Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Games and Directv vs Time Warner  (Read 10019 times)

niquejamesfan

• Walk-On
Marquette Games and Directv vs Time Warner
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:58:25 AM »
I live in the Appleton area and just made the switch to Directv.  Last year I got virtually every game with the Time Warner Sports 32 channel.  Will I be able to get all the games once again if I subscribe to the upper tier sports package on Directv or will I only get a few with that?  Thanks for the help all

Marq

• Walk-On
Re: Marquette Games and Directv vs Time Warner
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 09:16:01 AM »
I live in the Appleton area and just made the switch to Directv.  Last year I got virtually every game with the Time Warner Sports 32 channel.  Will I be able to get all the games once again if I subscribe to the upper tier sports package on Directv or will I only get a few with that?  Thanks for the help all

You shouldn't need to subscribe to the upper tier sports package. I lived in Oshkosh last year and had directv, all the games that were played on Time Warner Sports 32 were also played on the Directv channels as well. I believe they were played on Channel 32 of Direc Tv. I know for a fact that they are shown just not sure which channel.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
I don't have Directv, but I believe everything on the schedule that's listed to be shown on the Big East Network is shown on SNY.  Not sure what happens with the 4 non-conference games that are listed for TWC32 but not on the Big East Network.

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »
I live out west, and with direct tv you can see pretty much every game.
Like it was said earlier, the gams broadcast on bigeast network (tw32 locally) are most always on sny or masn which are inlcuded in some package through direct tv.
I'd make sure what ever package you get it includes those two networks.

Marq

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »
I live out west, and with direct tv you can see pretty much every game.
Like it was said earlier, the gams broadcast on bigeast network (tw32 locally) are most always on sny or masn which are inlcuded in some package through direct tv.
I'd make sure what ever package you get it includes those two networks.

If your living in Appleton you dont need to buy the premium package that includes SNY or MASN. Why pay for the premium package if you dont have to you, unless you want to spend the extra money. You will be able to see every game that is played on TW sports as long as you have the directv package that includes espn, espn 2, mtv, mtv 2, nfl network, mllb network.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:09:25 AM »
The "sports package" is an extrs $10/ month and you'll have every game whether it's on MASN, SNY, MSG, or ESPNU.

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »
Does anyone know the best option for viewing most/all games on Comcast-Chicago?  Sports Ent. Package or ESPN Full Court?

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 01:39:07 PM »
If your living in Appleton you dont need to buy the premium package that includes SNY or MASN. Why pay for the premium package if you dont have to you, unless you want to spend the extra money. You will be able to see every game that is played on TW sports as long as you have the directv package that includes espn, espn 2, mtv, mtv 2, nfl network, mllb network.

it isn't a premium package, I was just mentioning to make sure those channels are included. They are nice to have if you like watching other big east games as well.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
Does anyone know the best option for viewing most/all games on Comcast-Chicago?  Sports Ent. Package or ESPN Full Court?
Last year, Full Court was awesome for MU.  I was able to watch all but a few early season cupcakes with regular cable and Full Court.

Until the Full Court schedule comes out we have no way of knowing how many of our games will be on this year.  Since the preseason projections are down, I am assuming it won't be every game again this year.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 02:06:31 PM »
Last year, Full Court was awesome for MU.  I was able to watch all but a few early season cupcakes with regular cable and Full Court.

Until the Full Court schedule comes out we have no way of knowing how many of our games will be on this year.  Since the preseason projections are down, I am assuming it won't be every game again this year.

For those in Chicago with Comcast, my guess is that the Full Court games will also be on ESPN 360. Comcast finally made ESPN 360 available to customers in August.

I think this year, I will save the $99 on Full Court and just watch the games on 360.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
I think this year, I will save the $99 on Full Court and just watch the games on 360.

I'm planning the same.  Hopefully it works well. 

Last year, even without 360, most games were streamed via ustream or justin.tv from some very generous local fans.  Quality wasn't great, but it was watchable (just don't watch HDTV before watching the stream.  hah).

