about who the Bucks will get when they win the lottery after this year (I fully expect them to be the worst team in the NBA).  Who are some potential number 1 choices?  We couldn't come up with too many.

Off of the top of my head I thought Ed Davis from UNC.  My friend thought maybe John Wall or Devin Ebanks.

We also thought maybe DeMarcus Cousins if he decides he wants to play hard. I would hope Cole Aldrich won't be the best player in the draft (I just don't think he's going to be that good...I don't think he's nearly as good as Tyler Hansbrough and people were pretty low on him).  Maybe Willie Warren?  I hope it's not Greg Monroe either, I think he's overrated.  Are there any good overseas players?

Thoughts?  I feel like this year is somewhat down.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: 2010 NBA 1st Overall Draft Pick
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:40:03 PM »
John Wall.  Live from Prison, baby
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »
I know how you feel about not really having a guy out there that seems to be a lock for #1 pick in next years draft.  I feel that way every year!  Then it becomes pretty clear as conference play starts.  I hadn't really heard of Blake Griffin since he was a McDonalds All American and two years later (I think) he was clearly the most dominant player in the NCAA.  I guess we'll see who that is this year.

DJAMES1

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
Bucks wont be the worst team in the NBA this year so no need to worry about who they would take at #1.  Brandon Jennings is a future all-star and Hakim Warrick is going to surprise people.  Throw in Bogut and Redd and I think this team has the possibility to sneak up on alot of people.

JimmyBIToldYa

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »
Bucks wont be the worst team in the NBA this year so no need to worry about who they would take at #1.  Brandon Jennings is a future all-star and Hakim Warrick is going to surprise people.  Throw in Bogut and Redd and I think this team has the possibility to sneak up on alot of people.

good joke

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:40:47 AM »
John Wall and Derrick Favors...both are NBA ready right now.

Wall had a good arguement to be eligible for the 2009 draft, as he spent 5 years in HS. I am very surpised he did not pursue it further.  He would've been the #2 pick.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:49 AM »
John Wall would be the #1 pick...but if the Bucks get the #1 pick as you suggest, they're more likely to take Maurice Acker than John Wall simply because they are the Bucks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:18:36 AM »
The Bucks aren't going to sneak up on anyone.  They are terrible.  Redd is a one-dimensional player.  Bogut is a decent player but nothing special.   Jennings may be great eventually, but we don't really know that yet.

They dumped Jefferson for expiring contracts in order to be a FA player next year.  I don't know exactly whom they think they might get because even if they have the cap space, it's not as though Wade or Lebron are coming to Milwaukee.  But if they get some decent second-tier players they will be in a better position than they are now.

This season was flushed down the toilet long ago.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 09:25:46 AM »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »
The Bucks aren't going to sneak up on anyone.  They are terrible.  Redd is a one-dimensional player.  Bogut is a decent player but nothing special.   Jennings may be great eventually, but we don't really know that yet.

They dumped Jefferson for expiring contracts in order to be a FA player next year.  I don't know exactly whom they think they might get because even if they have the cap space, it's not as though Wade or Lebron are coming to Milwaukee.  But if they get some decent second-tier players they will be in a better position than they are now.

This season was flushed down the toilet long ago.

The Bucks won't even be last in the Central.  I expect them to be ahead of Detroit and Indiana (who are both going to be gawdawful) this year.

They won't make the playoffs, but the team will do a lot more than you think they will.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »
Not a big fan of Berri's work.

The Bucks aren't going to be playoff-caliber team, but they won't be the worst team in the league. They might not even be the worst in their division. Pistons are pretty bad and same with the Pacers. Bucks just don't get any respect because they are the Bucks. Definitely of mediocre and easily forgotten.

Do you really think Skiles will let them win less than 30? Last year they lost Redd and Bogut. No matter Redd is one dimensional, he is still a top 30 scorer and Bogut is the defensive anchor. They will suck but they have enough not to be the worst team in the league.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 11:05:36 AM »
The Bucks won't even be last in the Central.  I expect them to be ahead of Detroit and Indiana (who are both going to be gawdawful) this year.

They won't make the playoffs, but the team will do a lot more than you think they will.

:) Great minds think alike.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 01:31:07 PM »
John Wall and Derrick Favors...both are NBA ready right now.

Wall had a good arguement to be eligible for the 2009 draft, as he spent 5 years in HS. I am very surpised he did not pursue it further.  He would've been the #2 pick.
Not... really.  The rule is the player must turn 19 during or before the year of the draft, and "at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school)."  Wall's extra year in high school doesn't seem to matter to either the spirit or the letter of the rule, since it's tied to the graduation date.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »
Not... really.  The rule is the player must turn 19 during or before the year of the draft, and "at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school)."  Wall's extra year in high school doesn't seem to matter to either the spirit or the letter of the rule, since it's tied to the graduation date.

He is 19 years old, so that takes care of that.

The rest is an EXTREMELY grey area.

An NBA Exec flat out told me that, had John Wall hired a good attorney and purused this, he would be in the NBA right now.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:53 PM »
I guess I'm just going based off the rule as opposed to hearing from anyone in the league; I just don't see how the rule could be read in favor of Wall in this case.  There's been enough teeth-gnashing over the change in the rule that it can't be all that flexible [breakable].

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
I guess I'm just going based off the rule as opposed to hearing from anyone in the league; I just don't see how the rule could be read in favor of Wall in this case.  There's been enough teeth-gnashing over the change in the rule that it can't be all that flexible [breakable].

The arguement at the time was, that he COULD still be considered as a member of the 2008 class...even though he didnt finish school until 2009. If he were a part of the 2008 class, that fullfil the 2nd requirment of having to be 1 year removed from your HS class.

In the end, hes probably getting paid pretty well at UK, so it doesnt really matter.