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
For those in Chicago with Comcast, my guess is that the Full Court games will also be on ESPN 360. Comcast finally made ESPN 360 available to customers in August.

I'm hoping the ESPN 360 works for the Full Court games as well.  I've done Full Court the last 3 years, and got screwed with Comcast's billing each time.  They are THE worst people to deal with... at least here in DC where it's basically Comcast or nothing.  Would do DTV, but no dishes allow in my building.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 03:27:47 PM »
I'm planning the same.  Hopefully it works well. 

Last year, even without 360, most games were streamed via ustream or justin.tv from some very generous local fans.  Quality wasn't great, but it was watchable (just don't watch HDTV before watching the stream.  hah).

ESPNU is now also offered in most comcast packages in Chicago as well this year.  I think there were quite a few games on there last year

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »

If you get Sports Pack, you will get almost all the games via SNY or one of the other RSNs.

niquejamesfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »
Maybe Im just stupid but I dont understand how I will get those games without the sports pack.  Sorry Im new to Directv but cant comprehend what channel would actually have it .  Thanks though for the help

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 04:48:11 PM »
I'm hoping the ESPN 360 works for the Full Court games as well.

I'm pretty sure that it will work. Currently, for the college football season, all ESPN Gameplan games (the football equivalent of Full Court) are played simultaneously on 360 as well. I don't see why they would change it for hoops.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:50:37 PM by RJax55 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
The "sports package" is an extrs $10/ month and you'll have every game whether it's on MASN, SNY, MSG, or ESPNU.

For full disclosure, it's actually up to $12.99 per month but can be as little as $8.  It all depends how many other premium services you have....the more you buy, the bigger the discount.  So if you have HBO or Showtime, for example, your Sports Pack price is lower.

Hopefully some of the games will be in HD this year.  The channels that they are on (SNY, etc) we do broadcast in HD, but if the source isn't HD (i.e. they aren't using HD cameras and uplinking in HD) it won't be true HD.  I doubt very many games will be because the costs are high for the schools to do it, but maybe this year they start to dabble in it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 10:23:21 AM »
Maybe Im just stupid but I dont understand how I will get those games without the sports pack.  Sorry Im new to Directv but cant comprehend what channel would actually have it .  Thanks though for the help

the only way I know to get the games TWC shows on TWC32 is to get the Sports Pak from D* for the out-of-market channels like SNY or MASN as others have said

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 11:16:09 AM »
For full disclosure, it's actually up to $12.99 per month but can be as little as $8.  It all depends how many other premium services you have....the more you buy, the bigger the discount.  So if you have HBO or Showtime, for example, your Sports Pack price is lower.

Hopefully some of the games will be in HD this year.  The channels that they are on (SNY, etc) we do broadcast in HD, but if the source isn't HD (i.e. they aren't using HD cameras and uplinking in HD) it won't be true HD.  I doubt very many games will be because the costs are high for the schools to do it, but maybe this year they start to dabble in it.

AWWWWW Chicos, you and D-TV are killing me!   ;) ;D

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »
Is there any hope for those of us living in the People's Republic (Madison to the Unenlightened) ?
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
Is there any hope for those of us living in the People's Republic (Madison to the Unenlightened) ?
If you're on Directv I'd imagine you have the same options as everyone else.  If you're on Charter... well, it's Charter.

I would think Uverse would have similar options to the satellite companies - it really depends who your carrier is.

MrRivals150

• Scholarship Player
  • MARQ bball, the real bball team of the state
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 06:19:37 PM »
Can someone with Direct TV use their remote and look at the guide to see if/what channel is showing the game.

Thanks,  in Madison, WI
Clay for Heisman 2010, Buzz for Recruiter of the year

nyg

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 06:31:51 PM »
Can someone with Direct TV use their remote and look at the guide to see if/what channel is showing the game.

Thanks,  in Madison, WI

Not on any Direct TV channels tonight.